Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bow Bear Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KaotiicxDream View Post
    Okay ^^ I was just thinking it sounded like something a Dev could say.. Like: If you are having more troubles connecting let "US" know.^^
    Nah, my suggestions and opinions are only as important as the rest of the community. Which reminds me, I added this section :

Useful Links

Meet Mr.Wallace - Mr.Wallace is one of the best Bow Bears in game, he's showcased his character here on what he uses, stats, and skills - so have I.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Elly u should show all ur stats too ...

Ugh.. Remembers me about I need to re spec my Skills on my Dual spec bear -.-'
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Elly u should show all ur stats too ...

Ugh.. Remembers me about I need to re spec my Skills on my Dual spec bear -.-'
    I did in the thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't wanna look through all the pages ... lol ^^

U could make a new thread saying: Ellyidol's Stats or something and make a link to it from this AWESOME guide!!!
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I don't wanna look through all the pages ... lol ^^

U could make a new thread saying: Ellyidol's Stats or something and make a link to it from this AWESOME guide!!!
    Don't think it's that big of a deal, that I have to post another thread

My stats are on the 2nd/3rd page if I'm not mistaken, along with my skills and skill map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Kk ^^ I just think something else ^^

I still need to re-spec my skills on 2 chars :-(
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I decided to respect today to dual bear and just wanted to make some pointers out. Thank you to Elly and anyone else who contributed- everything was fairly straightforward. Some things to note though-

I was under the impression that you can only use gear in loadouts that fell underneath the minimum equipment str/dex requirement of 139- that the loadout system will simply cross reference to see if your current stats matches requirements of gear and then add up the boosts. I'm not entirely sure this was the case and instead calculates it algorithmically by initially making sure that at least one least equipment piece has the sufficient stats required to be equipped to character before loadout. Then it updates the character's stats and looks again at next equipment that can be equipped based on new stats and does so until everything is loaded.

The reason I mention this is because I did not realize that there are a lot of different Horus items that have a minimum str of 142 and not 138. I had a spare Mynas helm, and got lucky with an off level D'jinn spear of Horus (135 str req at level 43 vs. nrml of 141). Had a shield but no horus equipment I could put on so I went ahead with a Whipcord Leather of Celerity (158 dex min with 8 dex boost) And it worked as a saved loadout. So you can find use also use any dex gear if you cannot find a Horus/Osiris set, as long as you have the stats. Plus it saves you money.

Second thing I wanted to mention is how big of a difference it is to play as a bow bear and I mean that in a fun way- especially in PVP. It takes a few battles to get used to not rushing up to someone and instead learning to keep your distance just right. It's an art to find the exact distance you need to be in, so they close enough within the range of your bow, but not too close to their debuff range. I've found that when I'm fully buffed, I can take out someone very quickly with a beckon and stomp only, and still continue to do damage even if you're frozen in place.

Anyhow I'm glad I switched. Adjusting to a new style of play is going to be interesting. Lastly, I couldn't really seem to find much info about bow bears for pvp in terms of the 55 sets, but I think it'd be a nice touch to get a brief rundown on what weapons to anticipate using in pvp, pve, etc..

Sorry for the long message!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by braluk View Post
    So I decided to respect today to dual bear and just wanted to make some pointers out. Thank you to Elly and anyone else who contributed- everything was fairly straightforward. Some things to note though-

I was under the impression that you can only use gear in loadouts that fell underneath the minimum equipment str/dex requirement of 139- that the loadout system will simply cross reference to see if your current stats matches requirements of gear and then add up the boosts. I'm not entirely sure this was the case and instead calculates it algorithmically by initially making sure that at least one least equipment piece has the sufficient stats required to be equipped to character before loadout. Then it updates the character's stats and looks again at next equipment that can be equipped based on new stats and does so until everything is loaded.

The reason I mention this is because I did not realize that there are a lot of different Horus items that have a minimum str of 142 and not 138. I had a spare Mynas helm, and got lucky with an off level D'jinn spear of Horus (135 str req at level 43 vs. nrml of 141). Had a shield but no horus equipment I could put on so I went ahead with a Whipcord Leather of Celerity (158 dex min with 8 dex boost) And it worked as a saved loadout. So you can find use also use any dex gear if you cannot find a Horus/Osiris set, as long as you have the stats. Plus it saves you money.

Second thing I wanted to mention is how big of a difference it is to play as a bow bear and I mean that in a fun way- especially in PVP. It takes a few battles to get used to not rushing up to someone and instead learning to keep your distance just right. It's an art to find the exact distance you need to be in, so they close enough within the range of your bow, but not too close to their debuff range. I've found that when I'm fully buffed, I can take out someone very quickly with a beckon and stomp only, and still continue to do damage even if you're frozen in place.

Anyhow I'm glad I switched. Adjusting to a new style of play is going to be interesting. Lastly, I couldn't really seem to find much info about bow bears for pvp in terms of the 55 sets, but I think it'd be a nice touch to get a brief rundown on what weapons to anticipate using in pvp, pve, etc..

Sorry for the long message!
    Yeah, loadouts can get tricky especially if you're new to them. I tried to explain it best in my original Dual Spec Guide (Basics), you can get through in my sig, it's called the "Loadout Assumption". I practically use it in any kind of gear I want to equip using loadouts, and it works every time.

As for the gear, I've been trying to work on a 55 Gear Setup List Guide for about 2 weeks now, but very slowly, unfortunately. School's just peaking up, parents in town, and have just been busy all around too, albeit not always important

I'll try to get it done asap, but at the rate I'm going, 61 cap will be out before I finish.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by braluk View Post
    So I decided to respect today to dual bear and just wanted to make some pointers out. Thank you to Elly and anyone else who contributed- everything was fairly straightforward.
    I'm glad to hear you switched! While I can't comment on PvP, I have buckets of fun tanking as a bow bear.

For what it's worth, my STR loadout consists of:
    Mynas Helmet of Osiris (Lvl 45, 138 Str) +8 Str
    D'Jinn Spear of Osiris (Lvl 45, 141 Str) +8 Str
    Mynas Plate Maile of Osiris (Lvl 45, 142 Str) +8 Str
    Scarab Buckler of Osiris (Lvl 45, 142 Str) +8 Str

DEX loadout:
    Scorpion Helm of Horus (Lvl 45, 138 Dex) +8 Dex
    Sniper's Demon Dagger (Lvl 35, 112 Dex) +7 Dex
    Scorpion Leather of Horus (Lvl 45, 142 Dex) +8 Dex
    Force Wing of the Void (Lvl 50, 155 Dex) +11 Dex

There are flaws with my loadouts (Force Wing requiring 155 Dex) but at Level 55, I had no troubles running with this setup.

[Oh wow...I'm about to be booted for the Sandstone Cave update... See you all on the other side!]
    Last edited by neko; 05-02-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

No flaws in those loadouts neko

Personally, I don't use an Osiris/Horus/Thoth set to boost because of my crowns mostly, they just make it so easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

what's you opinion on the 135/1/143 dex bear build?

Let's you equip drainers, and you can still use pink STR gear for tanking. (for 55s, at 56, sure, go wear some two handed STR gear). I know you can't wear 2h str gear now, but hey, that's what dex is meant for. Dmg!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

135/143 sounds good, it'd depend on your boosters though since I wouldn't know what you can equip later on.

And I agree, that's what dex is for, damage. Str is just for tanking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Oh, you just need a double booster set... you can go as low as 125 if you really want to get the most dmg out of it. 123 with a crown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Yeah I remember, I dont really like not being able to switch gear at all though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Special section for those bears that don't want to tank :

Please remember, EVEN IF YOU CANNOT TANK AS WELL AS A PURE TANK, DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD NOT TANK.

The MAIN purpose of a BEAR, no matter what kind (Attack/Bow/Int/Dual) IS TO TANK!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how should i gear up if im just starting out? im lvl8 now and want to be a dex/str bear with dex more than str at endgame. shud i just use 1h/shield until i have enough dex for a decent bow/talon/wingshield? and any other recommended items?? many thanks i just started. only have a 2x mage and wanna try out a dex/str bear.
    Last edited by VisorDown; 06-09-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VisorDown View Post
    how should i gear up if im just starting out? im lvl8 now and want to be a dex/str bear with dex more than str at endgame. shud i just use 1h/shield until i have enough dex for a decent bow/talon/wingshield? and any other recommended items?? many thanks i just started. only have a 2x mage and wanna try out a dex/str bear.
    I'd recommend getting a Talon/Wing early on and maxing Rage to 6 as soon as you can. You'd be blowing through mobs once you have Rage 6.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I'd recommend getting a Talon/Wing early on and maxing Rage to 6 as soon as you can. You'd be blowing through mobs once you have Rage 6.
    okay thanks alot! im lvl17 atm. at 45str 44dex gonna keep questing. will find a decent talon/wing to keep up with the pot finance. thx loads!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VisorDown View Post
    okay thanks alot! im lvl17 atm. at 45str 44dex gonna keep questing. will find a decent talon/wing to keep up with the pot finance. thx loads!
    You're welcome!

I'd prefer using a bow/crossbow just to have that added range and power, but if your conscious on pot consumption then a talon/wing would definitely help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    You're welcome!

I'd prefer using a bow/crossbow just to have that added range and power, but if your conscious on pot consumption then a talon/wing would definitely help
    its cause of those mages.... some of them just dont wanna heal. it forces me to equip my bow and stay at the back and just rage/sms and the 2other slashes and then stomp and run back again. if they do heal, i would gladly take up the tanking job...