Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sorcerer class. Balance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Sorcerer class. Balance?

Hey guys

I started PvP 1 week ago with a level 25 mage. It's ok so far, joined a cool guild and I'm staying away from dramas. Don't get my idea wrong, i'm not the typical guy who wants 500 DMG on a lvl 25 mage but seriously? PvP balance is ridiculous.

I understood yesterday why mage gear is so cheap, because it's the worst class you can find. You can't have a fair fight with rogues and warriors.

Warriors:

Their super fast horn of renew cooldown makes impossible to a mage to kill him if he still has got mana to use horn. Only way to kill a warrior (talking about good ones, everybody can kill warrs with 2k hp at 25) is to deal him damage till he gets out of mana, and that takes long! Also good ones can have about 200 DMG so mages are mostly dead till his mana ends. It's impossible to me to deal damage that passes 50% of HP to my singe warrior friend with 5000 HP at lvl 25. He uses horn after 15 secs. and with his massive HP I didn't reached 60%, my DMG is 275 and HP 2400 pet included. Nothing special but I think I deserve at least 60% off his HP when dieing. Some people may say, "you need to deal more DMG" but don't forget that 2 of our skill slots are occupied by Lifegiver and Arcane Shield, something we can't live without. So we have 2 skills to DMG. One of them must be Lightning strike because of it's fast cooldown and high DMG, so we have to choose between ice, curse, fireball and clock if im not wrong. Most people choose curse because it makes our survivability a bit longer (it removes dmg and ignores armor) but it's not so good to save you from death. Fireball briefly stuns foes and does average DMG, it's stun its not so awesome because it can be easily dodged by warriors juggernaut. Won't talk about ice, not PvP unless you try to score critical shots. Clock is useful because of his snare, but It's cooldown is slow and DMG is not so high. We can't have a fair fight versus this big guys.

Rogues:

It's funny, they wait for our shield to end and probably to our curse to finish eating life packs, our DMG is not enough to kill a good rogue till our shield finishes. As most of times, they use gyrm,ribbit critical bonus arcane abbility and pierce, we get about 1800 crit DMG and we stay in 30%, then they shoot an arrow and dead. Even the worst rogue with 150 dmg at lvl 25 critted me 800 DMG. If rogues keep evolutionating, they gonna have %100 crit chance. I know they may be the best damage dealers and fastest in PvP, but it can't be like this! I'm trying to find a strategy to kill a rogue using the mage shield ending strategy and can't find one, even critting, even stunning, even debuffing we can't kill a rogue with the same gear as a mage (changing class and type ofc). It's just ridiculous, we are so squishy! We die one hit by hooker rogue with no shield. No no no, this is not balanced sorry.

We kinda need a buff or nerf other classes, but I would like to do 1v1 PvP without dieing by one hit or fighting with a trulle that never dies. At the moment we are only good for clashing, but we suck in 1v1. I heard that they balanced classes in one of the recent updates, but I still get 1-hitted by a rogue if I didn't activated my so loved shield. Some others may complain about this because they just "love to farm noob mages" by having an invincible class. I think it's time to get a respect and don't get trolled by being mages. We may have the right to play PvP fair and not versus overpowered rogues and tanks!

#balanceclasses2014
    Last edited by Amadorbibidor; 10-30-2014 at 01:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

No country for old mages.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amadorbibidor View Post
    Hey guys

I started PvP 1 week ago with a level 25 mage. It's ok so far, joined a cool guild and I'm staying away from dramas. Don't get my idea wrong, i'm not the typical guy who wants 500 DMG on a lvl 25 mage but seriously? PvP balance is ridiculous.

I understood yesterday why mage gear is so cheap, because it's the worst class you can find. You can't have a fair fight with rogues and warriors.

Warriors:

Their super fast horn of renew cooldown makes impossible to a mage to kill him if he still has got mana to use horn. Only way to kill a warrior (talking about good ones, everybody can kill warrs with 2k hp at 25) is to deal him damage till he gets out of mana, and that takes long! Also good ones can have about 200 DMG so mages are mostly dead till his mana ends. It's impossible to me to deal damage that passes 50% of HP to my singe warrior friend with 5000 HP at lvl 25. He uses horn after 15 secs. and with his massive HP I didn't reached 60%, my DMG is 275 and HP 2400 pet included. Nothing special but I think I deserve at least 60% off his HP when dieing. Some people may say, "you need to deal more DMG" but don't forget that 2 of our skill slots are occupied by Lifegiver and Arcane Shield, something we can't live without. So we have 2 skills to DMG. One of them must be Lightning strike because of it's fast cooldown and high DMG, so we have to choose between ice, curse, fireball and clock if im not wrong. Most people choose curse because it makes our survivability a bit longer (it removes dmg and reduces armor) but it's not so good to save you from death. Fireball briefly stuns foes and does average DMG, it's stun its not so awesome because it can be easily dodged by warriors juggernaut. Won't talk about ice, not PvP unless you try to score critical shots. Clock is useful because of his snare, but It's cooldown is slow and DMG is not so high. We can't have a fair fight versus this big guys.
    Try Gale (5/5) + Light. And btw, Curse doesn't reduce target armor. The damage dealt by Curse ignores armor, which is why you see the red armor debuff sign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Versus wars it pretty unbalanced but if you cant kill a rogue then you are doing something wrong imo.

I might be wrong maybe liv 25 pvp is totally messed up but at endgame mages are wrecking rogues more than ever right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Try Gale (5/5) + Light. And btw, Curse doesn't reduce target armor. The damage dealt by Curse ignores armor, which is why you see the red armor debuff sign.
    Sorry lel. I was tired when wrote thid so apologies for issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Versus wars it pretty unbalanced but if you cant kill a rogue then you are doing something wrong imo.

I might be wrong maybe liv 25 pvp is totally messed up but at endgame mages are wrecking rogues more than ever right now.
    It's hard, belive me, mage warmonger, super pro, fully geared, he's teaching me mage, can't mess rogues with ribbit. They just wait for our shield/curse to finish then they crit us 70% of our HP. Then arrow and dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

25-28 rogue's bracket - hooks and high dmg from lv25's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

clearly you did not think your strategy well enough. i started playing pvp with mage at 23. also now at 31-32 and i destroy rogues. with warriors it is difficult, i can tell you that but they can be killed also
    ~I'm dreaming while writing. See the above result~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andreim View Post
    clearly you did not think your strategy well enough. i started playing pvp with mage at 23. also now at 31-32 and i destroy rogues. with warriors it is difficult, i can tell you that but they can be killed also
    I know about timing my skills but Its very complicated and tricky. Also best build to beat a warrior it's different from the best build to beat a rogue and we have to switch constantly.. Mage is more luck or clarvidulence cause you have to use a build depending on his build and it's very complicated to find out his build before you fight him. It's a headache for us, we need to work 5x times more than other classes to be good and we still have disadvantage with warriors. They just know, survive somehow till his shield finishes and then he gonna insta-die. I think that the disadvantage of fighting a warrior and the quantity of work and dedication we need to control correctly our mage that is very hard can be considered reasons to balance classes. Rogues in 1 week kill mages easily with the "wait for shield to end" strategy and we need months of tactics and deaths and practice to kill that rogue that started pvp 1 week ago. It's not just about stats, I played rogue, it's 5x times easier than mages (to control). We kinda need a balance on this. Thanks for replying here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amadorbibidor View Post
    I know about timing my skills but Its very complicated and tricky. Also best build to beat a warrior it's different from the best build to beat a rogue and we have to switch constantly.. Mage is more luck or clarvidulence cause you have to use a build depending on his build and it's very complicated to find out his build before you fight him. It's a headache for us, we need to work 5x times more than other classes to be good and we still have disadvantage with warriors. They just know, survive somehow till his shield finishes and then he gonna insta-die. I think that the disadvantage of fighting a warrior and the quantity of work and dedication we need to control correctly our mage that is very hard can be considered reasons to balance classes. Rogues in 1 week kill mages easily with the "wait for shield to end" strategy and we need months of tactics and deaths and practice to kill that rogue that started pvp 1 week ago. It's not just about stats, I played rogue, it's 5x times easier than mages (to control). We kinda need a balance on this. Thanks for replying here.
    It could be tricky but that's the fun of it. In this way you are really feeling that you are playing. It would be so boring to just press a button and the enemy can drop dead.

As for the rogues. I did not encounter one who can just wait until my shield is gone.
    Last edited by andreim; 10-30-2014 at 06:48 AM.
    ~I'm dreaming while writing. See the above result~

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by andreim View Post
    As for the rogues. I did not encounter one who can just wait until my shield is gone.
    There are plenty of good rogues at endgame even without OP gear! Try f.e. Kaaguraa a veeeery smart rogue with "normal" gear, no arcane pet and i lost like 4 to 10 with full myth grand gem gear + kershal + singe/slag with 3 attack skills and trust me this happens not very often to me. He/she is damn good vs mages and has OP timing.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 10-30-2014 at 07:58 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Wow. Just lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Rogues are the ones one shooting mages...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

If you cant kill a rogue right now and you are a mage you definately doing something wrong or the rogue outgears you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

If you cant kill a rogue right now and you are a mage you definately doing something wrong or the rogue outgears you.
    Actually, tbh, it's pretty difficult to kill a skilled rogue who knows what they're doing (though, coming from a non-arcane ring mage who vs arcane ring rogues). Any rogue at endgame who uses Razor properly, can easily defeat the average mage. All I do is rely on crits and Sam panic, or else only thing I can say is gg. Honestly, it's easier to kill maxed warriors (haven't vs'd new bonesaw) than maxed rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Actually, tbh, it's pretty difficult to kill a skilled rogue who knows what they're doing (though, coming from a non-arcane ring mage who vs arcane ring rogues). Any rogue at endgame who uses Razor properly, can easily defeat the average mage. All I do is rely on crits and Sam panic, or else only thing I can say is gg. Honestly, it's easier to kill maxed warriors (haven't vs'd new bonesaw) than maxed rogues.
    Maxed rogue=InstantDeath. (252669547374874685568 crit)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    You'd be surprised. Most of them have very little skill because they've become reliant on gear. The ones with rings are often easier to kill than the ones without simply because if they can't 1 hit you, they have no other game plan.
    lol
    Sorcer logic: kite around a little with charged shield and must time shield perfectly to make the most advantage out of the 2 sec inv. Then you charge in full fledged with fire light. Go slightly away from packs so if they pierce you you can stun and them.
    If they dont peirce as they head for the first pack use pet aa and hope it stuns and they are truly at low health.

War logic see smurf must chase everywhere spam basic attack until shield breaks then wreck smurf.
    Rogue logic see smurf charging shield stun and say gg.

Not to mention rogues beat us in every stat except mana and wars have about 2 times more health and still have decent dmg.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Ima just say Mage is support, I didn't even read the thread so I'm assuming it's a complaint, if the Mage is support, why should be a damage tank AT THE SAME TIME, op much?

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey guys!

We definitely want feedback on the skill system. As such, an official thread exists here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...eedback-Wanted!

Please post your feedback there - the development team is keeping an eye out for all constructive feedback.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com