Thread: We need a sticky!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Lightbulb We need a etiquette guide!

We need someone that's is good at posting ( which is not me ) to make a new forum user etiquette guide and have the devs sticky it. So these new forum users don't come here for the first time and get flamed for asking stuff that people commonly get upset about.

One of the main examples is coming to the forums and asking to be power leveled on their first post. And another common one is asking do this for me over and over again.

Maybe if the newcomers would take the time to read it they wouldn't start out on the forums with and bad rep and get flamed all the time. So people are just beggars and some are just honestly naive and don't realize what they are doing is taboo when they first start using the forums.

So it can help newcomers feel more welcomed when they first start using the forums.
    Last edited by Cabero; 02-05-2011 at 06:10 PM.
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

No, we need a forum clean up! So many old crappy guides, and noob stickies still around, and very few old ones. I think the last thread to get a sticky that wasn't by a dev was yanis. This whole forum needs to be organized.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    No, we need a forum clean up! So many old crappy guides, and noob stickies still around, and very few old ones. I think the last thread to get a sticky that wasn't by a dev was yanis. This whole forum needs to be organized.
    That's true too. But I still think my idea would also be helpful too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    and repainted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cabero View Post
    We need someone that's is good at posting ( which is not me ) to make a new forum user etiquette guide and have the devs sticky it. So these new forum users don't come here for the first time and get flamed for asking stuff that people commonly get upset about.

One of the main examples is coming to the forums and asking to be power leveled on their first post. And another common one is asking do this for me over and over again.

Maybe if the newcomers would take the time to read it they wouldn't start out on the forums with and bad rep and get flamed all the time. So people are just beggars and some are just honestly naive and don't realize what they are doing is taboo when they first start using the forums.

So it can help newcomers feel more welcomed when they first start using the forums.
    Lol No one reads furom rules normally but we all know what they are common sense but newcomers will never read that kind of stuff they just randomly chose a topic thing then they go type stuff to beg
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

They won't read it or otherwise I would. I was tempted to put together a sticky with all the commonly asked questions and where to find the answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    They won't read it or otherwise I would. I was tempted to put together a sticky with all the commonly asked questions and where to find the answer.
    Yep they won't read it so what's the point
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

The bulk of our stickies came from The Community Guy, who is still on a extensive break... I personally think the devs got the mob to get him for stickying so many threads :P.

Anyways yeah we need stickies, I Stopped managing my Enchantress Guide because of it. I didn't really care for getting a sticky, but it takes a lot of time to upkeep it and make sure its up to date. Theres no point in doing this if its almost constantly on the second page out of view, if it was stickied, I'd most likely keep up with its upkeep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

From what I understand, actually, the truth, noobs DONT read. I didnt.. They learn about forums and learn they can post and ask questions on it. They come and post; its there only reason for being on here in the first place.

EDIT: Whhoa! i didnt realize i had 1600 posts ROFL
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Congratz! .
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giayuan View Post
    From what I understand, actually, the truth, noobs DONT read. I didnt.. They learn about forums and learn they can post and ask questions on it. They come and post; its there only reason for being on here in the first place.

EDIT: Whhoa! i didnt realize i had 1600 posts ROFL
    Part of the blame is on websites/forums themselves. How many times have you googled something while looking for information, then getting directed to some annoying and confusing forum. The search options usually work like crap and they usually make you register. So the best and easiest option is to make a account and ask the question. I actually did that today on GoF2 forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Part of the blame is on websites/forums themselves. How many times have you googled something while looking for information, then getting directed to some annoying and confusing forum. The search options usually work like crap and they usually make you register. So the best and easiest option is to make a account and ask the question. I actually did that today on GoF2 forum.
    Thats true...
    Well, to add what I said earlier, nobody reads forum rules.. its long and teenagers, the vast population, have no patience ;D ex. Me
    Who has stopped to read the terms and conditions before?!?! no one!! everyone skips the first page to the bottom and check continue..
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well atleast it would be helpful for the people that would actually take the time to read the one post before posting. I know most scrubs wouldn't take the time to read but I could see the people that actually try to do it right would atleast read the one post.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I usually check stickies and first page before posting on a new forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I lurked for a long time reading posts before I posted anything or even thought I would post anything. I think other posters have done this.
    However, clueless ones will not and they won't even if you told them to. I suspect those people are very similar to the in game noobs and maybe the same people.

Star light, star bright...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    I lurked for a long time reading posts before I posted anything or even thought I would post anything. I think other posters have done this.
    However, clueless ones will not and they won't even if you told them to. I suspect those people are very similar to the in game noobs and maybe the same people.
    I always wonder who's the person behind the noob character. I'd laugh my butt off it George W. Bush was a noob on one of these games...

Or Obama.