Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stupid In-Game Rumors Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default The Stupid In-Game Rumors Thread

C'mon, we've all heard them. Somebody runs around spreading a rumor and it spreads like wildfire. Here's just a few:

1. As a level, say, 20, you'll get more XP by trying to play in the Sewers than you would in AO1. (Sorry, there's an XP cap. If the threat level on an enemy is red, you get the highest amount of XP, it doesn't matter if the map is 8 or whatever levels "above" you or 20.)

2. Gathering massive numbers of people into a Towne will cause a Dev to arrive and shower everyone with goodies. (To the best of my knowledge not true.)

3. That if you fight Vyxnaar X number of times, you're assured of getting a Vyx helm. (Still a random drop. Might get it from one fight. Might take a thousand.)

4. That, as a level 4, uttering the magic words, "Please don't boot" will cause you to not be booted from the Bandit Stronghold. (Generally, I don't boot. I will advise you of truth of rumor 1 and let your conscious be your guide. If that doesn't work, you'll either be really lonely really fast or I'll bring you some "friends" to play with.)

5. That standing on a fire grate and letting yourself get blown off is good luck. (Okay, maybe only I spread that one. )

Those are all I can think of off the top of my head. Feel free to add away.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 03-17-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    5. That standing on a fire grate and letting yourself get blown off is good luck. (Okay, maybe only I spread that one. )

This is true just ask Mitsu... depending on x number of deaths and if the bosses dropped all oranges might increase your chances of getting a pink. But it has to be a bird. :-)
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

C'mon, we've all heard them. Somebody runs around spreading a rumor and it spreads like wildfire. Here's just a few:

1. As a level, say, 20, you'll get more XP by trying to play in the Sewers than you would in AO1. (Sorry, there's an XP cap. If the threat level on an enemy is red, you get the highest amount of XP, it doesn't matter if the map is 8 or whatever levels "above" you or 20.)

2. Gathering massive numbers of people into a Towne will cause a Dev to arrive and shower everyone with goodies. (To the best of my knowledge not true.)

3. That if you fight Vyxnaar X number of times, you're assured of getting a Vyx helm. (Still a random drop. Might get it from one fight. Might take a thousand.)

4. That, as a level 4, uttering the magic words, "Please don't boot" will cause you to not be booted from the Bandit Stronghold. (Generally, I don't boot. I will advise you of truth of rumor 1 and let your conscious be your guide. If that doesn't work, you'll either be really lonely really fast or I'll bring you some "friends" to play with.)

#1 well said.
    #2, you cant gather mass number of people in a towne, well, not more than 25 ;D
    #3 is common knowledge
    #4 lol idk who would believe that
    #5 THIS SEEMS BELIEVEABLE IMA GO TRY IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

oh, and saying "pretzel" before you kill a boss in the sarcophagus guarantees you a purple or pink 100% of the time

(worked with me )
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I really like the "don't use Magic Shield when fighting the Keeper because it makes him use it more".

Idgets
    HTC Evo - Evo acting up? Check out this post for tips!
    Cidxesyl 56 Pure Mage | Lysdexic 56 Bow Bear | Sixdelyc 21 Junk Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

A new one I've seen lately is "Kill the Bandit Queen before the King, you get better drops". Highly doubtful, as devs have said that drops are totally random (or chances slightly boosted by luck elixirs/Big Luck).
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    A new one I've seen lately is "Kill the Bandit Queen first, you get better drops". Highly doubtful, as devs have said that drops are totally random (or chances slightly boosted by luck elixirs/Big Luck).
    yeah we tried that. It could be though WoW had a set of 3 bosses that dropped the loot depending on the order you killed them on AQ20 I think. But PL is a lot different so we may never know, but from our runs its highly unlikely.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    This is true just ask Mitsu... depending on x number of deaths and if the bosses dropped all oranges might increase your chances of getting a pink. But it has to be a bird. :-)
    Oh Ech, why you have to set up the stage for me like this. It’s embarrassing to talk about how often I get crated>fire pit>fire pit>fire pit and find myself back to the beginning of Stronghold where we just left less than 20 secs ago. Fly like a G-bird, then quietly press respawn and not ask for res.

I think Moog simply put it the best:
    “Just for the record....my tanking had nothing to do with Mits dying on those runs last night...he has a knack of dying even if Elly and I are both there tanking. The boy is drawn to firetraps like a fat kid to cupcakes.”

Intentional fire pit death doesn’t count. You gotta work it, run it and earn the fire deaths just as how you run every BS maps with exp pot. To raise the level of pinkness, you need 3 fire bird deaths, nothing more, just 3. If more than 3, it resets. Then you ask yourself if you are feeling lucky, do you smell the pink in the air (or just burned birds) and call it out loud in chat.

So the more birds in the party, the better so can share death, or you simply, die like a Mits

I haven’t bought a pink in CS since lv50 death set, just saying.
    Last edited by MITSUISUN; 03-17-2011 at 05:12 PM.
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    A new one I've seen lately is "Kill the Bandit Queen before the King, you get better drops". Highly doubtful, as devs have said that drops are totally random (or chances slightly boosted by luck elixirs/Big Luck).
    Ooh, forgot that one. The version I heard was if you kill King first, you'll get Int drops. Queen first and you get Str drops. Does not seem to work that way, no.

And Mits, the luckiest ones are where you get pin-balled. So far, my record is three grates. One blew pushed me to the next just as it blew and, in spite of already being fatally dead, shoved me into a third which blew. Covered most of the real estate in the "big room" at the start. I did get a pink, tho.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 03-17-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Oh I love this thread - if only I could remember all the rumors I heard. Here are some:

Regarding getting pinks, that you get more pinks if:
    - you are wearing pinks already
    - you are NOT wearing pinks/don't have any in your inventory
    - you say Pink/name of the item just before killing boss (people remember the one time it did work, and ignore the 100 times when someone is shouting pink pink pls pls pink pink me etc etc the entire time instead of fighting...)
    - you are not using any elixirs (that's a new one! heard it last week)
    - you are host
    - you are NOT host
    - you do a little happy dance as you are killing boss (yeah, try doing the celebrate emote while killing goldfever... I'm sure your party members will appreciate it ).

That being said, there's also one time when I dismissed a rumor too soon. Shortly after AO3 came out Xom was telling me he noticed that rare pinks only seem to drop if there's a high level in the party. I was like, oh come on I can't believe you're starting to fall for such things too. Months and months later when Badtee noticed AO loot scaling (a while before the forum did) and told me about it, I was like - facepalm.

It's taught me to keep my eyes - and my mind - open, even as I'm skeptical about most things I hear.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Oh I love this thread - if only I could remember all the rumors I heard. Here are some:

Regarding getting pinks, that you get more pinks if:
    - you are wearing pinks already
    - you are NOT wearing pinks/don't have any in your inventory
    - you say Pink/name of the item just before killing boss (people remember the one time it did work, and ignore the 100 times when someone is shouting pink pink pls pls pink pink me etc etc the entire time instead of fighting...)
    - you are not using any elixirs (that's a new one! heard it last week)
    - you are host
    - you are NOT host
    - you do a little happy dance as you are killing boss (yeah, try doing the celebrate emote while killing goldfever... I'm sure your party members will appreciate it ).

That being said, there's also one time when I dismissed a rumor too soon. Shortly after AO3 came out Xom was telling me he noticed that rare pinks only seem to drop if there's a high level in the party. I was like, oh come on I can't believe you're starting to fall for such things too. Months and months later when Badtee noticed AO loot scaling (a while before the forum did) and told me about it, I was like - facepalm.

It's taught me to keep my eyes - and my mind - open, even as I'm skeptical about most things I hear.
    Tee mad one up today. If you are naked you get a pink. It didn't work of course
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    sweet ill whip out my cheetah thong and iron it for tommorow
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalbanana
    I want your body, its so nice and warm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove
    I touched myself last night. I said no, but I knew I wanted it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

If everyone in the party wears fiesta sombreros and does te celebrate emote you get a pink...
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Ooh, forgot that one. The version I heard was if you kill King first, you'll get Int drops. Queen first and you get Str drops. Does not seem to work that way, no.

And Mits, the luckiest ones are where you get pin-balled. So far, my record is three grates. One blew pushed me to the next just as it blew and, in spite of already being fatally dead, shoved me into a third which blew. Covered most of the real estate in the "big room" at the start. I did get a pink, tho.
    ITS TRUE THEN!!!! everyone, stop fighting! KILL YOURSELVES!
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post

LMAO yes it makes the whole party run in panic, even funnier if you follow them. Could get you booted though be warned

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    Oh Ech, why you have to set up the stage for me like this. It’s embarrassing to talk about how often I get crated>fire pit>fire pit>fire pit and find myself back to the beginning of Stronghold. Fly like a G-bird, then quietly press respawn and not ask for res.

I think Moog simply put it the best:
    Just for the record....my tanking had nothing to do with Mits dying on those runs last night...he has a knack of dying even if Elly and I are both there tanking. The boy is drawn to firetraps like a fat kid to cupcakes.
    Sorry Mits didn't meant for it to embarrass you lol. Moogs comment made my day.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I done that CanonicalKoi and of course, rewarded heh =)
    The other night someone was asking me how do I have different sets and switch them in between fights/maps. I didnt know what to say...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkei View Post
    Tee mad one up today. If you are naked you get a pink. It didn't work of course
    It did for us that night.
    He was naked and I was dying. Perfect pink combo.
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some random said if I send a pic of myself to him in an email, he'd hack the system and make pinks drop more for just me...
    SO NATURALLY I TOOK A NUDE AND SENT HIM IT, And sad to say nothing has changed >...

Loljks, reported him instantly And sent screenshot, and haven't seen him since
    You may call me Jess
    Quote Originally Posted by Caire-boo View Post
    Perhaps SpacetimeStudios could introduce a buskers corner with instruments for the beggars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    Intentional fire pit death doesn't count. You gotta work it, run it and earn the fire deaths just as how you run every BS maps with exp pot. To raise the level of pinkness, you need 3 fire bird deaths, nothing more, just 3. If more than 3, it resets. Then you ask yourself if you are feeling lucky, do you smell the pink in the air (or just burned birds) and call it out loud in chat.

So the more birds in the party, the better so can share death, or you simply, die like a Mits

I haven’t bought a pink in CS since lv50 death set, just saying.
    When Mits and I run a board together -- a three bird death is almost a guarantee. At a minimum. I have perfected dying like a Mits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

1) If you shake your iPod up and down upside-down before the boss dies, you'll get a pink (yes, no joke, I have heard this...)

2) Orbs stack, and taking all the orbs in gurgox's lair gives you invincablility.

3) You're not a noob if you were the first to loot the first "blue" kite shield (not even kidding-.-')

4) If you're nice to the devs, they'll somehow make it so you loot a pink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    ITS TRUE THEN!!!! everyone, stop fighting! KILL YOURSELVES!
    Arterra, would I spread an untrue rumor? I am insulted you would even think such a thing!

And I can see that Mits, Doubletime and I need to do a run together. Seems we have a similar "style".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Arterra, would I spread an untrue rumor? I am insulted you would even think such a thing!

And I can see that Mits, Doubletime and I need to do a run together. Seems we have a similar "style".
    lol i am actually making a point of revving people on top of grates. they better time themselves or move fast if they want to depend on me
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...