Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hugthulu Loot Re-roll? Better Vanity Odds with Other Toons? + Tip & Lore for boss!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Smile Hugthulu Loot Re-roll? Better Vanity Odds with Other Toons? + Tip & Lore for boss!

So I've noticed that equipped with a luck elixir or lepre pendant, I seem to get far less lovecraft chests that with no re-roll. However, I do then re-roll the gold piles that drop into hauntlet coins, story tokens, dragkin teeth, etc.

Is it my imagination or does wearing lepre or having a luck elixir make Hugthulu drop less love crates?

I was getting fairly consistent chest drops from him with no re-roll. I then equipped lepre and drank a luck elixer. The next 10 runs dropped zero love craft chests.
    Also: After the event is over, will the crates still be open-able and their loot acquirable?

Secondly, I hear people saying that if you want the gold cupid wings vanity for your toon you should be opening the lovecraft chests on other toons of different classes. I'd like some clarification if this is actually true or is it just the strange way that random chance works?

Lastly I'd like to give a tip/request on fighting the Hugthulu boss. PLEASE start leading him to the portal area BEFORE the portal appears. With as many runs as I've done I've wasted so much time waiting for him to walk all the way up into the portal. It's only a few seconds per run but multiply that by hundreds of runs.

I hope STS can answer the re-roll question and also on the reduction in odds of getting a class specific vanity when opening with a character of same class.
    Thank you STS. This is an....interesting event.

Also: Here is some interesting information. The name "Hugthulu" is based on a character named "Cthulhu" from an HP Lovecraft story.
    This from wikipedia:
    Cthulhu is a deity created by writer H. P. Lovecraft and first introduced in the short story "The Call of Cthulhu", published in the pulp magazine Weird Tales in 1928. Considered a Great Old One within the pantheon of Lovecraftian cosmic entities, the creature has since been featured in numerous popular culture references. Lovecraft depicts Cthulhu as a gigantic and wholly evil entity worshiped by cultists. Cthulhu's anatomy is described as part man, part dragon, and part octopus.
    IGN: Lainnah
    Guild: Crisis Of Faith
    Last edited by Lainnah; 03-06-2015 at 03:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lainnah View Post
    So I've noticed that equipped with a luck elixir or lepre pendant, I seem to get far less lovecraft chests that with no re-roll. However, I do then re-roll the gold piles that drop into hauntlet coins, story tokens, dragkin teeth, etc.

Is it my imagination or does wearing lepre or having a luck elixir make Hugthulu drop less love crates?

I was getting fairly consistent chest drops from him with no re-roll. I then equipped lepre and drank a luck elixer. The next 10 runs dropped zero love craft chests.

Secondly, I hear people saying that if you want the gold cupid wings vanity for your toon you should be opening the lovecraft chests on other toons of different classes. I'd like some clarification if this is actually true or is it just the strange way that random chance works?

Lastly I'd like to give a tip/request on fighting the Hugthulu boss. PLEASE start leading him to the portal area BEFORE the portal appears. With as many runs as I've done I've wasted so much time waiting for him to walk all the way up into the portal. It's only a few seconds per run but multiply that by hundreds of runs.

I hope STS can answer the re-roll question and also on the reduction in odds of getting a class specific vanity when opening with a character of same class.
    Thank you STS. This is an....interesting event.

Also: Here is some interesting information. The name "Hugthulu" is based on a character named "Cthulhu" from an HP Lovecraft story.
    This from wikipedia:

IGN: Lainnah
    Guild: Crisis Of Faith
    Ok, the fact that having a leprechaun equiped seems to make the chests drop less. I always thought about a "performance factor" that will affect drop rate. I never loot any Dragkin teeth when running with people way better then me, since my performance is way lower then theirs... and they always get the dragkin teeth. It's same for most drops everywhere. I think a developer must confirm this statement. If this is true, using a leprechaun would lower your performance factor since you do less damage, and take less damage, but it doesn't apply for luck elixir. I don't see the need of using Luck elixir, since the drops are commons. There is no better loot, see what I mean?

Many people noticed that the Lovecraft Chests drop were anti-class... I think it's totally absurd since we all looted Hugthulu wings of our respective class, but many people complain that the Golden Cupid Wings aren't looted. I know people who did loot, so it's completly random. Don't trust this fact.

Interresting fun fact btw We already see where the "Lovecraft"ing idea came from lol and The Call of Cham.., erm I mean Cthulhu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I see what you are saying about the performance factor. I've always wondered if doing more dmg gives better odds of loot. However, in this case, I have run several times as a rogue with a party of all warriors. I know for a fact I do way more damage than any of them yet the odds of getting a love craft chest seem to drop if a lepre or elixir is equipped. It also could just be the way things work out with random chance. Sometimes it may seem that having or doing certain things can guarantee you better loot. Just like real life: lucky rabbits foot, blow on dice for good luck. It's all in our heads!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Ok, the fact that having a leprechaun equiped seems to make the chests drop less. I always thought about a "performance factor" that will affect drop rate. I never loot any Dragkin teeth when running with people way better then me, since my performance is way lower then theirs... and they always get the dragkin teeth. It's same for most drops everywhere. I think a developer must confirm this statement. If this is true, using a leprechaun would lower your performance factor since you do less damage, and take less damage, but it doesn't apply for luck elixir. I don't see the need of using Luck elixir, since the drops are commons. There is no better loot, see what I mean?

Many people noticed that the Lovecraft Chests drop were anti-class... I think it's totally absurd since we all looted Hugthulu wings of our respective class, but many people complain that the Golden Cupid Wings aren't looted. I know people who did loot, so it's completly random. Don't trust this fact.

Interresting fun fact btw We already see where the "Lovecraft"ing idea came from lol and The Call of Cham.., erm I mean Cthulhu
    I don't believe in performance factor.
    Sometimes i Join my friends at trindin boss and I hardly hit boss and I get teeth and they don't.

What I noticed is if you hit Mr.Hugthulu when he is at portal just right before he dies, your getting chest chance increase alot. Iam not sure tho just what I noticed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Sometimes i Join my friends at trindin boss and I hardly hit boss and I get teeth and they don't.

What I noticed is if you hit Mr.Hugthulu when he is at portal just right before he dies, your getting chest chance increase alot. Iam not sure tho just what I noticed.
    I just stand in front of the portal spawn. I get a chest every run @_@

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    I just stand in front of the portal spawn. I get a chest every run @_@
    Yes Iam not sure it just work that way for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

I named a koko "lucky*cat" and he is working better than my lepre for chest, trust me, Lifehax XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post

I kind of had the same feeling about the portal. Seems if I stand behind it I never get chests. I'll try and stand on/in front of it and see how that works.

I named a koko "lucky*cat" and he is working better than my lepre for chest, trust me, Lifehax XD
    That's hilarious. I'll try this as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

UPDATE: I wanted the golden cupid vanity for my rogue. However, I've opened at LEAST 200 chests on my rogue and did not get the vanity.

To test the idea of 'anti-class' vanity loot I transferred 35 chests to my mage. Guess what?

3 (Three) Golden Cupid Vanities for Rogue!!!!!!

Now I don't know if this is a fluke or a freak of nature here but, to me, it appears that you have better odds of getting the vanity you want if you open the love craft crates on a different class character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UPDATE: I wanted the golden cupid vanity for my rogue. However, I've opened at LEAST 200 chests on my rogue and did not get the vanity.

To test the idea of 'anti-class' vanity loot I transferred 35 chests to my mage. Guess what?

Now I don't know if this is a fluke or a freak of nature here but, to me, it appears that you have better odds of getting the vanity you want if you open the love craft crates on a different class character.
    lol lain so finnaly the tip of different class works for you . now u just have to wait until new update comes to say that these vanities are tradable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ceowarr View Post
    lol lain so finnaly the tip of different class works for you . now u just have to wait until new update comes to say that these vanities are tradable
    *thinks about all those warrior vanities in stash*

*crosses fingers*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Agreed... just stand near the portal let the boss walk to it and died.. love crates always appear.. from my numerous run tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

didn't work for me... Still having to send all the letters back

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I have been saying this all along, get your chests open at different chars and preferably at low lvls. If this is just a fluke, its consistent on 3 acc. which i used indicating that more vanities drop from toons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    I have been saying this all along, get your chests open at different chars and preferably at low lvls. If this is just a fluke, its consistent on 3 acc. which i used indicating that more vanities drop from toons.
    130 th chest opened in a capped level warrior mage rogue and a twink rogue..
    no golden wing for rogue yet... smh
    -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

200 chests opened on L41 rogue, Zeus.

2 vanity sets of rogue, 3 vanity sets of warrior, 3 vanity sets of sorcerer and a plethora of hugthulu wings. I don't think it matters, really.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    200 chests opened on L41 rogue, Zeus.

2 vanity sets of rogue, 3 vanity sets of warrior, 3 vanity sets of sorcerer and a plethora of hugthulu wings. I don't think it matters, really.
    You mean Lovecraft set.. or the whole set, with the Cupid wings... if you really looted that much cupid wings... you're lucky af

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    You mean Lovecraft set.. or the whole set, with the Cupid wings... if you really looted that much cupid wings... you're lucky af
    I mean the whole set with wings.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

around 400: numerous lovecraft hats, hugthulu's and 3 rogue's, 1 sorc's, 1 warr's golden cupid, opened on rogue
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Nah, doesn't matter. Opened on rogue, got rogue golden cupid wings. Finally.

There seem to be times when you get a chest every time and periods of when you get none. I just keep going and eventually chests start dropping again. At least solo, I can see if there's a chest or not before he completely falls and start heading out.

Yes, drag the troll to portal area for whole fight or when he's about to die is good. Stunning him when he does his small full red circle is good -- no slow puddle under him. Or give him his love elixir when his life is a little bit down and he'll be stunned the whole time above/near his death portal.

I can do 1 troll/minute (possibly less). I started soloing after I had to wait for the troll to amble his way up from where other people had dragged him.

I'm really enjoying the Lovecraft event. It seems to have a little bit of everything for everybody. And the vanities are great!

Star light, star bright...