Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elondrian Rifle STILL Roots Through Stun Immunity!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Elondrian Rifle STILL Roots Through Stun Immunity!

Hello Developers,

Despite multiple fixes, Elondrian Rifle still roots through stun immunity effects like: Juggernaut, Mage Shield, Razor Shield, & Nekro Shield. Casting the skills before or after root do NOT remove the root effects of this gun despite so called fixes to this proc.

On top of this, there is no immunity for this proc so players can stack a team of mages with these guns and keep the entire team rooted for ages making PvP very luck based on the proc.

Please fix this...it's be unresolved for months despite developers stating that it in fact has been resolved.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

The gun hardly roots in PVP i believe DEV remove the root % in PVP.... irregardless single mage or stack

Root is not Stun why should it be immune? player can still shoot arrows or mage still cast light and FB
    Last edited by will0; 04-17-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Gun roots very much in pvp lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Serillia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

well..., even in dota, magic-immune units can still be bashed, and it never becomes a problem...

i consider player's skill is tightly related to action per minute, and mage have to do normal attack to root (when most pvp players say dodge are useless because most don't do normal attacks), okay it is based on luck, but still the mage have to quick enough to insert normal/charged attack between spells which is not so easy.

i think the problem is just the duration, root duration in pve and pvp should be different to make perma-stun almost impossible in pvp.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I just played a match of tdm, I couldnt do anything considering everytime that mage came into contact with me I got rooted because of that blasted gun. It gets annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Who roots you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    well..., even in dota, magic-immune units can still be bashed, and it never becomes a problem...

i consider player's skill is tightly related to action per minute, and mage have to do normal attack to root (when most pvp players say dodge are useless because most don't do normal attacks), okay it is based on luck, but still the mage have to quick enough to insert normal/charged attack between spells which is not so easy.

i think the problem is just the duration, root duration in pve and pvp should be different to make perma-stun almost impossible in pvp.
    You can stack these guns which makes it a very annoying thing to fight against in PvP. It was already verified as a glitch that was never properly fixed. All I am asking is for developers to fix it properly this time.

You no longer need a rogue anymore in clashes because there are 2 tanks and 3 mages who perma-root the other team. Stun immunities, which should work against it, do not and this creates the current situation that we have now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

As much as I hate being rooted, I think it should stay considering that they are the weaker class of pvp and who knows when mages will get their balance buff.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    As much as I hate being rooted, I think it should stay considering that they are the weaker class of pvp and who knows when mages will get their balance buff.
    Mages are pretty fine as is. There's another little glitch that I'll bring up at some point soon that will benefit them quite a bit. On equal gear it's now very possible to kill a rogue and used to be alright with warrior too before the unintended axe buff happened that'll probably stay as is for quite some time if not forever.

Now generally, weapon procs used to override stun immunity anyway. But since they attempted to fix that for maul and the elondrian gun, they might've changed their minds about that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Root proc works fine according to me. Doesnt proc enough for 3 mages to spam auto-attack and root-lock mobs/players and doesnt spam too rarely. Root proc is fine it should stay at is.
    I can show you footage where every single clash, a Mage procs gun and there's no way to prevent yourself from getting hit by it.

A broken mechanic should not be considered balance.

@Ravager
    Sorcerers did get their balance buff - stun immunity. They're now capable of killing other classes. If they cannot, I would place blame on gear or lack of skill.

@Madnex
    Weapon procs used to override the 7 second stun immunity rule which is OKAY. However, they did not override any stun immunity skills like Jugg, Nekro Shield, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Developers probably won't do anything with this, especially since you are not stunned. I can tell you that the elon gun procs every so often, but it still comes down to how good or bad your team is. I've been on a team of mages with Elon guns and still lost.....There are a lot of things in pvp that need to be rethought, but this is probably not high on the totem pole (if at all). Simply finding a proc annoying is not sufficient enough reason to change.

There has to be a widespread problem where one group is killing everyone with reckless abandon. The way you have described it makes it sound that way, but in reality it's not.

Just my humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujimasun View Post
    =
    There has to be a widespread problem where one group is killing everyone with reckless abandon. The way you have described it makes it sound that way, but in reality it's not.
    This is exactly what a group of players do in an organized clash. Instead of keeping teams balanced on both sides, the team will give up a rogue for a mage w/ elo gun & curse. Behold, root galore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I can show you footage where every single clash, a Mage procs gun and there's no way to prevent yourself from getting hit by it.

A broken mechanic should not be considered balance.

@Ravager
    Sorcerers did get their balance buff - stun immunity. They're now capable of killing other classes. If they cannot, I would place blame on gear or lack of skill.

@Madnex
    Weapon procs used to override the 7 second stun immunity rule which is OKAY. However, they did not override any stun immunity skills like Jugg, Nekro Shield, etc.
    Are they done balancing? I thought it was still the in works and more balances were being determined.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Are they done balancing? I thought it was still the in works and more balances were being determined.
    If they do any more i think it will be too much.
    I can kill most evenly geared rogues, 50-50 with equally geared and skilled, and some higher geared ones if they underestimate me or have no idea how to play.

Wars on the other hand......
    Wars now can keep a mage at 827 armor(mythic ring, armor, helm, talisman, expe gun) for a good duration of the fight. Also, wars tend to skill cancel me enough for it to be very noticeable and effective. Tanks now with legendary gear can easily take me down without competition... at least before I would win 80% of the time because of gear.

Back to the topic at hand:
    Overall I think an immunity should be placed on these weapons however, they should be able to work around stun immunity to keep some value. Perhaps in pvp they can also shorten the duration of the root.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Let's keep it real here. Rogues are still way more op than mages. The elondrian gun root does not prevent you from attacking or healing. It works the same way as crawly's AA.

You can't ask sts to remove the root from this gun without totally trashing this weapon. Removing root essentially is asking them to remove the 25% armor defuff as well and that was surely intended to work in pvp. Further, you must remember we were given that proc during a time that mages were getting stepped on by warriors. It allows us some breathing room.
    While rooted, rogues cant get to packs...in clashes tanks wont be able to heal the whole party ;-;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Let's keep it real here. Rogues are still way more op than mages. The elondrian gun root does not prevent you from attacking or healing. It works the same way as crawly's AA.

You can't ask sts to remove the root from this gun without totally trashing this weapon. Removing root essentially is asking them to remove the 25% armor defuff as well and that was surely intended to work in pvp. Further, you must remember we were given that proc during a time that mages were getting stepped on by warriors. It allows us some breathing room.
    If that is the case, why are rogues swapped for sorcerers in nearly every clash?

It does not work the same as crawly's AA. Crawly's AA adheres to stun immunity rules and will fail if there's a stun immunity buff in play.

I am NOT asking for STG to remove the root from this gun without totally trashing this weapon - I am asking for them to fix the glitched override on stun immunity spells that the gun currently gives. What's the use of a stun immunity spell if I can still be rooted? Let us not exaggerate - developers have acknowledged that this was an unintentional glitch. I am just asking for them to properly fix the prior attempt for this bug.

Sorcerers are no longer weak by any means and certainly shouldn't be given a glitched gun as a means of balance. Weapons are not balancing scales, but skills are. What will happen when the next mythic weekend comes along and the elondrian gun is outdated?

The root proc does have a lot of range and it can spread from target to target. Each target it hits has a chance of spreading to the next target. This can cause an entire team to be rooted at once & then for the effect to be applied over and over - something which happens in PvP all too much when stacking of mages occurs. Let us not even mention that one can be rooted and then pushed back or axed whilst being rooted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If that is the case, why are rogues swapped for sorcerers in nearly every clash? The AOE damage sorcerers now produce is similar to that of a rogue and w/ a gun that can be stacked and ignore stun immunity, it's a no brainer what class is of more use in PvP.

It does not work the same as crawly's AA. Crawly's AA adheres to stun immunity rules and will fail if there's a stun immunity buff in play.

I am NOT asking for STG to remove the root from this gun without totally trashing this weapon - I am asking for them to fix the glitched override on stun immunity spells that the gun currently gives. What's the use of a stun immunity spell if I can still be rooted? Let us not exaggerate - developers have acknowledged that this was an unintentional glitch. I am just asking for them to properly fix the prior attempt for this bug.

Sorcerers are no longer weak by any means and certainly shouldn't be given a glitched gun as a means of balance. Weapons are not balancing scales, but skills are. What will happen when the next mythic weekend comes along and the elondrian gun is outdated?

The root proc does have a lot of range and it can spread from target to target. Each target it hits has a chance of spreading to the next target. This can cause an entire team to be rooted at once & then for the effect to be applied over and over - something which happens in PvP all too much when stacking of mages occurs. Let us not even mention that one can be rooted and then pushed back or axed whilst being rooted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

That SnS thing is ridiculous, we should be able to do it with all pets.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Looks like rogues had their shine time in PvP, its the era of the mages now sonny boy(jk). Anyways, rogues still have the upper hand in a 1v1 situation, all you need to do is aim and nox a mage and its good game. Also, clash means most enemies will be in one spot. Its only reasonable to ask for a mage.. Rogues override any armor buff nowadays so fast anyways, let mages compete in PvP. There's bigger issues to be fixed at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm at a loss for words. There's a million and one bugs in this game and this is where you guys wanna campaign? I think we should first look at why multiple sns arcane abilities are able to stack. This is a major oversight and if anyone says the words "exclusive" I'm gonna puke. If 5 samael AAs are activated at one time, you don't get a super panic. You lose 4 AAs and they go to waste. Same goes for singe, nekro and maridos. Then why is it that 5 players on the same team can activate 5 sns AAs at the same time to create an unbearable environment that nobody can survive? This is the reality of ctf for the past year Zeus and you're on the delivering end of that punishment. I think this should be a more pressing issue instead of a random proc that may or may not happen.

And from what I've witnessed, people don't swap out for mages, they swap out for more sns.

Forgive me if this comes across as a thread hijack but i just wanted to use that as an example.

Going back to my original comment, our root proc has a 25% debuff and that is not something that anyone can have immunity from or be able to clear.

You're looking for a glitch as a means of balance...that shouldn't ever happen. It's been acknowledged as a glitch and only a matter of time before it is fixed.