Thread: Where Pocket legends is and where i would like it .... WARNING LONG POST !!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Where Pocket legends is and where i would like it .... WARNING LONG POST !!

Hey guys

Ok so most of you guys will know me as i have been here from the very beginning of this amazing game when the level cap was a mere 25 ... ive seen this game go through rough patches (not being able to pick target, ao1,very first pvp system)
    But i have also seen it through the amazing and countless hours of fun that this game offers..

now here is where id like to get serious about it now ...

Back when fathom crypts was the "new" map the game still didnt even have definite drops Eg. If you killed a boss he may not drop anything .. it was all random now that was all fine and dandy untill we the community wanted more so they brought in loot tables and we LOVED THIS !!! farming began and the economy took off during the samps when gifting or sorry "get scammed button" was introudced =) Now we still all loved this and we knew the risks of scamming and gifting and we accepted and moved on ...

The community then asked for difficulty and more challenging bosses low and behold the swamps arrive with new amazing loot tables and fantastic battles which were challenging at the time ... We all remember frogmar the *itch

Then the community wanted something more and hello pvp .... FANTASTIC edition to the game but was introduced with very little balance so it took a few updates but now pvp is extremley fun and challenging

Now time for a recapp ... so as you can see the game has kept evolving and getting better and better but now thats what we have to ask for now ....

So im goin to skip alot here and just come up to alien oasis 3 ... now when this appeared this was like nothing we had ever played the bosses were amazingly challenging the levels were beautifully designed and the loot was just god damn awsome !! for the first time we finally seen some scpripted scenes with the bosses and some things that had to be done during boss fights to survive ....

Now here i dont meen to sound mean but this is all standard stuff for mmorpgs but no one was expecting this sort of gameplay from a MOBILE mmorpg !!

But now that we know that this is possible is when we have to start asking ourselves what is next ........

What i would love to see is some actualy finesse involved in playing the game not crazy button bashing... i would love if using the right skills at the right time was nesscary ..... ok as we can now see the boss battles can be scripted so how about instead of running things on timers like the keepers shield gurgux's scream and the overlords shield how about you make these into battle phases Eg. lets say after 30% of gurgux's health is dropped he charges scream so now there is a little more calculation involved in the game .....

The next i would love to see is actual orientation mattering now what i mean by this is the way you have the boss facing is important .. this comes into effect for bosses like Overlord .... Eg. if the tank can keep the boss facing him and the dps and healers stay behind the overlord his blasters cant hit them .... but for this to be possible we need new skills for the tanks so they can properly tank ... taunt dose not hold or pull aggro well enough for tanking to be possible in this game IMO..

I would love to see more visualy appealing scripted attacks from bosses that also require you to move to certain areas of the map to survive .... here is an example ..... ok imagine your in a new map and you have cleared it all except the boss so you run up to the boss room and you see an npc so he talks to you like in the begining quests where your screen zooms in on him and he says oh becareful during this fight i will help as much as i can ..... so your like ok and your team runs in and attacks the boss and after like 20% health dropped the npc shouts over saying quick hide in the shields that i drop and maybe two shields appear in the room in random areas and you need to get inside them within 3-5 seconds or a boss attack that can wipe the team is used ..... this is the kind of exciting boss battles i would love to see and i know you guys can do it as you have done so much so far so please please try

Yours sincerly
    Your king

Ps great job if you read this far =)
    Last edited by King Richie; 01-20-2011 at 12:12 PM.