Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Drop rates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Pink Drop rates

Does anyone (maybe Physio) have any clue on pink drop rates? I am asking this mostly because I have spent a great amount of time farming BS and have only gotten 3 pinks in 6 days of farming and about 18 hours of farming. Which on plasma would have given me about 1mill.

I have heard from various players receiving 3 pinks in 4 hours of farming and 1 pink about every 25 runs. The players that have farmed with me know that our runs are fast with an average time of 4 min or less on catacombs, hideout and roach, maybe a bit longer on Stronghold and less on goblin king.

Who knows maybe its because of the time I am farming which on average is after 9pm eastern time and there are a lot of players or just plain bad luck. For example I spent two hours farming last night and the group didn't get a single pink and this was non-stop farming.

What about you guys how many pinks do you receive per hour on average of farming on BS? Mine I would have to say its 16.67% of what I have received but drop rate seem higher.

Edit: Don't misunderstand I am not complaining about drop rates just making an observation and asking about the percentage that Royce cleared (1%) Sorry if its misleading but English is not my first language but as always I do try to get better.
    Last edited by Echelong; 03-10-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I think the BS boss drop rate for pinks seems to he about 1% or so, with some bosses like GF seeming to drop pinks s little more often than others like the king and queen. It would take an enormous volume of data to get an accurate number when it is as low as that, but around 1% is my guess.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Tbh I have seen 2 pinks drop while leveling 2 characters from 50-55. Either it's bad luck or horrible drop rates that's up to you to decide i just like to see greens drop from trash mobs so i can afford or atleast break even on the pots.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I think the BS boss drop rate for pinks seems to he about 1% or so, with some bosses like GF seeming to drop pinks s little more often than others like the king and queen. It would take an enormous volume of data to get an accurate number when it is as low as that, but around 1% is my guess.
    Seems about right if the average run is 4 min that means 15 runs per hour and on 18 hours that would do 270 runs and getting 3 pinks on 270 would net a 1.11% drop rate. hope calculations are right or Physio would cruel blast me.

Like always Royce you seem to be right hehe. You need to make a vid like Physio so I can keep on learning about enchantresses. You had a very good run on that vid and I always try to get better with every run.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Does anyone (maybe Physio) have any clue on pink drop rates? I am asking this mostly because I have spent a great amount of time farming BS and have only gotten 3 pinks in 6 days of farming and about 18 hours of farming. Which on plasma would have given me about 1mill.

I have heard from various players receiving 3 pinks in 4 hours of farming and 1 pink about every 25 runs. The players that have farmed with me know that our runs are fast with an average time of 4 min or less on catacombs, hideout and roach, maybe a bit longer on Stronghold and less on goblin king.

Who knows maybe its because of the time I am farming which on average is after 9pm eastern time and there are a lot of players or just plain bad luck. For example I spent two hours farming last night and the group didn't get a single pink and this was non-stop farming.

What about you guys how many pinks do you receive per hour on average of farming on BS? Mine I would have to say its 16.67% of what I have received but drop rate seem higher.
    OMG! u got 3 pinks in a week?? i get in average 1 pink every 25h-30h of playing. Badtee told me he got no pinks since 12 days and hes playing all the time... so ur VERY LUCKY!

ya the personal drop rate is about 1%. every 100 games 1 pink is ~true. 2% means 1 pink in 50 games, thats defintely no the case of most ppl.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    OMG! u got 3 pinks in a week?? i get in average 1 pink every 25h-30h of playing. Badtee told me he got no pinks since 12 days and hes playing all the time... so ur VERY LUCKY!

ya the personal drop rate is about 1%. every 100 games 1 pink is ~true. 2% means 1 pink in 50 games, thats defintely no the case of most ppl.
    yeah I was playing with Tee too. To bad there aren't any mods to record drop rates like WoW had but maybe thats a good thing.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Echelong I am seeing on average one or two pink drops a day. I got a Mega Mage Robe last night (first in three days) on a run with Physio, Apollo, Ellyidol, and Yanis. Recipe drops are a little more rare than that it seems, with one dropping every two days or so. I have been steady running about 25-30 runs in Hideout and Catacombs a day.

I actually thought the drops may have increased a little since the last patch, but I could just be with some parties that are getting lucky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Doubletime View Post
    Echelong I am seeing on average one or two pink drops a day. I got a Mega Mage Robe last night (first in three days) on a run with Physio, Apollo, Ellyidol, and Yanis. Recipe drops are a little more rare than that it seems, with one dropping every two days or so. I have been steady running about 25-30 runs in Hideout and Catacombs a day.

I actually thought the drops may have increased a little since the last patch, but I could just be with some parties that are getting lucky.
    Maybe its the hours I play; with more players farming means less chance to get one and if only a couple are farming would mean a better chance to get the pinks. I just want to farm and have the team get pinks (not just me) I like for everyone to be glad they farmed that day with the group. I am not a greedy person and farming with you guys is 100 times more fun than farming solo in plasma. It also takes my mind of a few things which is very helpful.
    Last edited by Echelong; 03-10-2011 at 08:56 AM.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My guess is that there will be Pink items added to the loot table in future ... whether or not this will effect the drop rate I do not know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by PLaCiD View Post
    My guess is that there will be Pink items added to the loot table in future ... whether or not this will effect the drop rate I do not know.
    Don't think so you will get more variety but not a higher percentage. Maybe Royce will correct me >.>
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Maybe its the hours I play; with more players farming means less chance to get one and if only a couple are farming would mean a better chance to get the pinks. I just want to farm and have the team get pinks (not just me) I like for everyone to be glad they farmed that day with the group. I am not a greedy person and farming with you guys is 100 times more fun than farming solo in plasma. It also takes my mind of a few things which is very helpful.
    Huh? How would the number of people farming effect the drop rate? That's not how it works. If one person gets a pink, that doesn't diminish your chances.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Huh? How would the number of people farming effect the drop rate? That's not how it works. If one person gets a pink, that doesn't diminish your chances.
    Yes good point. From what I think (or thought when I wrote that) is that if there is more people farming there is more of a chance others might get it but now that I think about it I was wrong. Maybe the more people makes my luck worse who knows hehe.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am wondering how to drop rate work. Does 1% based off 100 kills or just all randomness and luckiness? if GF is killed 100 times, does that mean one pink will drop?

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IamBored View Post
    I am wondering how to drop rate work. Does 1% based off 100 kills or just all randomness and luckiness? if GF is killed 100 times, does that mean one pink will drop?
    A boss has a loot table and each item is assigned a value, in which case I believe royce when he says its about 0.01 for pinks (and number differs between pink items too - for example a raid Roach cap drops more often than a sewer king scarab from gold fever). But lately I've had days in which 20 to 30 runs yielded 6 pinks for the group. I even had a day in which 10 runs yielded 3 pinks. Gold fever and goblin king seem to have some pinks that drop at slightly higher rates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    A boss has a loot table and each item is assigned a value, in which case I believe royce when he says its about 0.01 for pinks (and number differs between pink items too - for example a raid Roach cap drops more often than a sewer king scarab from gold fever). But lately I've had days in which 20 to 30 runs yielded 6 pinks for the group. I even had a day in which 10 runs yielded 3 pinks. Gold fever and goblin king seem to have some pinks that drop at slightly higher rates.

Yeah, I am seeing more pink drops from Gold Fever it seems than others. But maybe I am just there more. Ten Hideout runs this morning, Sewer King Scarab and Raid Roach Cap dropped. None for me, though. It almost seems that the loot table for gold fever has more pinks as possibilities. But that is just a guess. I'll leave that to the experts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should have seen last night on Phys's runs, the stars were aligned and the moon was in lunar eclipse or something because hunzzz got the same recipe drop (gem blast staff) in back to back games. Whats the chance of that??? I thought it was deja vu, like seriously in the matrix or soemthing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Glad you got some pinks Adapts...
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am with you Echelong, and I am always looking to improve my game, potting speed and enjoy the runs with you! Pink is just a bonus at this point for me, it will certainly come in a matter of time, just gotta have faith and persistence.

I like to die, and call it out during runs to increase my chances. That's how I been collecting pinks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Adapts View Post
    You should have seen last night on Phys's runs, the stars were aligned and the moon was in lunar eclipse or something because hunzzz got the same recipe drop (gem blast staff) in back to back games. Whats the chance of that??? I thought it was deja vu, like seriously in the matrix or soemthing
    It was because we birds died for him and I said I smell a pink~
    Last edited by MITSUISUN; 03-10-2011 at 12:08 PM.
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Whenever I'm about to answer a thread, I always look to see if Royce has posted on it first. Saves me a lot of time if so.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    I am with you Echelong, and I am always looking to improve my game, potting speed and enjoy the runs with you! Pink is just a bonus at this point for me, it will certainly come in a matter of time, just gotta have faith and persistence.

I like to die, and call it out during runs to increase my chances. That's how I been collecting pinks ^_^
    haha yeah some funny deaths sometimes... Only deaths I don't find funny is when I am the only mage and we are about to confront the boss ><
    Sig by KLEMEN