Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Change to Skills: Global Cool-Down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

test delete post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Sorry for the double post... Why can't I delete one of them? Has that option been removed?
    well triple since you made this one...

don't think you can delete posts made on threads started by devs. Dunno why.
    Last edited by Echelong; 03-17-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    test delete post
    Confirm no delete post option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This thread is so long and off topic. Perhaps we should wait until it is released and then offer constructive criticism?
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noneo View Post
    This thread is so long and off topic. Perhaps we should wait until it is released and then offer constructive criticism?
    Or perhaps when Cinco updates, instead of updating this one, he could start a new thread and lock this. That way the information stays fresh and there is less speculating on stuff already stated.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Like I said, mages will have to choose between healing, reving and completing a combo (not to mention buffs/debuffs). Right now, they can do all of them without having to sacrifice one over the other. Having to wait half a second between each casting is not quite the same as being able to fire off lightning, heal, and rev in a row, and so on...
    Although I've been in this scenario before, I'd take that you would be playing with level 30's in the sewers for this to happen each time? I make sure I raid/farm with people who deserve my presence.

I don't understand why there's so much pressure on everyone when there's no de-leveling penalty in PvE and you can choose the people you raid with. There's still more instances to go around.

Like what others mentioned, it will take more than multi skill tapping techniques when a GCD is implemented. PvE will be interesting and I hope others would discourage leeching at the same time. I always try to make sure I'm not the only one who knows how to play the game when I farm or level.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I stopped even posting in this one, because it got soo off topic and confuzzling.

Maybe we should take this to a new player made thread with all data stated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pharcyde: Agree!
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you ever pvped while lagging? A few miliseconds between skills is what happens - thats totally cool. If thats the case, all for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This has been up for close to two weeks now and sorry but I didnt read every page (29 pages is a little obnoxious) Anyways this needs to happen. I have noticed the button spamming happens often. All a group of mages need to do is wait for their cooldowns to be up and blast 2-3 groups of mobs and repeat. Its kinda sad that you can run the new dungeons in less than 5 minutes. Granted the gear is better but even from release they have been super weak and stupid because of the fire traps.

Also... a cooldown pot timer needs to be added. To think that i can set my mage up for 43% crit and 17m/s and survive and never go OOM is a little sad. So I have a full fury set (which is kinda pointless) and then a full rooter set for bosses. Im never OOM, and if something happens I can use 5-10 pots by just spamming. I was under the impression that pots should be support not the primary tool. It really is sad that the game is geared towards gimping the players when you cant really tell the great players from the ones who read a guide online.

It will lead to more and more people quitting until we are left with the idiots who do not know how to really play. I can already tell by the lack of bears in BS that it is starting. Also the fact that when you are in a roach group and the noobs kill the barrels when they respawn... It is all pointing towards the end.

please MAKE THIS GAME CHALLENGING!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Confession: I only read the first few pages before I couldn't take reading it anymore, LOLz...

Yes; a majority of mmo's have some sort of "GCD"; many (post triggered skill cool downs) are built into the individual skill being cast (better imho, than a generic gcd, but more complicated)... Assuming the GCD is just long enough, and only long enough, to stop multi-skill spamming; I'm 100% behind it, regardless of the purposed reasons... people; you seem to be missing that this GCD will have very very little effect; 99.44% of the time, for "skilled players" as opposed to the "played skillers" (button mashers)...
    As an enchantress as my primarily played character, I do not anticipate any problems. If I don't time my skills right, and just spam, of be doing less damage and more putting; period. I time attacks to maximize my combo opportunities via my skills alone and with my party member's skill casts... The only "spamming" that will be legitimately effected will be our buffs and debuffs. Not being able to BOOM with all buffs or debuffs will kinda suck (like a Hoover). But, I can handle it. Again; it's only 0.25~0.50 seconds, LOLz...

Furthermore; I'm sick and tired of accidently using 2~3 pots at once, on accident, because of a spot of lag or because my finger hovered too close, lol. If there was just like a one second CD for pots, it would make the game more challenging, fun, and less fustrating (for me).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

After some more thought put into this, I am in support of this idea. It should allow for people to actually use some more strategy into their choice of order their skills will be used.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

so...when is this cooldown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Plasticuproject

This worries me. My 3g connection is usually poor on my Android and I suffer from chronic lag, so my skill timing is sometimes a bit off. Will my cool-down lag as well? With a. 5 sec cool-down I'm afraid it will take me 3 seconds to cast a spell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good idea the game is already amazing and I didn't know there was any way to make it better but this takes the cake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am ready for this to be added NOW. I think a ( tiny) cooldown will make for better more involved gameplay. using combo actually made me (learn) my own cooldown anyways. we should have a. SUPER COMBO queue ability button so we could hit the combo queue button then the abilities in question (in order) . the buttons would grey out until cooldown and ability is released. that would be coooooool for solo or boss runs. the longer the SUPER COMBO is the longer tike until combo is activated. it would be great because if you don't (learn) how to set the combo up u could waste a 3 ability combo on already dead animal's. hehe I want want want it. give me credit for SUPER COMBOS! lol

p.s. I really do love the game. alot

HOOLASKULL
    Last edited by hoola; 03-27-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why not apply this to pvp only and leave pve as it is right now? This could make runs a lot longer than they are now and therefore less enjoyable. I just had a flashback when Blizzard put a global cooldown on Shaman shock spells. It wasn't fun.
    Last edited by Justg; 03-28-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Shammy shocks used to be insane lol, although in PvP ridiculously OP.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SundayForever View Post
    Why not apply this to pvp only and leave pve as it is right now? This could make runs a lot longer than they are now and therefore less enjoyable. I just had a flashback when Blizzard put a global cooldown on Shaman shock spells. It wasn't fun.

haha I agree I hated that moment, it made fire shock useless. But someone posted and made me remember that blizz has a short GCD for all classes that prevented them from using two spells at the same time, not to mention that there was the casting time for a lot of spells that prevented you form moving. In PL all skills are instant and can't be interrupted so I think the GCD will do more good than harm in the long way.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I can't wait to try this and see how things change

Off-topic :

Quote Originally Posted by SundayForever View Post
    But isn't that illegal? Advertising those sites.
    Last edited by Justg; 03-28-2011 at 08:04 AM.