Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7 Content Update (55818)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by judgementbow View Post
    How is this an advantage that you can only get with plat? Luck elixirs most likely give you more of a bonus than the vanity hat. Even if it's the same %25 chance, if you don't want the hat you can get the same advantage for coins. One Plasma Pyramid run is 2-4 luck elixirs, so that's not a bad trade off at all. If both options were plat only, then there might be a reason to change things. Either way a little extra luck won't be a big game changer in any way. You can run sewers all you want with it and more than likely you'll still take around the same amount of time to get a pink.
    That's an excellent point. I have tremendous respect for the senior players who voice their opposition, but I personally bought the item only bc of the statement that the effect would be permanent. I'd like to get a rose wand too, but I can't because I missed my chance.

This also seems to be perfectly in line with every other game I've played. Spending money helps you save time, you can have the same thing, but it takes longer if you don't get plat/points/whatever.

This hat allows you to potentially save time by not having to wait as long to drop something. I know drops are random, and the effect is small, but statistically this allows you the chance to get what you'd like to faster. I also went and bought an itunes card and bought plat to get this item. Someone doesn't want to use plat, use the elixir

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I just still can't believe how much debate is going on in this thread, right now, the devs have already voiced their opinions.

1.) They made it permanent for a reason.
    2.) JustG stated his opinion by agreeing with someone who said that it should stay permanent
    3.) Debating whether it should or should not stay doesn't change the fact that the devs WANT it to be permanent.

Also, this isn't as important to the health and well being of the game as the shadow caves were, so our opinions are not nearly as valuable to the devs on this topic. Not saying its not valuable at all, its just not at the status that it was during shadow cave release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I just still can't believe how much debate is going on in this thread, right now, the devs have already voiced their opinions.

1.) They made it permanent for a reason.
    2.) JustG stated his opinion by agreeing with someone who said that it should stay permanent
    3.) Debating whether it should or should not stay doesn't change the fact that the devs WANT it to be permanent.

Also, this isn't as important to the health and well being of the game as the shadow caves were, so our opinions are not nearly as valuable to the devs on this topic. Not saying its not valuable at all, its just not at the status that it was during shadow cave release.
    When did G say anything on this matter? I didn't see it if he did.
    Only thing I saw from a dev in regards to this was Asommers saying they'd consider making it temporary. How is that a final word on anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw the hat in action (can't post a pic ATM srry) just now. Apparently it acts as a luck potion because it said this guy's (wearing the hat) elixer of luck (no potion icon by his name) had given him a re-roll. It was only an orange item BTW. So this hat is infinite luck pots, which no one uses anyway. Compared to the ridiculous price of 10 plat. for one vs 16k, I believe that this actually fair to people who buy potions via plat (if there were any).

This IS fair, although I still don't agree with the whole 'money for bonuses over other players' concept, I can not think of a monetary-beneficial way to avoid the permabonus. Most games do that, so I guess PL can too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytesdawn View Post
    Epic troll. +1 random merit. Btw it's fruit not cookies.
    Lizardfeather|Ventesia|Yraelia
    Roleplayer's Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly the only reason I decided to buy this is for the permanent luck bonus.. If it were to be changed to temporary, that would be fine, but I would hope I would be refunded my platinum. It is hard to say things will be one way and end up changing it after people spend actual money on it. I would be happy to even receive a portion of the platinum back. Maybe lower the price to 5 plats as some suggested. =]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most players, incluing me just bougjt it causr devs said its permament. If they would take it away a lot of players woild wabt a refund includig me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmmm i didnt know if its perm when i brought it i just knew there was extra luck lol
    [IGN-Keohike]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I wish we had an official announcement on what they decide about this, before the hats go away. If they're permanent I was going to buy a couple more so I don't have to keep stashing them.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    I wish we had an official announcement on what they decide about this, before the hats go away. If they're permanent I was going to buy a couple more so I don't have to keep stashing them.
    Send devs a PM after all you are Kalielle
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #170
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We'll have the items available through Monday.

We're waiting to see the economic effect to decide if it is permanent or not.

If we remove the luck, we won't be giving refunds... days and days of good luck is worth the plat in our opinion!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post

If we remove the luck, we won't be giving refunds... days and days of good luck is worth the plat in our opinion!
    Not to complain but the original post did say that the effect would be permanent. Perhaps keep the effect and lower the proc could make everyone happy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll stay with it no matter what hehe. I don't think there has been much impact on the economy prices have stayed the same. The only concern for a lot of players is that there will be a lot of clones, still don't care I will use my rainbow robe for the style ;-)

When is the new sewer items coming and bonus for the set?

@Kalielle see I told you devs listen when you ask.
    Sig by KLEMEN

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #173
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Not to complain but the original post did say that the effect would be permanent. Perhaps keep the effect and lower the proc could make everyone happy?
    Understood... not long after that ALS (after listening to the thread comments) said we'll consider making them temporary. We need to see the impact on the economy to be able to make the call. Right now, we are leaning towards keeping it permanent. But that's all we can commit to.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Understood... not long after that ALS (after listening to the thread comments) said we'll consider making them temporary. We need to see the impact on the economy to be able to make the call. Right now, we are leaning towards keeping it permanent. But that's all we can commit to.
    I can't say I would be happy if the decision was made to make it temporary, but I can say I am glad I am not the one that has to make that decision.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

luck or no luck I would try to decide on a percentage over value of items placed for sale. So that items would not have exorbant prices. Players can make or break the economy by asking high prices. I have seen this happen to too many mmo's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Many players including me just bought the vanity hat " BIg Luck" because of the statement from justg that it had a permanent increase in luck. It would not be fair to us if justg and other devs changed their minds after they made the statement that it would be permanent. Devs are the only people here that i and many others rely on. If they make statements about content that i / we actually pay for with real money i expect them to stick to the statement.
    Last edited by superglut2; 03-17-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by superglut2 View Post
    Many players including me just bought the vanity hat " BIg Luck" because of the statement from justg that it had a permanent increase in luck. It would not be fair to us if justg and other devs changed their minds after they made the statement that it would be permanent. Devs are the only people here that i and many others rely on. If they make statements about content that i / we actually pay for with real money i expect them to stick to the statement.
    Sadly on the world of MMOs nothing is permanent. Its like Real life everything changes. Devs have to keep everything balanced. You could ask for a refund but that has to be made before They take it out.
    Sig by KLEMEN

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #178
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superglut2 View Post
    Superglut, if you followed the thread, you would see that asommers (not me) also said it may be temporary. Tell ya what, right now, email support, and we'll refund your purchase.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please let us know the perminant answer by Monday so those of us on the fence to buy can make our decision then.

I know personally I only like to PVP but would like to have it for days when I need to farm for gold to buy new gear... I won't wear it to PVP though so all good

Thanks!

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #180
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Djinn, we won't know by Monday unfortunately. Buy now and enjoy or perhaps regret it later!
    | | | |