Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Graphics gone when game minimized!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Graphics gone when game minimized!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S i9000. Whenever my game minimizes the graphics stop working when I come back to the game. I see all the icons and everything but the main character and scenery is all white. I tried reinstalling still the same. Any help? as when I get a call even if i disconnect soon my game will anyways be gone!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

You probably have to kill the process and restart the app. PL requires a constant network connection, so you can't mutitask like answer a phone call and go right back to where you were. The graphics thing is weird, and maybe a bug since you should see a connection lost screen or just the login screen when you go back, but I thought I'd mention the mutitasking issue.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The multi tasking i understand. I was just giving an example. My issue is with the white screen. If my game minimizes even by mistake the screen is white even if I switch back to it immediately. This is an issue for me cause while typing, next to my enter button i have this customization button so I click that button many times by mistake and am taken to another screen. I switch that off and come back to the game. My graphics are gone and all is white. Solutions anyone? Its kinda frustrating really :-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It may also be because it might not run as well on your system, considering it was implemented originally for iphone/ipad then later for andriod (i think...)
    So, it might be different operating system which won't allow multitasking or harbors internet connectivity to one certain app your on which might explain why
    it closes.
    Hope this helps ^
    -Spencer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for the replies but I think I better explain the situation.

Different OS -> Used to work very well initially just after the recent updates have I been having this problem.
    Hardware not capable -> I know Galaxy S is a bit old but it does still packs a punch.

The case is that my actual playing game is white like the map and characters. While my skills buttons and everything work( I can see the icons click them and all). I can even check peoples profiles( which work normally) and can chat. Just those particular graphics do not work(So it has nothing to do with my connection). I have been playing on extremely low graphics cause my connection isnt great. Is it some kinda game bug or have I screwed up my phone so much by playing and misusing it that the graphics department just gave up. Any Android users experiencing the same? Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

IMO, this has to do with the opengl driver.Try updating to the latest official version, or, if you have an unlocked bootloader, you can flash a custom rom and see if there's any difference.
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Having same issues on my Samsung Captivate with 2.2 update. I can still move around and fight, just not able to see true image, just map and icons. Maybe it's a Samsung issue too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My phone does this sometimes too. Im using Samsung mesmerize

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sometimes can i multitask but only like 10-15 secs xD
    Hello peeps

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,896 Posts

Unfortunately we've been unable to reproduce this problem on any of the devices we have here (which includes most of the device models we've seen it reported on). If it does happen you can force-close the app and it should be fine after that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sometimes I have the same problem with my samsung vibrant 2.2 froyo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I am on all low settings. Dunno it used to work fine earlier. Thanks for the replies. I thought it just affected my phone! It happens to me everytime I am forced to change screen from the game. after dat connection everything is fine. Just the main screen is white and I can still see my skill icons and everything tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had the same problem. If I unchecked double pixels options the graphics came back on. Hope this helps.

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,896 Posts

Thanks, you're the first one to note that it was happening for pixel double mode, and we'd never been able to reproduce it here. We'll get it fixed for the next android client update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

On my Samsung Galaxy Tab I have the same effect without pixel double; but it occurs randomically (I guess: 10% of times) and involves a few (random) items: skill icons, virtual joystick, chat buttons. Screen visual is restored doing task switch out and in again.