I've been seeing more and more people choose either melee mages or dex-mages. Right now, I've got two builds:

- A level 50 pure dex bird
- A level 30 pure int mage, which I am thinking about respecing

I've been noticing something - I really don't like being the mage that kind of stays back to heal, I prefer attacking at a distance (which was why my first character was bird). More than a few times, I have found myself unable to resist the instinct to aggro, which often had fatal results, because the mage's range is so short and kiting is not effective. I've been thinking, for maximum damage output to the enemy (in both PVE and PVP), is dex-mage better than int mage? Also, what is the best distribution of skills for dex mage?

I was in favour of going pure dex at one point for maximum damage, but now I'm thinking about putting more in int so that spells can recharge.

- Is there a penalty when you spellcast if you go pure dex? (ex: fireblast, lightning, drain life, etc., heal). Obviously more potions will be needed as mana recharge slows, but I would like to know damage output.
- How has damage output been (please answer if you have respeced from int mage or strength mage to dex mage)?
- What did you configure your skill set at level 50?

Thanks in advance.