Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 50k Gold Reward Needs To Return To Crates!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Rich people (mostly are crate opener) will get richer if instead of 5k gold they get 50k golds.
    Aren't you guys already having the gold limits of the game? What we need in the game is some gold sinks (event Lbs are great indirect gold sink for rich people).
    You are right, we need gold sinks. but the current gold sinks only drain gold from the farmers, merchants are only affected in the sense, that no one has gold to buy things, and the few places worth farming have very small (if any) returns unless you hit the jackpot. we re looking for a solution to bring a healthy and fair influx of gold into the economy to get it running again. as of now merching and farming get s equally less and less attractive.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

I've cleaned up this thread and have moved it to suggestions and feedback. Please keep the discussion on topic and constructive. Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. If you disagree with something, include why and how you feel it could be improved.

Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dogoeswoof View Post
    One of the main reasons why prices are plummeting is because of energy kits and how they take gold out of the economy. Plat converts to energy kits. Energy kits get put into auc. Someone buys from auc. Someone uses energy kits and essentially using the gold and taking out it out of AL. The problem is with energy kits and how they remove the gold bc of their one time use only.
    Energy kits do not remove gold from the economy. The gold spent by one player on buying the energy kit goes to the player who was selling it. The total gold stays the same. The only gold sinks are those in which gold is spent at an NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Nothing sells - nobody except the top 1% has gold.

Unfortunately, in this MMO, there is no way of getting the top 1% to trickle down their gold to the rest of the economy and the top 1% naturally will want to avoid that.
    Nothing sells because everything that is not way too common is super rare. There is no in between. There is no middle class gear. Either my ring costs 700k, or it costs 70m. If I have 10m, there is no ring in that price range for me.

I have a bunch of rogue Ancient Druid Doublet of Will armors. Back in season 1-3, the "of will" type were the preferred type for rogues, and I can remember once looting a Demonlord "of will" rogue armor that I was able to sell for 800k. These Ancient Druid armors even have better stats than the Magma legendary armors that drop from the elite Tindirin bosses. Yet repeated listings for 399 gold go unsold. That tells me there is way too many of these in existence. Everyone has 399 gold. Gold is not the issue, rarity of gear is. There are probably more ancient druid armors out there than there are players.

And if you want the top 1% to spend their gold so it trickles down to the middle class, then you have to have items that can be farmed by the middle class that would be desirable for the top 1% to purchase. The problem is that the only items that can be farmed that the top 1% wants now come from planar tombs, which is not a dungeon that those with middle class gear can effectively farm.

What you need is some items that drop like dragon vanities did in PL. Dungeons that are not super hard or elite, but somewhat easy to run, but the drop rate is super low. For a while last year they had Bael II & Krunch II spawning in various dungeons and dropping rare gear. This was very good for the economy and many players spent the majority of their time searching for Bael & Krunch. It's a shame these 2 bosses were never scaled to 41. But some bosses like that who drop some super rare gear (maybe a rare cool looking vanity?) that the top 1% would want to purchase would go a long way to helping the economy.

Lastly, I like how the Icescale armors are much rarer than the Ancient Druid/Living Spirit/Hellish/Necro armors of the last 2 events were. That is a good start. Unfortunately level 36/41 gear is going to be like Alien Oasis 3 gear was in PL. There is such an abundance of it, except for weapons, that prices are going to always be rock bottom on these items. Let's hope these same mistakes are not repeated in the next expansion.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-21-2014 at 03:49 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

What we need in the game is some gold sinks (event Lbs are great indirect gold sink for rich people).
    Event leaderboards are not a gold sink at all.

It seems that very few players understand the concept of a gold sink. A gold sink is when gold that is spent leaves the game for good. Buying an item from another player, such as an energy kit, does NOT qualify as your gold is just passed to the other player. Example of a gold sink is buying potions from the NPC is the guild hall, or fees spent on listing an item in the auction house.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Event leaderboards are not a gold sink at all.

It seems that very few players understand the concept of a gold sink. A gold sink is when gold that is spent leaves the game for good. Buying an item from another player, such as an energy kit, does NOT qualify as your gold is just passed to the other player. Example of a gold sink is buying potions from the NPC is the guild hall, or fees spent on listing an item in the auction house.
    I know what is gold sink. trust me its not only few player understands the concept of gold sink.
    I used wrong word to describe what i meant. I said Indirectly thats why but yeah thats not gold sink even indirectly.
    What I meant was rich top players loses some from their huge gold account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I know what is gold sink. trust me its not only few player understands the concept of gold sink.
    I used wrong word to describe what i meant. I said Indirectly thats why but yeah thats not gold sink even indirectly.
    What I meant was rich top players loses some from their huge gold account.
    Yes, that's true, but the problem is that they are losing it only to players who are plat whales, which are usually other rich players. What is needed is a way for non-plat players with legendary gear to earn some money by farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I was thinking, what if this happen:
    Everything drops their price tag by alot. Everythings get cheaper.
    Earning gold would be tough but still people could afford what they can now.
    You have to sell your kershal super gem very cheap but you can buy what you need in cheap too!!!
    Idk would it be good? The value of gold would increase

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I was thinking, what if this happen:
    Everything drops their price tag by alot. Everythings get cheaper.
    Earning gold would be tough but still people could afford what they can now.
    You have to sell your kershal super gem very cheap but you can buy what you need in cheap too!!!
    Idk would it be good? The value of gold would increase
    Then the game would just become boring for many of the pro players. You do need to have super rare gear like an arcane ring to keep players like myself motivated to keep playing. If you can get all the best stuff pretty easy, then players will get bored fast. What you need is the addition of more "middle class" gear. Legendary gear needs to become more rare than it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Then the game would just become boring for many of the pro players. You do need to have super rare gear like an arcane ring to keep players like myself motivated to keep playing. If you can get all the best stuff pretty easy, then players will get bored fast. What you need is the addition of more "middle class" gear. Legendary gear needs to become more rare than it is.
    Hmm agreed... This is so hard situation to come up with a solution. So instead of popping 50k golds, Lockeds should drop a mythic middle class weapons (gun for mage, bow for rogue, sword or maul for fatties) which dont give the greatest stats. And new legendary weapons and sets which is farmable in next cap which stand in between outdated mythic sets and new Imbued sets!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I completely agree with what energezeric is saying. Legendary gear does need to become more rare. Look at the planar weapons for God's sake. Even the best pink (brut or assault) have been reduced to 200-300k. I think what STS needs to do is give us fixed goals with decent payoff. The best example of this planar tomb fragments. Yes, it is hard to harm the tombs and cost's ankhs, but we have a payoff of 2.5m on breeze egg or about 600k per tomb chest. Also, the dark crystal gear is definately the way to go with rarity of pink items. Before the tomb expansion came out, I was an exped bow rogue using slag. Now I have ghoulish + sam and on my way to better gear. Great job on the tombs.

The planar arena on the other is hand, is an even worse ankh drain and absolutely no profit unless you get incredibly lucky and loot recipe. We need some incentive to run arena other than recipe. A great incentive, like Serancha suggested, would be a gold chest, which gives us gold (10-50k range maybe?) or some sort of 100% drop which has some value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotYoCookiez View Post
    increase liquidation prices in general for all items

I get like only 6 gold per item.
    This!!

I completely agree with this idea

+1000000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

and who did suggest to remove the 50k gold before?
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I completely agree that the problem is more of a middle class issue and a lack of middle class gear with a moderately low drop rate. Rings and Pendents are in this class, either really cheap and not worth farming or they are so rare that only the 1% can afford them. I know few folks with 100m gold, but I know a lot with 10m gold and nothing to spend it on. 50k in crates will do nothing to fix this, most folks that open tons of crates are in the 1% so they are only helping themselves with the 50k drop. Those that don't open tons but do get 50k here and there, what difference does that make?

The blood ring is outdated and not worth what it used to. Arcane rings are just a dream for 99% of players. For the rest, we would love a ring somewhere in between. This would leave the Arcane ring as the far superior item but would close the gap between the two just a bit.

The other thing... Why is Sam still the best pet in game (Other than SnS which just isn't available)? Why couldn't Nekro be better or at least Sam's equal? It is about time Sam got some real competition at the top.

Both of these things would get folks popping open more crates which would also benefit STS.

I'll stick to my guns though, no new additions to the game until we get some substantial fixes to what is there.

Thrindal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

How about removing the junk legendary armor sets from them as well? The market for them is wayyyyyy oversaturated
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

My mythic items won't sell because people are too poor! Gimme 50k STS so I can trickle down on the serfs!

Really... NO... Really? I can't even... Where are my keys?!

But seriously, large gold rewards from elite bosses seems like a more direct route to helping out the people in the middle.
    Last edited by Blissfulgod; 12-26-2014 at 08:15 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blissfulgod For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dogoeswoof View Post
    Yes! There needs to be more gold in the economy as there is a lot of supply of stuff, but the demand is so low since there is less gold circulating and this makes prices plummet at a very fast rate. Locks are one of the main ways gold gets put into the economy. One of the main reasons why prices are plummeting is because of energy kits and how they take gold out of the economy. Plat converts to energy kits. Energy kits get put into auc. Someone buys from auc. Someone uses energy kits and essentially using the gold and taking out it out of AL. The problem is with energy kits and how they remove the gold bc of their one time use only. I was thining the same thing Zeus or some other method of putting gold back into thr economy to stop the loss of it all.
    Thats would mean most chest are destroying the economy(Elite dragonscale Elite Warchest and Elite Pirate chests included and PET EGGS) because of the high amount of crap they give that then go on to be liquidated. Considering this has always been a part of AL I seriously doubt this is the problem
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Spacetime isn't going to listen but yes I wasted over 5m gold this way and not willing for more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

50k Gold reward needs to return to elite chests. Not crates

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

PLEASE READ: Adding 50k Gold Rewards to ANY Chest will make the price of that chest RISE to compensate the new 50K Gold Reward,which is why doing so will not help alot.You need to find a way to give more gold to people during an inflation, not increasing the potential of items, because then those items will cost more to compensate.

Thats all i had to say otherwise i cannot think of any other feedback other then...50K Rewards on boss drops?
    1) I don't see any problem to that
    2) People will receive more gold without spending more ( exept for planar tombs, ankhs will rise in price maybe?)
    3) Elite maps and farming will be more rewarding and i know ALOT of people want that OMG Wonderful DDDDDD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I can't spend all my gold, lol.
    Sweetie, I'm here for you <3.