Thread: New Weapons and Armor Drop Rate Changes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New Weapons and Armor Drop Rate Changes

Just wanted to throw it out there that while the original drop rates for the new Caves items was ridiculous (or so I heard), it is extremely unfair of the Devs to change it so drastically for those of us who were unable to log in yesterday. Apparently, almost everyone who played the caves yesterday got many of the new items with little effort, while myself (and others) must play for hours, if not days to get get these new items after the change today. I understand a change was necessary because I doubt the Devs wanted everyone and their dog running around with these "elite pinks", but the fact still remains that the Devs put the rates in their knowing that that would probably happen, and if they didn't, their should he some sort of recall to make it fairer for those of us who weren't able to take advantage of the new areas before the change Any input Devs or more knowledgable player than me may have is welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

sorry for you, and they arent going to make a recall

not going to make 500 players quit for 1 person who couldnt log on
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't expect them to. And I'm just saying that they need to do something. Heck in the few hours I was on today the price of some of the new items jumped from 20k to over 300k. I'd say that's a little bit much for one update, especially considering the number of pinks some people farmed yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

the chance of getting a new pink is insane now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's exactly what I mean, the chane in drop rate was too drastic compared to the original.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If there was a recall and all my items were taken away I wouldn't be to happy. Sorry that you couldn't log on but there's no since making others pay for that.
    Armyxstrong level 50 warrior
    Armyxhawk level 50 archer
    Civisoldier level 50 enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Sry man- but this is better now. Now the items are really elite becuase they r much rarer. Though I shouldn't be talking cuz I have 2 sets
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crashed93 View Post
    If there was a recall and all my items were taken away I wouldn't be to happy. Sorry that you couldn't log on but there's no since making others pay for that.
    lol dude, the people who didn't even get to try the shadow cave while it had a very high drop percentage aren't "too happy" atm so u should be grateful about what u have right now and not troll on a thread that is the opposite of what you think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

how long have u played PL... do u not know by now that after any new content release the capped lvl'ed players always farm the sh*t out of it for the first 3 days because after that they nerf the drop rates, nerf the rush, nerf this, nerf that...

This is also why the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer

This game is still new and i admit even i rant sometimes but the fact is, this game keeps changing and its hard for the Devs to keep up and know exactly what we want. My advice is at any time when new gear updates are released, go and FARM FARM AND FARM because chances are something will chance after the realeased.

I just keep tabs on the forums and know when new content is out and then log in and farm for 3 days. Then just log in from time to time to play a bit...
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmandial View Post
    Just wanted to throw it out there that while the original drop rates for the new Caves items was ridiculous (or so I heard), it is extremely unfair of the Devs to change it so drastically for those of us who were unable to log in yesterday. Apparently, almost everyone who played the caves yesterday got many of the new items with little effort, while myself (and others) must play for hours, if not days to get get these new items after the change today. I understand a change was necessary because I doubt the Devs wanted everyone and their dog running around with these "elite pinks", but the fact still remains that the Devs put the rates in their knowing that that would probably happen, and if they didn't, their should he some sort of recall to make it fairer for those of us who weren't able to take advantage of the new areas before the change Any input Devs or more knowledgable player than me may have is welcome.
    its better u farm green ice now... u will have easier success...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

With the boss rarity as it is NOW, a 100% boss pink drop rate now would not seem that unreasonable. Since the boss is usually NOT there.

I wouldn't mind seeing the mini-boss Shadow D'Jinns back though...

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like I said I don't expect them to do a recall I was just saying the need to do something. Unfortunately, I can't revolve my life around a video game and check it every day, and I am sure I'm not the only one with that problem (if you call it a problem). And I agree with Fyrce. The bosses are rare enough now that even a 100% drop rate would not completely flood the market due to the rarity of boss spawns. Another solution would be just to keep the drop rate now and to increase the chance of the boss spawning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I was able to get some items the first night and have been in since the nerf. I'd say it's swung a little to far now. Between the portal appearing less, fewer bosses and that the mobs don't drop anything, it's hard to really justify time in shadow caves. Played them all night last night, went through all 5 levels, for nothing. I guess that happens with vl runs, etc., but at least with those you get some greens and purples to pay your way.

Interesting though, the chaos is kind of part of the fun and I can't imagine it isn't understood before the update ever comes out.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior