Thread: Buff Mythic Egg Band proc chance for Warrior or....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Default Buff Mythic Egg Band proc chance for Warrior or....

So here's a breakdown of the current ring setup amongst the classes.

Mage - This class has so many damage-over-time skills. Drop clock, fireball, ice. Almost guaranteed to proc on a large mob. So despite it's mediocre stats, it will proc very often for this class. So the ring is decent-good for this class.

Rogue - This class has some damage-over-time skills. Most builds have nox at the least. The stats are the best of the 3 classes on the ring. Rogue has a decent chance to proc when attacking a large mob set using nox and have fast cd skills. Also if the rogue has traps with bleed or razor, even higher chance to proc. I consider the ring good for this class.

Warrior - No damage-over-time skills. Slower cd skills compared to the other classes. Warrior has a low chance to proc the ring because of this. Additionally the stats are the worst of the 3. Armor vs dmg/crit of the other classes. It's lose-lose for the warrior with this ring. The current ring stats and the way the system proc's is a fail for the warrior and its bad for this class.

Please increase the proc rate of the warrior's ring since we will hardly ever proc or maybe consider adding bleed effect to one of the warrior skills such as Skyward Smash (since warrior modifications are being considered).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I think the proc need to be buffed generally. Actually I think it might be better to make the xp and luck boost permanent, especially considering that the stats are pretty bad even now and surpassed by a number of other rings and that with the new lvl cap the ring would be pretty much obsolete on lvl 41. I tested it on my rogue for one hour of braken runs and had the buff during the Jarl kill exactly 2 times?! Not even funny: 2 times in one hour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Although I agree with your point, they didn't do anything to change the proc of the mythic amulet which is the polar opposite in terms of class favored (proc on taking damage).

So if changes are made here, it would only be fair to adjust the proc rate for mages using mythic amulet as well.

An awesome solution would be to add a 25% proc chance on either Skyward Smash or Windmill and 50% when charged for an AoE that hits up to 10 surrounding mobs. This will have five or more ticks and will work in a very similar manner like the first Planar Tombs boss fire circle AoE but without the pushback.

+1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi:2111030
    I think the proc need to be buffed generally. Actually I think it might be better to make the xp and luck boost permanent, especially considering that the stats are pretty bad even now and surpassed by a number of other rings and that with the new lvl cap the ring would be pretty much obsolete on lvl 41. I tested it on my rogue for one hour of braken runs and had the buff during the Jarl kill exactly 2 times?! Not even funny: 2 times in one hour.
    Use it on a boss that can actually survive multiple skill hits like arena bosses. You will always proc if you have nox.

I suggested bleed since it may also help in other ways. Adding an extra proc for only a skill may be difficult or weird for them to code. If bleed was added, curse pvp mages would probably benefit. Additionally, new shield upgrade ignores bleed when charged for mage. Even if the bleed was for a low dmg amount I would be fine. At least I would have an opportunity for the ring to proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

or make it fair to be like 10% for each successful normal attack, not multiplied by enemies simultaneously hit by each attack
    and 3% x n seconds of skill cooldown per each skill cast

and yes, the proc for amulet and any other on-hit proc also need to be improved
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

I agree with you, the new Mythic ring not only has poor stats for warrior but the seems proc to be near naught, this is especially that in the case for the warrior class. Maybe increase stats and change it from "Dealing DMG" to "Taking DMG", seeing as warriors tank this should be a suitable adjustment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Remember when wild amulets came out and only warriors could get the proc to work a lot? This is payback. Now rogues and mages get their shot and warriors have it worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

add little damage to the ring for warrior and mages.only rogues gets the upper hand on the ring again.
    "When anger rises, think of the consequences." -Confucius
    Hypireon/Notquitehuman/Impzilla

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by riddiculous View Post
    add little damage to the ring for warrior and mages.only rogues gets the upper hand on the ring again.
    True, im using it for twinking at 17 with para lol. Every oldschool ring who where into (4m/5m/6m) are done and crap for me.
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Higuani View Post
    True, im using it for twinking at 17 with para lol. Every oldschool ring who where into (4m/5m/6m) are done and crap for me.
    It's so true. My level 10 rogue actually stopped using her goblin ring for the egg band.