Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: B* Ask Questions!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Thanks. Guns should be fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Think with combat it's:

1. Tab-targetting or touch targetting as per PL
    2. Think it is: 3 classes correspond to tank (Commando/Bear), DPS (Operative/Bird), Healer (Engineer/Elf)
    3. Projectiles work similar to ranged weapons/magic in PL. I guess Commando as another poster said will have short-range power rdps and the Op will be longer ranged spike dps etc. In the features they mention holograms, dust cannons

Ideas:

• I'd like to see emphasis on shooting and cover
    • Weapon sets incl. Ranged weapon and switch to melee with a cool-down ie 2 weapon slots
    • Prefer more hybrid so healer/tanks are not essential for combat ie everyone is a bit dps, heals a bit ie equip based.
    • Is there a better mexhanic than pots for energy & health. I know these are good gold sinks but I'd prefer less grind, farming?

Food for thought anyhow...
    Last edited by ratava; 04-05-2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: items confirmed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only have 1 question and I would have to say:

Can banned PL players still play Blackstar??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UniitsHD View Post
    I only have 1 question and I would have to say:

Can banned PL players still play Blackstar??
    From JustG:

Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Link to full Terms of Service here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rms-of-Service

We tell you the short version every time you log in:

Spacetime Studios wants Pocket Legends to be a fun, safe place for all players!

We ask that you abide by the following rules:

1) Keep all chat clean!
    2) Do not ask for another player's account information! And don’t give anyone else your own!
    3) Do not do anything that will ruin another user's play experience!

Violations of our Terms of Service can result in suspension of your account or a permanent ban.

Just be cool, and we'll be cool. However, if you are banned in one of our games, you will be banned in all of our games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That helps... wish JustG could erase the last sentence...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm with Elly, what's the combat like? Do the heavy guys tank or is it purely dps? Also, are there melee weapons?
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Necrobane View Post
    I'm with Elly, what's the combat like? Do the heavy guys tank or is it purely dps? Also, are there melee weapons?
    Here's a pic of the Commando: Tank & Taunt & high armour/toughness

Here's more on the combat:

Puzzling combat

A new combat system differentiates Blackstar from Pocket Legends too. While the game disappointingly retains bland tap combat system - a more engaging real-time battle mechanic would be preferrable - there's an emphasis on tactics that ups the challenge.

For instance, destroying a powerful turret in one of the game's opening stages requires a smart tactical approach rather than simply running in to attack. First, you need to eliminate a nearby guard, then break the adjacent terminal, and finally bust up the turret to proceed.

Spacetime Studios wants to infuse the gameplay with variety rather than loading the game down purely with combat, so expect puzzles to pop up frequently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I remember seeing that picture before, that's what got me confused though.

Aren't tanks supposed to be melee, front-liners, meat shields? Unless that massive gun I see is something like a huge tazer type weapon :P

Just gets me confused how we're supposed to tank if all of us are firing from a distance anyway?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I remember seeing that picture before, that's what got me confused though.

Aren't tanks supposed to be melee, front-liners, meat shields? Unless that massive gun I see is something like a huge tazer type weapon :P

Just gets me confused how we're supposed to tank if all of us are firing from a distance anyway?
    This reminds me a lot of Borderlands, another weapons based RPG. In that the 'bear' used heavy weaponry like Rocket Launchers, Grenade Launchers and Heavy Machine Guns. The 'mage' used small caliber fully automatic sub-machine guns with DOT effects on the bullets, and the 'bird' used sniper rifles (not really do able for this game) and high powered revolvers and machine pistols.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    This reminds me a lot of Borderlands, another weapons based RPG. In that the 'bear' used heavy weaponry like Rocket Launchers, Grenade Launchers and Heavy Machine Guns. The 'mage' used small caliber fully automatic sub-machine guns with DOT effects on the bullets, and the 'bird' used sniper rifles (not really do able for this game) and high powered revolvers and machine pistols.
    Interesting

Did they actually tank too? I guess I'm just used to melee tanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Interesting

Did they actually tank too? I guess I'm just used to melee tanks
    They had a berserker 'ability' where they could wildly whoop on the mobs, but it they were not primarily melee. They of course did have higher armor and health so they could lead from the front.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

They had a berserker 'ability' where they could wildly whoop on the mobs, but it they were not primarily melee. They of course did have higher armor and health so they could lead from the front.
    Sounds good. Can't wait to play this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Sounds good. Can't wait to play this game.
    Of course, that was Borderlands. Will see how they do this. Interesting thing from Borderlands, was that all classes could use all weapons, but their skills made using certain weapons preferable. Like all classes could use a fire SMG, but only the 'mage' class had a skill that could increase the time and damage of the DOT fire. Similarly the 'assassin' could increase damage and accuracy of sniper rifles, and berzerkers could increase the explosion the of RPGs.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Of course, that was Borderlands. Will see how they do this. Interesting thing from Borderlands, was that all classes could use all weapons, but their skills made using certain weapons preferable. Like all classes could use a fire SMG, but only the 'mage' class had a skill that could increase the time and damage of the DOT fire. Similarly the 'assassin' could increase damage and accuracy of sniper rifles, and berzerkers could increase the explosion the of RPGs.
    Yeah thats one of my main questions too, how will gameplay be like. They say its just like PL, tank dps support, but I wonder if things like passive skills would be introduced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

We know it will retain the tap-targetting system from PL.

I wonder if AMMO will be a resource mechanic in this game with/as well as cool-downs instead of manna etc?

The UI looks nice and uncluttered here and those 2 cylinders could be health and ammo?

I think as Fluff says, the tank will have heavy weapons, be able to take damage and be able to taunt Alien-type melee aliens towards himself away from the squishiers. But seems PvP will benefit from everyone shooting everyone, I'm guessing and different guns having different effects etc.

Guess there will be some melee moves or AoE grenades that knock-down perhaps? etc...

I'm hoping cover and dodging enemy projectiles/splash damage is possible also.

As Fluff says, will be interesting to see how the attributes stats will be done eg how effective they are with weapons etc.
    Last edited by ratava; 04-05-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Another Q for the devs incoming...

Q: When will you update the blackstargame.com website? (I'd suggest you update the story of B* ; add more concept art ; some lore eg NPC races, VIPs, locations & history etc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh so Im sure there was a STS job going a couple of weeks ago for a community person and there isnt now, assuming they are there now, maybe they just need a couple more days of blending into the team, finding the best time to grab coffee without having to refill the pot, figuring their route to work etc. We could be looking at something real soon maybe? Im with Ratava, some more storyline would be super fine for us more mature players who have increasingly shrinking imaginations, we need the brain food and a head start with the hype please !

UCDF Induction Exam Question 4563
    Q? If Riven's are dead Scorn's, dead Riven's are ? A= A good days work
    UCDF.org is online

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a Q-
    Will there be ammo in the game or will it be an infinite stock like pocket legends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

^lol. When coffee is involved it's gotta be done just right. That definitely buys them a few more days in my book.

Q: Will targetting be automatic with % chance hits as per PL or will we have to FACE the enemy and shoot?! Might add another layer of skill to combat? Especially if most offense is projectiles from guns.

Q: Here's an idea: Could the ground portion of B* be done on the mobile devices while the space portion on a PC/Mac client?!
    Last edited by ratava; 04-08-2011 at 03:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ratava View Post
    Q: Will targetting be automatic with % chance hits as per PL or will we have to FACE the enemy and shoot?! Might add another layer of skill to combat? Especially if most offense is projectiles from guns.
    Oh lol please no! I've just tried Dungeon Hunters where that's a 'feature' - it's very hard to control when your only control is the virtual joystick; you try to move to the side a little and suddenly you're facing the wrong way, and you have to run all the way around in a circle to straighten yourself. Also at the size of these characters on the screen it can be hard to tell which way you're facing.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial