Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How Physiologic Plays PL: A video example on how to be an archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Today was pink day...you came too late. We had like 4 pink drops total in ~20-25 runs
    Ahh, its fine

Should be able to play more now, but then again you guys aren't or won't be on for long anymore. Timezones..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

And yes Panda, being a bird is very fun indeed It's exciting to charge in the front bashing pots and skills and generally ripping apart mobs while you're thinking "I wonder if I'm going to die"...
    That's exactly how I felt! You guys definitely taught me that I can be so much more aggressive with my bird. Pot spamming is fun, but living on that edge of "I think I'm going to definitely die now" has its high! Thanks Physiologic, Moogerfooger, Mitsuisun, and Fnordic (Royce) for those epic runs! BTW, congrats on 56, Royce!
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    And to cap it off, a pink for Mooger :P
    I paid for that with my Leroy Jenkins moment early in the Catacombs run, haha.

+1 death, +1 Royal Sewer Helm. I will take that any day.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

@Frenzyn: I use a very bad camera...It's a 10mp Kodak I bought for like $70 or something I suppose light exposure and the macro setting has something to do with quality I got.

@WhoIsThis: Yeah, that's what I try to do as well, but unfortunately I don't many times (when I replay my videos, I think WTF to myself). But as long as you ATTEMPT to AoE mobs instead of mindless skill mashing, the outcome will still be favorable.

I uploaded 2 more vids of runs with select elite friends that I trust to do well (one is in Hideout, one is in Catacombs).
    Not to mention your pixel density is much higher on your device, so the screen flaws don't show up as well.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

@WhoIsThis: Yeah, that's what I try to do as well, but unfortunately I don't many times (when I replay my videos, I think WTF to myself). But as long as you ATTEMPT to AoE mobs instead of mindless skill mashing, the outcome will still be favorable.
    Another thing I should point out - when I am already in position, I use skills as soon as the combos allow me to. Ideally, you will already be in position when you fire your first volley and will remain in position after that. The hard part is holding position long enough because you aren't as durable as a bear.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Yeah that's the worst part of being squishy, if I feel I'm surrounded by mobs and my party isn't close enough to assist, I run back just a bit so I'm "within" the party mass. Gotta have the other players take a few hits for me too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

For mage, it depends. First, heal is actually worth something. So is drain life. If you have mana shield, that buys you some time. The question is, can you last long enough to cast a series of spells? Against the bandit boys, in most cases, the answer is yes. Against those green mutant things in the catacombs, a sustained bombardment will kill very rapidly, so fire one volley and fall back.

If your health bar is going down very rapidly, that's the only time I gobble pots. The majority of deaths these days I find come from vent accidents, one hit KOs (try fighting the king and queen together - watch what the queen does: lightning), or situations where your hp bar goes down so fast that you can't hit the health pot button.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

@Phys:
    A great idea would be to make a vid of each BS stage, with a full team of archers, a mage and a bear.
    That would give ppl an idea regarding the tactics both for the stage and the char they are playing with.
    Assemble your team and off you go to recording on that pepsi can ;]

Back to topic:
    1 very important skill to develop is aggro+pull with a bird.
    Try to cover as much an area as possible with shatter scream in order to grab a massive combo. While moving, of course.
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adwin View Post
    @Phys:
    A great idea would be to make a vid of each BS stage, with a full team of archers, a mage and a bear.
    That would give ppl an idea regarding the tactics both for the stage and the char they are playing with.
    Assemble your team and off you go to recording on that pepsi can ;]
    ooh, good idea. I'd like to have a little visual reference on how I'm supposed to run with a bunch of archers. Also, getting tired of getting lip from them. :\ I can just say "hey, sucka bird, I'm playing like so-and-so on Physiologic's teams. You're dying because YOU suck, not me. Now stop chatting about drops/running way ahead/etc etc. and stay around my mage/behind my bear."
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

@tengo:
    I discussed the matter with another player today. And I quote (myself) - "I sometimes lol at my own majestic noobness".
    It's really hard to switch styles to adjust to new players after you've been doing runs with another team for hours.
    Furthermore, it's hard to concentrate on a harder map when you're tired (I concentrate most of the time on grinding to lv56).
    And yes, when I join in that state, I die. Miserably. ;]
    Do I care? If it's with good players I usually run with, then yes. Kindda.
    If it's with 1-run-stand players? Then hell no.

Remember. You're playing for the fun of it. Nothing more, nothing less (unless, tengo, you have a separate plan?)
    ;]

Back to the topic:
    It's not how you're supposed to run with a bunch of archers, but more like tips and hints, how to play with a different player setup, on each map which is specific in nature.
    It's how you take advantage of other players, and your surroundings in order to make the most damage. It IS called PvEnvironment for a reason, isn't it?
    ;]
    Last edited by adwin; 03-13-2011 at 06:22 PM.
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what happened to videos of our cyber / mystery / Ao2-3 gear runs
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I predict the videos have Mitsuisun dying more than anyone else. I bet one million Jolly Ranchers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like how in hideout #2 run, it says no elixers used when fnordic is using one.

I would also like to know, why do you excessively press the attack button when its on auto?
    whats the difference? it isn't going to go any faster....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzyn View Post
    I like how in hideout #2 run, it says no elixers used when fnordic is using one.

I would also like to know, why do you excessively press the attack button when its on auto?
    whats the difference? it isn't going to go any faster....
    1. Fnordic was using an xp elixir not a pot, as in a damage/tank/speed pot. Minor typo on Phys' part. XP Elixirs do not affect speed/gameplay at all.

2. He is not excessively pressing the attack button, he is trying to lock on to the next target or untarget a trap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

At the rate runs go for us, enemies die so fast that I repeatedly tap auto-attack because once an enemy dies, auto-attack stops. I don't spam-tap auto-attack all the time, only in situations when I know that enemies will die fast. That way I ensure there is no human lag time in-between attacking one enemy with another It may seem like an annoyance to do but I believe it does help out the party overall, at the expense of sweaty, tired fingers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Physio, hope to see some more of your videos.

BTW, it was nice running with you the other night. Look forward to some more runs.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very nice recording and ign play/

but some things i didnt like:
    - your skill tree is a bit weird, not quick access to aoe combos and skills( maybe just the way i like to playu, pvp)
    - your spam alot of the time, better to wait for things like scream blast or wall and blast for good aoe combos
    - lastly bears are a great impact on most of my games they do massive pulls like ellyidol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Haha I know the skill map looks messy, but the layout is on purpose:

I describe how it's used in section V in my archer guide.

Also, it's better to spam when enemies are around but I do try to Cruel Blast and place Thorn Wall right before a huge mob. Of course it's not perfect placement all the time since I try to attack as fast as possible, but I'm sure mages that have run with me see Nature Strike quite often.