Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Drop rates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Glad you got some pinks Adapts...
    No it wasn't me, it was someone named Hunzzz, i just witnessed it lol, some wierdness for sure.
    Like you, im just glad to be able to run with pros and not pugs and just having fun, pinks will come in time.
    But i will say when you do a few runs just seeing a pink flash across your screen, makes the heart skip a beat and well worth the wait.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have farmed at least an hour or two a day in bs for over a month without a single pink drop for me, so don't get all sad for only 3 pinks in 6 days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Adapts View Post
    No it wasn't me, it was someone named Hunzzz, i just witnessed it lol, some wierdness for sure.
    Like you, im just glad to be able to run with pros and not pugs and just having fun, pinks will come in time.
    But i will say when you do a few runs just seeing a pink flash across your screen, makes the heart skip a beat and well worth the wait.
    Got to tell you that I am afraid to run on pugs after getting spoiled by all the great players I have played lately. I gotta say that all the best players I have played come from the forums so there might be a connection. If I don't find anyone to run with I will just do plasma runs till I find a good group.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmandial View Post
    I have farmed at least an hour or two a day in bs for over a month without a single pink drop for me, so don't get all sad for only 3 pinks in 6 days.
    You misunderstood me. I am not sad for not getting more pinks I love the runs and farming with the group. I am more of a PVE player in this game than I was in WoW although I did a heck of a lot of raids. I am just trying to get the numbers and Royce did answer me and with some numbers I used his about right.
    Last edited by Echelong; 03-10-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just saw another pick drop on Gold Fever. That makes three today on less than 20 runs (four pinks if you count the one I got last night on the next to last run). Hope the quick update doesn't nerf his drop rates. I am feeling lucky today.

Probably won't see another pink for days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    haha yeah some funny deaths sometimes... Only deaths I don't find funny is when I am the only mage and we are about to confront the boss ><
    Yep. It stinks when that happens. I've had whole parties call me a bad mage and leave. Even after I have had to revive them all.

Back on topic. I don't put the effort into BS like some of you, but I have yet to see a pink drop in there.
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I havent got a BS pink yet ... But ive seen 7 times party members getting recipes, helms and plates But okay its a game...
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well, I am feeling lucky today. Maybe the Mega Mage armor drop I got last night was a good sign. Add two more recipes and two more pinks I have seen Gold Fever drop today. I was lucky enough to get a Fury Armor. So that brings today's totals for parties I have run to 5 pinks and 2 recipes in 28 Hideout runs. Not too bad for farming and xp grinding.

I see more pink drops from Gold Fever than any other boss in the sewers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    I like to die, and call it out during runs to increase my chances. That's how I been collecting pinks ^_^
    At the rate you eat it on runs I am with you on, you should be able to open your own Pink Warehouse by now theoretically

You do die more creatively than anyone I know. And your suicide bombing of Elar that one run was classic!!!!

Ech...I feel you. I have been playing PUGs with my bear while crawling to 55, and it just flat sucks. Once in a while though I come across some cool new people, or someone from the forums I had never played with, like Nightarcher, Doubletime, Corvus (aka Neko) here on the forum that I all found in random PUGs at one time or another.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes Moog almost player I know from the forums is really good. That is one of the many things that keep me wanting to get better and better everyday.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    At the rate you eat it on runs I am with you on, you should be able to open your own Pink Warehouse by now theoretically

You do die more creatively than anyone I know. And your suicide bombing of Elar that one run was classic!!!!
    I hate catacombs with a vengence

Well, the problem is I need other birds to die with me, usually I prefer 3 birds death in 1 run to get things going, but also it depends on what the previous #of color drops. IE: it takes some time to build up from all yellow to few greens, and mixtures of greens / purple. Need to slowly upgrade the color from full yellow to get a pink... and of course need to "feel" / "smell" it with fire birds death, and call it at the right time.

That, and since 56, I've added 400+ deaths because while 53-56 we were all exp potting / avoid death and play with such intensity/focus; now I like to play loosely unless we time runs, especially when with all 56 and good mages like Echelong/Attackelf and many others. I just feel bad for they have to press extra button to res me

Or, if most members are 55, I try not to die as much to save some face because i always get laughed at / down time etc. But then again, I am always spoiled by good mages around me.

When level cap raise again, I will be normal/mature, but my 100% effort is still only like 30% of what you and Phy at heh.

I hope see Elar online again so we can have some more sabotage fun and fire pit competition...
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I saw Elar on the other night...he is missing out on Pink Fever.

I remember once on Swill Pitz in the beginning where you have to run past 4 or 5 fire grates in a row, I had just cleared past the last one and you blew up behind me and your crispy body launched at about 100mph right past me against a wall. Awesome.

Hmm, there was a patch this afternoon...wonder it was for...can't see the Patch Notes sub-forum from work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mitsu don't feel bad because we have to tap an extra skill feel bad when you get blown across the whole area lol.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I haven't farmed that much BS (maybe total 25 hours to today. too many other things going on).

My impression is pink drop rates were initially good. I got my 1st one pretty quick (L55 mage cowl) and saw several pinks and recipes drop, to where I almost thought pinks were going to be common. Even saw double pink once (I think it was just once). Got one recipe and I think an L53 str armor (some lower level pink anyways).

Then when they did the miniboss nerf (no more recipes from them), during that period I saw only 1 pink drop, a recipe I believe. It was very cold otherwise.

Then they did something again (the new sewer stuff?) and pinks seemed to be dropping again. I started seeing double pinks again. Pink drop rates seem pretty good in BS right now. If it only takes 1 day to 1 week of farming to drop what you want, I'd call that easy.

And no, I don't run hideout that much. It's probably my last choice for playing. The other levels are just way more fun. I'm a Catacombs/Swill/Roach chick. There's something about stomping on that Roach! Ewww! Cockroach Power!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

do some bosses drop rates a little more frequently then others? i see major drops in the swillz everyday but barely any in lets say gold fever or especially king and queen? or maybe ive just been playing the swillz to much... lol.... has PL ever announced the drop rates or nah?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok well I am starting to feel a little bit sad . I am pretty addicted to this game having managed to peel myself away from WoW I seem to have transferred my addiction. As a result I run BS for about 5 hours minimum a day either on my 55 (and a half) Mage or 54 bird. I run hideout and stronghold the most but get bored easy so like to rotate all BS instances.

Today I got my very first pink. A mega Mage shield. Very nice too and I am thrilled. Up until today I have had almost exclusively oranges. I have had two greens and one purple. This is across both toons. So great was my desire for a drop that I have spent a small fortune on luck pots. I have renamed these costa lotta for notta lotta pots .

Am I right to feel unlucky? Reading your posts I think yes. Who knows, maybe my luck is about to change. I shall remain positive. Maybe I should do what I seem to see a lot, look for groups who are near the boss but are not full, and join just for the boss but somehow that seems like cheating. Not casting aspertions on others, just not my way of playing.

Hopefully I will be updating my post in a couple of days reporting a turn in luck, and listing the masses of awesome drops I have received. One can but hope 

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Well, if you just looted a MM Bracer, it is one of the rarest and more expensive drops in the entire game right now they go for 800K+ in the CS as of now. Congrats!!

I have had huge long stretches of no-pink luck. On the run from 55 to 56, a loooong way, I got only two crummy pink recipes (not good ones) in ~300 Hideout runs. I switched to 51 bear, and on my very first two Sewer runs I got pinks. It is totally random, as far as anyone knows. Some days luck is good, others notsomuch

Good luck hunting!

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caire-boo View Post
    Today I got my very first pink. A mega Mage shield.
    Your mega mage shield is worth more than my last 6-7 pink drops from Sewers combined. Congrats!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Im level 54 and never recieved a pink. Ive only seen one pink drop in BS ever.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

pro tip-host your games for higher drop rate
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought the pink drops were a plenty when I got some within afew days but have not received any or seen much for the past 6 days. So I don't think pink drops are more after the patch.

But I guess that's what make us addicted to PL everyday! The hope for a pink drop... If drop were so easy, there isint much to look forward to isint it?