Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | March 11th, 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

anyway, one more i'd like to consider is about mobs aggro,

we can gain aggro normally by doing normal attacks, skill damage, etc. but many all of them has maximum target (except clock's root and DoT which somehow doesn't gain aggro), compare it to heal, heal gain aggro of enemies who has seen you or your party get healed, without any target limitation, and even worse, heal overtime gain aggro continuously, without maximum target which is too much, ridiculous,

example case: you can pick your party's heal pack which has heal over time upgrade, and go to bunch of enemies, without getting attacked @_@, instead mobs will come to the one who drops the packs

please rethink about this maximum target, if you limit targets for each spell, then it will be fair if you also limit aggro gain by healing,

also about elixir stacking (and other stacking too)

if you don't want elixir of the same type to stack each other, why do you nullified the second use of the elixir? isn't it better if you just replace the timer with the new one/replace the old one/automatically remove the old one, reapply the newer one? it won't make the user OP, right?

thank you
    Last edited by extrapayah; 03-13-2015 at 06:13 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Delay the expansion. There's literally no point if playing it if half of the problems aren't fixed. I'm not talking about just skills and stuff, and talking about annoying bugs that litter the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Please reduce the power of these mobs, especially in some nordr quests those xp quests. I have to die alot and use 500 potion above to get 600xp an 1500 gold in more than 20 mintues. watcher tombs only 5min.

Please:
    1. bring back the para gem event for new expansion,I started this game after that event and I do not have any para gem and I am sure those already have para gem will be once more happy to have it for new L46 gears specially mythic l46(ohh can't wait to see how new mythic l46 look like)
    2. bring more grand or super gem event( I can not efford to buy all auction gems trying to get grand gem on my gears,cost more than price of my gears)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Why did you nerf our planar pendant proc on pvp. Though you left rogue ones untouched....??? Im soo angry can't find the right words?!!!

Ps: Sure ROUGES LEGEND nowzzzz!!!

Lol...at adjusting new mobs around rogues and not a single word about our taunting skills...
    Last edited by Bmwmsix; 03-13-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bmwmsix View Post
    Why did you nerf our planar pendant proc on pvp. Though you left rogue ones untouched....??? Im soo angry can't find the right words?!!!
    I thought that proc was on madnex bug list, ie, not working as intended. Was it a nerf or did they fix it to how it was supposed to be? I'm honestly asking because I have no idea.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

The concerns for skills and the promises of a totally new skill system at the release of Tindirin came from concerns that by level 41 we would have far too many skill points and not enough places to put them all, leading to a lot of identical toons because we can comfortably spec everything that our class would desire without having to make careful considerations of what to include and what to leave out.

The other half of this concern is/was obviously the major need to revamp gameplay and truly allow each class to excel in the one thing which both other classes severely lack, rather than one class which can do everything amazingly (and more so with the right pets) while the two classes which do a couple of those things averagely well are sidelined.

I think we all know that the next expansion and the maps and game setup which come with it are going to be around for a very long time- we have been in the current "Tindirin" era for more or less a year now and each expansion has been longer than the one before it. Once the content has been released it's going to be pretty difficult to make anything more than minor/gradual changes and that is not really what's needed. More importantly its not what was promised over a year ago when players were led to believe that STS were putting steps in action to deal with and resolve this, and that big changes were coming.

Many of us did not read those initial comments about changes to the skill system and then forget about them: we have been waiting to see what all this work would lead, and to be presented with the results of what it was presumed (as told) AL devs had been working on for a year.

Where are the fruits of that labor? What did the devs do with all of the detailed and well thought out comments and feedback left on the skill system feedback request thread? What has been going on this whole time behind the scenes?

I would rather have the new expansion delayed and have a skill and gear stats allocation revamp become the focus, with the eventual release of a new skill system and class balance before the new expansion so we can play around with it in the current content and get used to it. Even if this meant delaying the expansion by a few months.

The idea would be that once this was in place, the expansion would come back to the forefront of development, and would be designed to tie in with the revamped skill system, to enhance it and make it shine through the way it gels with gameplay in the new content. Having something so new to experiment with and get used to would satisfy the "new content" desire. That way the new content, class balance, and build diversity would be solid enough for the game to run on for the subsequent 12-18 months.
    Last edited by Dalmony; 03-13-2015 at 02:56 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    I thought that proc was on madnex bug list, ie, not working as intended. Was it a nerf or did they fix it to how it was supposed to be? I'm honestly asking because I have no idea.
    This >>>>>>>>- Ancient Planar Pendant Warrior Crystal proc now heals for 10% in PvP, down from 25% in PvE, and each tick of the regen now heals for 2% health per tick in PvP, down from 5% in PvE. (The PvE version of the proc is unaffected.

This feeling lucky...feels like a slap in a face.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

So as far this this (which was posted by g-m earlier today) ...

Name:  PicsArt_1426278764147.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  299.5 KB

We were told the skills were getting revamped for the new release... And have been getting continously told for a year that our skills were getting reworked... so for this to just be thrown out and trashed is really upsetting for most the community! .. Honestly just put the expansion on hold and take care of the skills!
    Last edited by Bellaelda; 03-13-2015 at 03:44 PM.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was a bug (as in the heal was way more than intended), that has now been fixed, so yeah. Cry babies, cry babies everywhere.

I would also like to support your other comments in support of the dev team. I'm not a coder, I don't know IT, I know literally nothing about what is required to produce a game like this. But, EVEN I KNOW it's massively complex and changes likely cascade through and have unintended consequences which would then cause another avalanche of b*tching and moaning. When you take into consideration the fact that many, many people don't buy plat, and are therefore contributing absolutely nothing to STS in return for this game which has given hours and hours of pleasure... yeah. How 'bout shutting up and letting them do their job.

As I've said in other threads, this is not to say that there aren't major issues with aspects of the gameplay and the way the community is managed; there are, of course there are, and these complaints are legitimate- but let's all keep a bit of perspective, eh? The fact you (not you Kritical) have access to the internet to even complain about a game you likely play on a fancy phone tells me you're in the top most well-off world demographic anyway...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    So as far this this (which was posted by g-m earlier today) ...

Name:  PicsArt_1426278764147.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  299.5 KB

We were told the skills were getting revamped for the new release... And have been getting continously told for a year that our skills were getting reworked... so for this to just be thrown out and trashed is really upsetting for most the community! .. Honestly just put the expansion on hold and take care of the skills!
    I don't think that a full skill rewamp would be better, just think about it how many bugged skill was fixed in the past years, and there are still some left like the increased duration on razor shield etc. You sure wanna start again from 0?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Lol Hali...

There's bound to be problems, but that's what the test server is for. And not everything needs to be changed... There's been so many great ideas for tweaking skills I wouldn't even know where to start to list them. However just completely scrapping or putting on the back burner what we've all been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for is beyond frustrating.

What if I don't wanna start a rogue like u did, lol, jk :-P
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rem..

This will have been suggested a hundred times before but I want to give my viewpoint.

Regarding selling vanities obtained from events and such like. Please make them tradeable. You and other STS staff have repeatedly talked about shifting the balance between the very rich and everyone else. As it stands with the economy the way it is, unless you loot a arcane item, shard or fossil then amassing any form of wealth is not possible. Being able to sell these vanities, which will become sought after a couple of months down the line after the event would allow people to make some money from the effort they put in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

When the Dragon Enclave expansion launches, you will be able to level up to 41. At level 41 you will have an abundance of skill points. Enough to spend on the active and passive skill trees and for the most part max out your character. This is pretty cool! Your character will be max’d out! On the other hand, it isn’t as interesting as when you need to make choices that define your character.

We are very aware of this shortcoming with the current skill system. We are hard at work developing a fun evolution to skills in Arcane Legends. Our plan is to allow for future growth, add interest and also address other shortcomings of the current skill system. We want to create a more interesting and strategic experience, allow for greater diversity in character builds, and also resolve issues inherent to the old system that players were experiencing in game.

This won’t happen overnight though. The skill system defines your characters and we respect that. We want to take the time to get it right.

The game is evolving and so too must the systems inside it. We expect to release more details about these exciting changes over the coming months.

- Remiem 02-FEB-2014

One of my current projects is the AL Skills System update, which brings me to the focus of this post...

As we have announced (read more at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-Skill-System), on part of the game we're taking a look at is the skill system, including all of the various class skills. While we have certain metrics that we can look at to analyze skill usage, it is also important to get feedback directly from the community, since numbers don't come accompanied with explanations. We want to know how these skills feel to you as part of your builds.

- Fibus 09-MARCH-2014

One year later.....

In the upcoming Rage of the Ren’gol expansion, we are taking our first stab at improving PVE class balance.

For this expansion, we spent a great deal of time reassessing how we design and create content.

- Fibus 11-MARCH-2015
    1. Skills: The skill revamp is on hold while we work on the expansion. In fact I wouldn't even call it a revamp as any effort toward skills will more likely be a series of small changes over time. The next expansion is our top priority right now and so that's where we are staying focused.

-G-M 12-MARCH-2015
    We don't know what went on in the studio behind all of that but I hope you see that from a players point of view, this is the opposite of transparent communication and feels like a pretty major turnaround and a brush off concerning the core of the entire game.

I'm just going to leave it there with the quotes because it is actually quite hard not to just rant about this >.<

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by magenice View Post
    Please reduce the power of these mobs, especially in some nordr quests those xp quests. I have to die alot and use 500 potion above to get 600xp an 1500 gold in more than 20 mintues. watcher tombs only 5min.
    Do the quest in a party..? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    From the desk of Fibus
    then start unleashing a barrage of Fireballs and Lightning Strikes.
    Hmm..lemme say...we gonna have 20% chance to make up another fireball and lightning? O_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Those of us that run elite don't use heal skill only pots heal is useless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

When is St Patricks event due to end?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think that on March 19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Need better communication, this is obviously not true:

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    That's what we did. It's currently limited to 5 threads per hour and 30 posts per hour. We set it this way so that it would slow down the bots, but not inhibit our members from making posts and keeping conversations going. So, we'll be continuing our research into how to stop them at the account creation level. Banning IPs is sometimes an option, unless we see that legitimate players are also coming on through the same IP (in the case of a VPN), so it's risky. We wouldn't want to block real people!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Attachment 128211

You better be reading.... I will no longer be civil about things
    May gad 693k plats O.O