Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Become a ‘Guardian of Alterra’ and Earn a Highly Exclusive Community Shield!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

So it's like a knightly order, I guess, and this is our code:

• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.
    • Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars.
    • Fostering community development through player run events, good will, etc.
    • Being visible, helpful, and constructive.
    Wow, that is a lot to live up to. Thank you very much for including me in this group. I know my failings well, and it is always a worry for me that I might stumble.

I was embarrassed to be selected. It's a huge honor. I certainly owe a debt of gratitude to many players in this game.

Coming up, I don't know how I would have figured anything out without Royce. Man, you can ask that guy anything and he usually steers you in the right direction. I think he was wrong once, but it was so long ago I can't remember.

FluffnStuff, too, has been so helpful to me that, again, I would still be trying to figure out some of the stuff he taught me. Fluff rules the chatbox, and for good reason!

Some players who are now gone deserve thanks: ViolentSaint, Furrawn and Habanerobird (happy valentine's day to you two!), Brian from the UK (has a name like bmc85uk? aka Herzie), Dizko had so many posts for young birds. Thanks Volksy and Zek.

Other birds who helped me understand playing were TheLoneArcher, Rangepwnsmeel (now Apollo), Rauen, KingofHurtz, and KingRichie.

Thank you MysticalDream for your friendship and entertaining posts, as well as Arterra for entertaining posts. You really add to the community here!

I want to thank Chickdigcookies (Holybean) for being a solid friend.

I want to thank new friends such as Romgar and mycroft.

BeardedBear, thank you for months of chatbox companionship, and keeping my statements correct.

Also, Lesrider for lively arguments. I guess they got too lively at times, but you have never been a phony to me and I am glad you are here.

To my fellow northwestern US player, the funkiest monk in Cascadia, thank you, too, for friendship. We do live in paradise, the only rainforest in the temperate zone, and we gotta stick together.

Thanks Kalielle for some great playing sessions and posts. I have been playing lowbies lately so we haven't gotten to run together in a while, but I look forward to future runs. Now we're knighted. Go figure!

I'd also like to thank Cabero for encouraging "hardcore" play. I thought I was alone in this, and because of you I now have some others to measure myself against.

Speaking of which, thanks to Lovenus for setting marks I don't think I can ever reach.

Thanks to the chatters in the chatbox, too, like DawnInfinity, ChadM, Kossi. Your chat has helped me through many boring days at work.

I hope I have not forgotten anyone, but I probably did. A community by definition is made up of many people, and everyone in some way contributes. So thank you to everyone. If I did forget anyone specifically, I will edit this.

I'll try to live up to this honor. Thank you again.

Oooh!!! I forgot to thank the devs! LOL!

(but now the band is starting to play and the mic is sinking to the floor so thank you, thank y....)
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 02-12-2011 at 11:10 AM.