Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Advancement Curve Changes for Level 56

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Ok ok ok now that this has cleared the air. Give us 1.7.... please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Btw, I didn't see any puppet strings. That spoiler was a bit too hyped up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Sounds good I hope this crown really makes it worth it. Gonna be kinda sad going through the entire xp grind just for a flimsy looking crown or just that 1 armor extra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonearcher View Post
    Ok ok ok now that this has cleared the air. Give us 1.7.... please
    I bet you are pumped with 10k pots 10mil and cleared inventory space arnt u
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    sweet ill whip out my cheetah thong and iron it for tommorow
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalbanana
    I want your body, its so nice and warm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove
    I touched myself last night. I said no, but I knew I wanted it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hawkei View Post
    1 question assomers what does -ALS mean?
    Its his initials
    To view this information you need a Spacetime Studios® Gold™ Account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

While we are on the subject, I hope the exp gain will be more tightly correlated to difficulty level across the entire game. In the AO3 paradigm, why shouldn't Gurgox give 20x or 30x the exp that a mummy does? This will make exp gain a natural byproduct of playing the game as opposed to a goal in and of itself. If Shadow Caves V run can give 10x the exp that a Crush the Keeper run does, maybe the game will be more balanced. I personally enjoy consuming content when I accomplish several goals at once (exp gain, loot, quests, etc.).

Another idea would be to have exp rewards for things other than kills, i.e., how well one plays the game. For example, solo combos could give 1 exp point. Combos with other players could give 2-3 exp points. This would penalize hangers-on, and rightly so.

As for the "Crown of Persistence," (lmao) I am happy to have contributed, abeit in a minute way, to PL lore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

What yanis said is true. Have to disagree on combo bit though, bears

A small concern too, while the new Exp is good, doesn't it just equal a few more runs of the same map?

I think Keeper map can net about 400ish xp if you can clear fast enough, have to check values again. With that, won't the extra Exp needed just equal 1-2 more keeper runs and roughly 10k at most? (3k exp pot, damage pot).

Also, basing on Physiologic's graph, I'm curious why the steady increase drops after 45.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 02-03-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

ALS, any hints when 1.7 is commin
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yanis View Post
    While we are on the subject, I hope the exp gain will be more tightly correlated to difficulty level across the entire game. In the AO3 paradigm, why shouldn't Gurgox give 20x or 30x the exp that a mummy does? This will make exp gain a natural byproduct of playing the game as opposed to a goal in and of itself. If Shadow Caves V run can give 10x the exp that a Crush the Keeper run does, maybe the game will be more balanced. I personally enjoy consuming content when I accomplish several goals at once (exp gain, loot, quests, etc.).

Another idea would be to have exp rewards for things other than kills, i.e., how well one plays the game. For example, solo combos could give 1 exp point. Combos with other players could give 2-3 exp points. This would penalize hangers-on, and rightly so.

As for the "Crown of Persistence," (lmao) I am happy to have contributed, abeit in a minute way, to PL lore
    Agree wholeheartedly. I've always been surprised that bosses don't give a lot more xp than regular mobs.
    I'd like to see things like Crush xp farming a thing of the past because it's more worth it to kill the boss than remake before you get to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I agree with this. No, actually I don't. I totally, 100% agree with every single letter and space typed into that post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I agree with this. No, actually I don't. I totally, 100% agree with every single letter and space typed into that post.
    Including the "lmao" part? ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Come on 1.7 !!!!!!
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy crap, I cannot agree more. It has never seemed right to me that a player actively using self combos, setting up his teammates for combos, chugging potions, and actually playing the game to the best of his/her ability should be rewarded the same as a player who sits in the back doing nothing but drinking coke and eating pizza IRL.
    14u2nv

Raging. Killing. Unrelenting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Oh and I assume the lvl 56 Crown will only be available while 56 is the cap? Otherwise it's pretty meaningless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Ok thats what i like to see

all positive comments thanks devs for finding a happy medium.
    one question are we going to build up to 56 on just the sewar campain or are some other maps in the pipeline before we can reach 56 or is the sewars a super long campain. anyway keep up the good work i love this game so much lol
    Last edited by thugimmortal; 02-03-2011 at 04:29 PM.
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Didn't he say he was going to make elite level for 50-56?
    When there is too much

Don't forget

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #57
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

You're right. We could start giving XP for quests as well.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

pvp idea not that good. why? i have a lvl 1 and a buddy creates a lvl 1 and another one creates one more. we go 2v1 and start killin the other. we lvl to the point when we can combo. +3 +3 +3 +3 +3 .....
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

+3 +3?
    /tenchar
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    You're right. We could start giving XP for quests as well.

-ALS
    It that's the case, consider giving credit for time served... 1,000 snowballs x 3 characters = persistence galore...