Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Call of Champions Alpha Eligibility

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Default Call of Champions Alpha Eligibility

Call of Champions is turning out to be something very special. So much so that we have received an overwhelming amount of requests to play as early as possible, most notably from the professional eSport/ competitive gaming community.

As such, Alpha is going to be extremely exclusive and comprised of the Best of the Best. We’ll be announcing it in a couple of weeks, but thought we would give you an early heads up.

Personally, I think this game is amazing. We can’t put it down inside the studio, and we can’t wait to get it into your hands.

We’re opening up Alpha in three tiers over a couple of months:

- Tier 1: Titan Class (30 people total)
    - Tier 2: Legend Class (90 people total)
    - Tier 3: Hero Class (270 people total)

Alpha access is prestige beyond anything we have offered before. It is far beyond being a Founder. It is as close to being a dev as you can get, because you actively help us shape the game. We’ll have a way in game to permanently show that you were part of this elite group.

Use this thread to tell us why you or others should be considered, discuss possible criteria for getting in, and ask us anything else about the Alpha that you would like to know.

Help us figure out who gets to guide the game to completion. In other words, who among you are PvP Titans?

Thanks for everything and looking forward to our next adventure together!

- g
    Last edited by Justg; 04-07-2015 at 04:43 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I just wanna tell you to don't count on me...

Edit: Only joke...:-) Good luck with new game
    Last edited by Sverdysiuss; 04-07-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I think this is a great step forward into letting your players know that you completely trust them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I wish to be considered in the Alpha game of CoC. Also my pvp teammates (Raregem and Shinytoy)

We PVP in AL everyday, break down the game, submit bug reports in the Technical Bugs and Issues section of AL and are very active in the AL forums.

Please also consider Serancha.

She is very technical, active on the forums and Technical Bugs and Issues section as well.
    Last edited by Ravager; 04-07-2015 at 03:27 PM.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I think I should be considered, because of the fact that it's a MOBA game and I've got many experiences with the game genre. I've been playing MOBA games for a long time now and I am sure that all the Alpha users will help the game get better and hopefully get the top spot on the app stores.
    Good luck to all!
    Best of luck to the game Spacetime!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

As much as I would love to play in the alpha I don't class my self as the best of the best so I will just wait for beta testing and let the best players shape this game into something so awesome that no other moba will be able to compete

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

YYS
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Gonna start by saying that i am not even remodeled close to being a top pvp player in AL, so Im just hoping someone somewhere cast a lucky spell on me or something, but worth a shot to try to get in to the alpha XD

I will be trying to Apply for the lowest tier.
    I would without a doubt say that when there is a new game, and nobody has played it before, i will be a precious alpha player.
    I am a Quick learner, so alphas are my thing, although I can not guarantee i will be keeping up when the really Skilled players start to come after game release.
    Although i am certainly not a profilic arcane legends pvp player, and i do not find dota or league of legends funny (i always run in to AFK/trolling teams) so i don't know what rank i would be, I can still without a doubt say that i am good/okay at PvP.
    In AL i might not be geared, because farming is not really my thing, but i still get a fair amount of kills the few Times i pvp.
    Lastly, i will be honest, i do not understand technology and WHY bugs happen. But i have brains enough to see the bugs and report them anf what (for an example) skill caused it.
    As for time, unless you plan to drag this alpha out and not release until late summer i have all the time in the world!
    (Device: iPad Air)

What i think should be reasons people qualify:
    Have been with STS for around a year or more, adds to trustworthiness
    Must have a decently good name, someone people know of
    Must NOT be the best at pvp, but needs to be qualified enough to learn the game quickly

Also, IF THEY WANT you should invite safiras,casperox,arrowflr
    Some of the most Skilled fellas i have seen in AL, (WOW totally a coincidence that they are guildies the 3 of them, its really weird right??)
    and if they want to be alphas, they deserve it.

And just because they are cool and have SHARP eyes and brains, i recommend zylx,ruizhe,obee (ofcourse, if they want)

Edit: i started playing gain glory yesterday, a friend recommended it and i thought "a little bit moba experience"
    I love it so far, my average KDR in a match is like 7 kills 5 Death 2 assist, and i really love the MOBA aspect Where ganging is a strategy, and your team really have to cooperate go win. MOBA experience? CHECK.
    Last edited by ClumsyCactus; 04-16-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

omg this is goood i cant wait hopefullt yall choose the right people for Alpha access cause the way i act i forums i know i dont meet yall requirements and hope you choose the right people and no just some pros who have big egos already
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

but i might as well

hai doods

i hope yall choose me with this game since i have experience with other MOBA games
    now ik COC wont be like the other MOBA games so i would like to trying somethung diffrent and experience another great game by yall. Also i been with yall for a while maybe not as long as others but as a loyal player who plays one of your games everyday ( such as PL BC and a bit of AL). I have a lot of experience in those three games with the way pvp works and i would love to see a new form of pvp and test it out to figure out the functions

i would lovE to try this gaME out and help
    develop/shape another great game by yall
    k
    thx
    bai
    Last edited by synfullmagic_23110; 04-07-2015 at 04:05 PM.
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I think i should be chosen cause i have no past experiences with mobas & i dont like them much either. So if you need the pov of someone that picks the game up for the first time knowing nothing about moba mechanics etc, this should be the average/casual gamer, the ones that are neither fanatics nor passionate about mobas and you have to convince to play your game, i would be glad to help.

This is not my first time doing tests for games either. I recently completed a alpha test for a newly developed mobile moba just like Call of Champions called "Heroes of Soulcraft" with short matches & the goal of becoming a successful mini moba.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ladysophie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I think I should be considered Eligible for a few reasons.

1. I am a very old member of Pocket legends

2. I have a lot of free time allowing me to be able to play this game everyday.

3. I am a very active pvper.

4. I can test a Both platforms

5. I am capable of recording and have begun testing editing out

Ps. I got a little money to spend

In all fairness, I am probably one of many thousand non-eye catching applicants. But i hope i get the invite
    Last edited by End; 04-09-2015 at 01:36 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to End For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Here is Why You Guys Should Consider Placing Me In a Tier

Hello! I have played every legends game since day one including pocket legends (founder) and I have beta and alpha tested many console games since 2006!! I am very great at reporting bugs, notifying the developers about issues, and helping people get to know the game a lot better. I currently have a lot of free time on my hands and would love to alpha test this game and help make it better for the community and I would love to see this game rise to the top. I also have experience with testing MOBA games such as blizzards Hero of the Storm alpha in which I have helped them report issues from the beginning to the end of the stage.

Here are Some Diverse Games I Have Alpha and Beta Tested

I helped bungie and beta tested halo 3 and alpha tested destiny. I was a participant in EPIC games gears of war 3 beta, and the battlefield 3 and battlefield hardline beta which was great for helping contribute to the community. I am trying to alpha test blizzards new game in a year called "overwatch", a FPS , hopefully and this game would be great to test!

I Have Tested Different Types of Games Including Console Games and PC

I would be honored to help you guys out as I have been a big legends fan since the beginning! CoC sounds like a game with a lot of potential and I know you guys could use someone like myself who has a lot of experience testing games like MOBAS, FPS, and third person shooters.

I Currently Play Competatively on Console and Pc games

Regarding competitiveness, I have played pocket legends competitively throughout a course of 3 years and it has been a blast! I played gears of war 1 competitively in 2006-2010, participated in console tournaments and 5v5 games against the new developer team black tusk who is making the xbox one game gears of war 4 which is a great 3rd person shooter.

I am an Experienced Alpha and Beta Tester

Overall, I have great experience with all types of games and I can relate very well to MOBA's and will do whatever it takes to help make Call of Champions a bug-free awesome game!

I would be perfectly fine with any Tier 1,2 or even 3.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Warlord0520; 04-21-2015 at 11:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I'd like to join in on this extravaganza. I'll play based on what you guys need! I'm good at finding bugs (as seen with a couple of deleted threads (-_-) Lol and I can be either a casual gamer, just pick up the game on the go, or I can be an elite hard core gamer. I've been around spacetime enough to know how versatile the range of gaming is therefore, if chosen, I'm going into this epic battle expecting nothing, learning as I go, and achieving victory! I hope that was motivating enough to pick me because waiting until the summer, which us military personell don't get anyways, is not ideal.

As far as how people are picked I feel it should be a major mixup. It should consist of elite pvpers, members who have been a part of the community for a long time as well as some newer members. I don't know much about the development of games which is why I leave that up to you guys, but I do figure it would be practical to test the game the same way it will be played. Without having one certain group of people playing.

Edit: I have a galaxy s5 and am Platinum League in LOL
    Another Edit: I can easily put 8hrs a day into this game and on weekends literally all day and all night
    Last edited by Jhawkeye; 04-09-2015 at 12:08 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this one going to have a rotating camera? Lol don't h8 ��

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhhhhhhhh View Post
    Is this one going to have a rotating camera? Lol don't h8 😌
    mobas dont ussaly have rotating cameras
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

My reason of eligibility:
    • I have played other MOBAs in the past like "Heroes of Order and Chaos" (and "Smite" for a while..)
    • I understand what MOBAs are, and how they are played (i.e. two teams face each other in PvP fights. Each team must destroy the other team's "base" in order to win the game.

My PvP Experiences:
    • In PL, I have always played Archer. Over the times I have played PvP in PL, I've met many great PvP'ers (such as Bless), who gave me tips and strategies on beating the opponent team's team members. Sometimes, when my team members tell me to help them "spawn kill" others, I refused to join their Spawn Killings. Sometimes, when the other team has less players than my team, I volunteer to "sit" (stay at respawn room, and not attack anyone) until the other team and my team have equal members.
    • I've had experience with game content testing (i.e. the AL Testing clients on Android OS for testing new content like Winter Event, Planar Tombs, Planar Arena, and Necropolis (Halloween) Event). I understand the purpose of these tests are to find out glitches/bugs and notify the developers, as well as give suggestions about the game.
    • Lastly, I have been a player of STS games since May of 2010, I understand and agree to follow the STS Terms of Service (includes In-Game ToS), and the STS Forum Rules.

My skills outside of gaming:

People I recommend: Roberto077 (Youtube: Terrainrob)
    I recommend him because I've seen the videos that he posts on his Youtube channel of the matches and he has a lot of skill when fighting League of Legends matches. He has also been an awesome member of the community, and one of the nicest people I know

Criteria:

I think the Criteria should be based on:
    1. Experience with MOBAs
    2. Experience with PvP games
    3. Good understanding of how alpha and/or beta tests work
    4. Understand, agree, and follow the STS Terms of Service
    5. Nice/Respectful of others (i.e. no insults/trash talking)
    Last edited by Schnitzel; 04-19-2015 at 09:19 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

i d like to use this spot to recommend: ravagerx and shinytoy.

why?

i met both in pvp and both always showed an exceptional sense in fairness by either sitting or switching sides if necessary without big ego issues.
    both have a very deep understanding of the in-game mechanics and not only try to improve this knowledge, but generally share their insights with the community. also, (to my knowledge) they stay out of every guild war and drama issues. i think these are exactly the qualities you should be looking for in alpha testers for the next big pvp thing.

(this is coming from someone who only pvps one or two days every month exactly because of trashtalk, drama, and balance issues).

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhhhhhhhh View Post
    Is this one going to have a rotating camera? Lol don't h8 ��
    From the MOBAs I've played in the past, the camera is fixed, meaning that it cannot move

Sorry for the double post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

In addition to the "best of the best", I think newcomers of the MOBA genre should be considered. When this game is released, you'll have many experienced MOBA players flocking to the game, but many, many more who are new to MOBA's, and if you don't have a solid integration for these players, you won't be as successful as you should.

I have never played a MOBA before in my life, and that is why i believe I should be considered for alpha testing. Silly, right? Well, if I end up among the best of the best, then it means you were able to integrate or to teach a newcomer into playing like a "champion" (forgive the pun lol). If I feel out of place, I will let you know "hey I don't get this" or "hey, this concept is really confusing". Afterall, I'm going into the game with as much understanding of CoC as the "best of the best", aren't I? I have as much understanding of PvP as the "pros" do, as I have twinked a lot. PvP in AL is very simple, yet since everything is now gear-based, people confuse "pro" with "best geared". Since there is no gear in CoC, I know everyone will have a chance. I will be having weekdays free for the next few months, so I will have a lot of free time testing this game.

I am very competitive. I simply don't like to lose . I will play my heart out and do my very best, just as i do with every competition I've ever been in. In Arcane Battlegrounds, i managed to hold a spot within the top 10 for a few months. I am a very good goal-setter too. I went from 500 gold to 5 million gold in the first day of this easter egg event in AL. When I have something to work for, I will go after it like a police dog after a felon drug lord. If you consider me for Alpha, I will make it my goal to do my very best and to shape the game into what it needs to be.

I have been proactive in this community for nearly 2 years. I have reported numerous bugs and positively suggested many improvements for AL. I am very intelligent, and a quick-thinker. I will suggest postive ideas as soon as they come to mind. I will be very active in the CoC community as well. I have created many helpful guides and organizations to help new player grow more accustomed to AL and when CoC gets released, I will welcome new players with guides and organizations to help them learn what I've learned, further growing that newcomer base! I've also suggested ideas to help the community become closer together. I am always chock-full of ideas. I love STS, even though I am very critical about things. I want to make sure that CoC will be among the best games on mobile for sure.

I really hope you consider me for Alpha.

My suggestion on what the criteria for selection should be:

-Active Community Member
    -Experienced Spacetime Games Player (at least 2 years)
    -Genuine Interest in CoC
    -Proactive in Reporting Bugs and Issues
    -Quick to Provide Brilliant Ideas and Suggestions
    Last edited by Zylx; 04-07-2015 at 05:28 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post: