Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Updates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Question Updates

Hello,

This is pretty much a message to all citizens of Blackstar. There will be no, yep, no no and no more new content for the game called Star Legends. Yep, you're stuck with the same content for the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Supah,

All of the Legends Games, including Star Legends, are very much on our mind. Right now my team (that support the Legends games) is slammed getting the Arcane Legends expansion out. I know, I know, it gets tiresome of hearing about Arcane Legends, but it is our biggest game by a pretty serious order of magnitude. We're working hard to service as many Spacetime Fans as possible, and that is why it is like that. As for making Star Legends back on top, I don't know about that. We spent a LOT of time and effort getting Star launched and trying to grow it back in 2012 (along with Pocket and Dark). Sci Fi has always been more of a niche. Certainly debatable, but if you look at general MMO gaming trends, you might come to that conclusion as well.

Anyway, I want to shoot straight with you because you deserve nothing less as one of our fans and customers. Star is our smallest game, so don't expect anything too crazy. I am hopeful to be able to make headway on more initiatives for all Legends games over the summer (and not just Arcane), but I can't make any promises. The future is never certain.

Thanks for taking the time to post and to play Star Legends.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    There is a max of 100 active players everyday in SL.

There are over probably over 5000 players active daily in AL, and 1500 online right now.

See the difference?

Since you guys like to talk money, I want to make somethings clear:They are not scammers, they are working! They have a salary! Money doesn't come from the game, the game doesn't give money. You pay platinums, they get a salary. You do offers, the other companies give them money for the given platinums. The only thing they get from you guys, is your participation to their game, which makes the game more popular.It costs money to keep a game online, yes websites are not free!

So I have 2 solutions for you:

- Keep playing SL and don't complain because ''no updates''

- Play another game and enjoy new content everyday

Much love,
    Wise Ol' Man

PS: Sorry if it looks a bit rude, or offensive. Players just have to understand.
    Last edited by Dragoonclaws; 02-15-2015 at 10:47 AM. Reason: added some colors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

I see what you mean and I guess the talk about updates is annoying knowing the fact that it will never happen. However, this thread makes us seem like the bad guys. I agree with you on most of this, but we need to remember that STS had so many opportunities to make this game thrive that they chose not to. And now it won't make any money due to the mistakes THEY made. Real talk lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

👎👎👎

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jblazer View Post
    However, this thread makes us seem like the bad guys. I agree with you on most of this, but we need to remember that STS had so many opportunities to make this game thrive that they chose not to.
    That is a very interesting take on things. Do you really think we chose to inhibit a game's success?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That is a very interesting take on things. Do you really think we chose to inhibit a game's success?
    We don't see numbers, no stats, no issues that are plaguing you guys..on our end g-man, we just see posts and weekly posts and when and if a dev posts on the threads. We only see whats posted on forums...and thats just pretty much it. Thats how these comments are made. With comments from devs like above, and many of us just browsing forums...I can see why it is easy to post the blame on you guys. We don't do the marketing for you guys and we don't control the in-game mechanics....But I do see some reasoning behind it (because I did take business classes..when most of the players here are not business majors..since many sts games are directed to teens) when there is hope for older games and a newer one is being developed...i'm sure you can feel how the players feel...it is your company

I just hope that you guys thrive and succeed in the new games you guys produce...many here are just saddened because of the actions you guys took, which I understand. Just many of the older players here are starting to see a pattern. when were playing a game for a while..and a new one is being developed many are afraid and angry that development will stop. It has happened to PL in development for SL..then SL when DL was being developed..and now AL...with the CoC game. I hope that with this new game will break that cycle. (battle games don't count..there fun in there own right)

Last edited by octavos; 03-11-2015 at 02:14 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Well, giving SL no updates will make players mad and leave. SL could've gotten much popular and it's pretty much a F2P game. You can buy plat but don't have to. On the other hand, AL is a P2W in my opinion. So I'm guessing giving AL more updates will make most of your income. One thing I never understand is; why keep the other legend games running if you guys mainly focus on AL? Keeping all those games running cost $$$.

Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trancemaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I'm suing you for using my thread as a reference without my consent, cya in court