Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
For AL, there are many types of players. We can be an elite farmer, a PvP player, a nab, and someone who doesn't want to respec (so uses same spec everywhere). If a game is PvP specific, people will play PvP and be pros at it. You learned to be a good PvP or good PvE in AL, SL, PL, DL. Same will happen in CoC. We're looking for people who are already pros. I've only seen people telling why they should be in the AlphaTest, there is not much talking about the criterias other then reporting bugs and PvP tournament. We're trying to differentiate Titans from Heros.

I am not very familiar with the PvP pros of AL, PL and SL. I can find many names in the already done Tournaments and post them here, but we can all do that. People naming their best friends and best PvP people they know. We're talking MOBA, then let's talk MOBA.

The best to tell who is titan and who is legend, is to test game first and place people on that leaderboard. The point with the Tournament is to tell who's better then the other and class people. AL tournament, no. MOBA testing and tournament, yes.
I agree with most everything (everything that was important i.e. not AL tourney), but if this game has a progression system related to League then the learning and specialization curve is entirely different. As you said, in AL people are experts at farming, PvP, or just play for whatevs, but MOBAs are designed to make all players look at the one ultimate goal in PvP.

A good way to think of it is with what we call the DotA to League approach. Originally, Blizzard released Warcraft 3 in the hopes of creating a game mixing the strategic gameplay of Starcraft with the progression system of an MMO with leveling up a singular character rather than an army. Using the level editor, a person created a game type called Defenders of the Ancients which sparked the idea of a 3 lane in match progression system where you controlled one character in Starcraft RTS style map with resource mobs spawning in and within the lanes. Soon enough, the original RTS principles of Warcraft were taken out of the game and level prebuild structures and a base for each team.

The mod became popular for its own gameplay and eventually released as a full game. Riot Games noticed the rapid success and released a game with the same principles, just with refined mechanics (called League of Legends). Rather than building yourself to win with either PvP or PvE, now both aspects were required to siege the enemy base and claim victory. The thing I'm trying to get at is the fact that Call of Champions is the refined Arcane Legends. Unnecessary mechanics that could cause harm to the PvP have been thrown away to create a different atmosphere much like how League of Legends evolved from Warcraft 3 which evolved the grand ancestor Warcraft: Orcs vs Humans (1994).

All in all, CoC will shape players to be the same, creating a more competitive atmosphere. This post took too long to write and was probably unnecessary