Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: B* Ask Questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Agree with Kal's point, I had the same experience with DH.

I can understand that happening in games like WoW, but you have the ease of a mouse and WASD for movement.

Judging from the screenshot, I'm assuming that's the Commando, which is the bear right?

Attacking from that far as a tank, and having taunt skills, it makes me think that tanking in the game would actually be more like kiting. Just a guess though. Either that, or the bird/mage equivalent in B* would have a lot of range? Or the tanks themselves would still attack from a melee distance despite having a ranged weapon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Good points Elly. I am thinking this is going to be like dual DEX-STR bears right off the start

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Good points Elly. I am thinking this is going to be like dual DEX-STR bears right off the start
    Good for us then! Not much steering away from PL :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    Oh lol please no! I've just tried Dungeon Hunters where that's a 'feature' - it's very hard to control when your only control is the virtual joystick; you try to move to the side a little and suddenly you're facing the wrong way, and you have to run all the way around in a circle to straighten yourself. Also at the size of these characters on the screen it can be hard to tell which way you're facing.
    Good reply and interesting you have experienced DH and it does not work out too well with the Virtual "touch-stick". That's good to know. I wondering how projectiles will work in PL in that case, if at all improved or different, seeing as we're onto ranged-guns et al?

Another Q devs: In PL the UI is v cramped for space:

Skills on the right going a few columns/rows deep and on the base of the screen a ton of chat/map & other options...

Will B* UI be as minimal and spare of buttons as possible; preferable even more than PL? IE: Could weapons slotted dictate SKILLS displayed/usable so if you run out of ammo for one weapon (your preferred powerful lazer-bazooka!) you switch to another weapon with more ammo resource but obviously different skills (eg rapid bullet fire/spray + single-shot grenade etc)?

Think this implementation IMPROVES the UI, improves gameplay and strategy and provides another way for you to design levels &/or "gold/credits" sinks?!

[Maybe skills on the right will be stuck with, but the above solution does help the UI and gives players choice and thinking about their ammo etc]
    Last edited by ratava; 04-09-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I know the devs are busy but sheesh think they should try answering some questions. The days are getting shorter till release day just hope we are not in the dark when it launches.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rief View Post
    I know the devs are busy but sheesh think they should try answering some questions. The days are getting shorter till release day just hope we are not in the dark when it launches.
    Timing is the esssence... they prly put in a big week and were soaking up a few brewskis last night and won't be hitting the offices for another hr or 2 (on a Sat morn.!).

"Take your time devs, you guys are the best!" ~ see what I did there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how do you upload a your profile picture?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I wonder how the lag is going to be with every character shooting all of those plasma weapons/bullets, while casting spells and such. I could see it getting pretty dragged down. I'm sure they will release B* with GCD already incorporated though, so maybe that will help.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The blue can

I think the weapons will likely work something like this,
    Red can is health.
    Blue can (on the GUI) is energy for the blasters, when it gets to zero you can't perform special attacks. Weapons still work but at base dps. That would seem most in line with PL and mana......... cause they could just have them not work at zero.....in which case the engineer with monster gloves would be a good asset

UCDF Induction Exam Question 4563
    Q? If Riven's are dead Scorn's, dead Riven's are ? A= A good days work
    UCDF.org is online

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maddogcharlie View Post
    I think the weapons will likely work something like this,
    Red can is health.
    Blue can (on the GUI) is energy for the blasters, when it gets to zero you can't perform special attacks. Weapons still work but at base dps. That would seem most in line with PL and mana......... cause they could just have them not work at zero.....in which case the engineer with monster gloves would be a good asset
    It will likely work this way, and not a bad thing, but I'd prefer they made the resource sink eg ammo/health pots a bit more interesting eg limited number per level and the ability to pick-up clips/health packs every so often to keep topped up. Eg players will be helping each by combined fire but helping THEMSELVES by trying to race other players to the "pick-ups/power-ups"!

I think ammo specific for types of guns and/or limited ammo with pick-ups in strategic places in the maps would make the gameplay more interesting than spamming pots?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Chess vs Space invaders

Quote Originally Posted by ratava View Post
    It will likely work this way, and not a bad thing, but I'd prefer they made the resource sink eg ammo/health pots a bit more interesting eg limited number per level and the ability to pick-up clips/health packs every so often to keep topped up. Eg players will be helping each by combined fire but helping THEMSELVES by trying to race other players to the "pick-ups/power-ups"!

I think ammo specific for types of guns and/or limited ammo with pick-ups in strategic places in the maps would make the gameplay more interesting than spamming pots?!
    You are right that would encourage a more strategic game plan (which they hinted at), they would just have to gauge the levels and drops correctly so newbies wouldnt be running out constantly. Otherwise some wouldnt be 'held' by the game eg: Chess vs space invaders. SWG and others have shown us its all in the balance.

Big marketing advantage of PL is that you can still play while piloting a transatlantic aircraft, stuck on the freeway, in a boring politics seminar, drilling for oil or belaying your rock climbing buddy.....yes gold.....'what was that?'......yes safe sorry......'you got me then?'.....What?.....((The remainder of the post removed for the graphic content of the injuries sustained))

Just joking kids - Always play responsibly

Im with you Ratava more strategy would be good, keep all us addicts/fanatics/crazy people (delete as appropriate) with the game for longer and the Dev's a chance to catch up with us with new updates.

UCDF Induction Exam Question 4563
    Q? If Riven's are dead Scorn's, dead Riven's are ? A= A good days work
    UCDF.org is online

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maddogcharlie View Post
    You are right that would encourage a more strategic game plan (which they hinted at), they would just have to gauge the levels and drops correctly so newbies wouldnt be running out constantly. Otherwise some wouldnt be 'held' by the game eg: Chess vs space invaders. SWG and others have shown us its all in the balance.

Big marketing advantage of PL is that you can still play while piloting a transatlantic aircraft, stuck on the freeway, in a boring politics seminar, drilling for oil or belaying your rock climbing buddy.....yes gold.....'what was that?'......yes safe sorry......'you got me then?'.....What?.....((The remainder of the post removed for the graphic content of the injuries sustained))

Just joking kids - Always play responsibly

Im with you Ratava more strategy would be good, keep all us addicts/fanatics/crazy people (delete as appropriate) with the game for longer and the Dev's a chance to catch up with us with new updates.
    Thanks for the comments & "Only try this if you're an expert!" additions.

Eg: In co-op games you wipe a level and help each other with teamwork, timing, communication etc but when the last mob is done, there's a mad dash "free-for-all" scramble for loot. I like this additional gameplay switch from best mates to worst enemies!

Another Q: Will PvP be totally separate to PvE?

ie: So that PvP everyone has same skills/baseline stats and access to all weapons or choices so PvP is easier to 1. Balance 2. Matches are open to all so total pool of players is large to ensure a game and stats can be compared to everyone else etc
    Last edited by ratava; 04-10-2011 at 03:10 AM. Reason: clarity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this game Free or buyable?
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaw View Post
    Is this game Free or buyable?
    See Unofficial FAQ

9) Will the game continue the current pay model of Pocket Legends?

Yep!

Same pricing model, same plat applies to both games.
    Freemium:

1. Free to download and make an avatar up to a certain level or area of the game.
    2. In-App; in-game purchasing using the game's in-game currency platinum to progress further, add more gameplay options.
    3. EXACTLY the same as PL, pretty much.
    4. You will be able to use Platinum from your PL game in B* & visa-versa when STS create Spacetime Accounts across both games.

For more on Platinum: Official FAQ on iOS and for Android.
    Last edited by ratava; 04-10-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Re: Previous discussion:

Q: Can we have specs on which iOS and Android B* will work on?

eg I currently have my old trusty 2G iPhone and PL still works a treat on that... although it'd be nice for it to work on that, I hope that does not hold back the game's development working on "lesser devices" atst?! This quote from Gattis comes to mind:

"we just barely scratched the surface of what the Spacetime Engine could do" in that game, according to Gattis.
    It would be awesome to see the Spacetime Engine stepping up a few gears!
    Last edited by ratava; 04-11-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

my questions:
    will the spells be the same as in pl? like heal, res, etc.
    what kind of weapons will there be?
    will there be "sets"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

o, and will we be able to access our purchased platinum that we have used and transfer it over to B*? ive put a lot of money into pl and it would be a great reward for us. i think it would be nice lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

lmao one more question...what will the currency be called? MOONROCKS? that would be beast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

@ Mothwing: Have a gander at the Unofficial FAQ thread in the B* General Discussion, posted by Varking. Should answer your questions a bit.

Here's some info but not full on answers:

1. Platinum will be shared across games so Plat bought in PL <=> B* is exchangeable. Confirmed by devs! Doubt they will change the name; prl change the coins thumbnail symbol into futuristic bars I'd guess? Saves confusion I reckon?!
    2. Thousands of items will be available eg quote: "dustcannon, hologram". The in-game pic of the operative standing next to the Commando shows duel-weilding pistols (futuristic) but I think they have short beams of light energy so can be used as futuristic daggers in melée... Not sure bit think so?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Summary of Questions: moved:

Edit: Moved Summary to end of thread...
    Last edited by ratava; 04-20-2011 at 05:37 AM.