Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Lifecycle..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    Again like I said, with a good mage he know how to crowd control that. That's y I said most mags
    are average or below average players.
    Ipoopsy strikes back!
    I really want to see you in elite with all your suggestions: Mage using heal, limited ankhs, no pot using...
    I guess you have never been in elite nordr/shuyal/tindrin/tombs/arena
    I always don´t know if you have big fun when you posting big crap or if your opinions are serious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    Ipoopsy strikes back!
    I really want to see you in elite with all your suggestions: Mage using heal, limited ankhs, no pot using...
    I guess you have never been in elite nordr/shuyal/tindrin/tombs/arena
    I always don´t know if you have big fun when you posting big crap or if your opinions are serious
    Did he say about using No pots?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    That would be awful. Pots are wonderful. If they get changed, the game will suffer.
    Pots Ruin the Game ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    Did he say about using No pots?
    Sure, he obviously support almost all bad ideas

Name:  Výstřižek.PNG
Views: 211
Size:  13.8 KB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jirikjurasek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

If your dead, you can't pot. :P
    Run elites relying on your life giver.
    then run same map relying on pots.
    Let us know where you ended up dead.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Sure, he obviously support almost all bad ideas

Name:  Výstřižek.PNG
Views: 211
Size:  13.8 KB
    That's suggestion of removing Pots in Elites/Other harder Zones,He just supported to Remove pots in those Zones and he did not say that no using of pots when it is available

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Lifegiver draws aggros.
    If a mage is struggling on hp and he uses heal, more mobs will be aggroed and Rest in peace mage.

Being a rogue I like mana gifts but I never rely on a mage for mana.
    The cool down of a lifegiver is long enough to finish my mana bar 3-4 times already. I can't and never depend on a life giver. It will be terribly slow run if people start relying on eachothers heal mana gifts instead of pots.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I do agree with you, 100%.

Only great mages uses lifegiver. And the rest that don't. Are mostly just average to below average mages.

Just remember one thing...Dead players means they deal ZERO DAMAGE. I repeat ZERO DAMAGE.

Even if your lucky to pot, there are most time you can't pot in time and guess what? LIFEGIVER just safe your life by giving u that xtra 1-2 sec that you need to pot. Even if you use ankh to revived, it's still wasted time that you could have been attacking more if a mage uses LIFEGIVER.

And the majority of most people who does use pot, guess what again? That means they are attacking less if they pot (while running away from boss and try to pot and hopefully they pot in time, while they not attacking). Most players can't multitasked well.

And for the people who can MULTI-TASK, most likely they probably play on a computer, that's why they have all those hotkeys set. (Don't get me wrong, i do pot, but with a mage who uses LIFEGIVER it's a bonus.

Like i said, it's a bonus in an ELITE RUN if a Mage uses LIFEGIVER, doesn't matter if it's PVE or PVP. ALL Those things are the results of TEAMWORK.
    And who do you think you are to call others just average to below average mage??

Exactly dead player means they deal zero damage. You won't have to repeat it. When you use lifegiver, you draw aggroo of all the mobs if you are really one of those GREATEST MAGES (as you said), you should know it.
    And when you aggroed all the mobs and if your party don't save you, you are dead. ZERO DAMAGE as you said.
    Warriors are there to take aggros. You little mage trying to be fatties, very bad idea.

"Even if your lucky to pot, there are most time you can't pot in time and guess what?"
    What does that mean? When and why you cant pot in time? Do your pot vanishes or finger gets an urgent scratching call?
    anyway for us, we can always pot. I don't know why Greatest mages (as you said) can't.

"And the majority of most people who does use pot, guess what again? That means they are attacking less if they pot (while running away from boss and try to pot and hopefully they pot in time, while they not attacking). Most players can't multitasked well."
    Huh what? Multitask? Are you serious? Are you okay? What are you talking about? People attack less while using pot?
    Zzzzz.... nice jokes.

anyway, you talked all what have no logic. [People attack less while potting cuz people are not well at multitasking when they are not playing from computer... jeez whattha]

Heal or no heal its a personal choice. But lifegiver don't save you. It draws unwanted agros.
    The mana you give through it, rogues don't depend on it.
    Lifegiver cant fulfil the mana usage of rogues. Mages are better with another skill in pve.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Sorry, ridiculous.

Traditionally, one class has the healing skill (the support class) while others, if they did not have this class in the party, would have to rely on potions (which were often rare and expensive). Not so in AL. Pots are cheap. Besides, a mage without heal = a mage who does more damage faster = faster runs. Faster runs = greater efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    This thread gave me a good laugh. Any mage who uses heal in anything harder than elite dead city is not a mage I would run with again period. It is much faster to spend the pots that rely on mages for mana. They are better off with an extra damaging skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Can we all agree that the only skill less useful in elites than Lifegiver is Shadow Storm Shot?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Can we all agree that the only skill less useful in elites than Lifegiver is Shadow Storm Shot?
    That's not a mage skill ._.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I don't get the theory that a mage heal will "save your life by giving you time to pot"

I have been running elites since season 1, and not once have I encountered a situation where I could not pot "fast enough".

- If you are going to be one-hit, there is no saving you.

- If you are lagging, a single heal won't keep you alive.

- If you have a massive group of mobs and the mage heals, he's going to be dead, which then leaves 3 team members to handle the aggro - which means they will die.

- Refilling mana requires a full skill charge, which means if you're planning on saving others in mana pots, you are not only wasting a skill slot, you are also wasting 2-3 seconds every time you use the skill.

And guess what? Any end-gamer with any skill at all will have over 90% hp and mana most of the fight - so all this to recover maybe 100hp and 50mana for someone? Pointless.

- Anyone relying on a mage to keep them alive in elite will be dead before the first c/d is finished.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    That's not a mage skill ._.
    curse, shield, gale force, lifegiver

pro build

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post

pro build
    Its build for that "only great mages"

Name:  tumblr_l5n4xvAHKE1qb1rwho1_500.png
Views: 181
Size:  169.3 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

pro build
    i need to laugh at that ,seen that before

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    And who do you think you are to call others just average to below average mage??

Exactly dead player means they deal zero damage. You won't have to repeat it. When you use lifegiver, you draw aggroo of all the mobs if you are really one of those GREATEST MAGES (as you said), you should know it.
    And when you aggroed all the mobs and if your party don't save you, you are dead. ZERO DAMAGE as you said.
    Warriors are there to take aggros. You little mage trying to be fatties, very bad idea.

"Even if your lucky to pot, there are most time you can't pot in time and guess what?"
    What does that mean? When and why you cant pot in time? Do your pot vanishes or finger gets an urgent scratching call?
    anyway for us, we can always pot. I don't know why Greatest mages (as you said) can't.

Huh what? Multitask? Are you serious? Are you okay? What are you talking about? People attack less while using pot?
    Zzzzz.... nice jokes.

anyway, you talked all what have no logic. [People attack less while potting cuz people are not well at multitasking when they are not playing from computer... jeez whattha]

Heal or no heal its a personal choice. But lifegiver don't save you. It draws unwanted agros.
    The mana you give through it, rogues don't depend on it.
    Lifegiver cant fulfil the mana usage of rogues. Mages are better with another skill in pve.
    We must all bow down to the lord of the sass,dex scene, our saviour against the heal mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Its build for that "only great mages"
    so my fart make rain clouds above the mobs

it is only effective with rally cry, i bet you didnt have that skill..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

so my fart make rain clouds above the mobs

it is only effective with rally cry, i bet you didnt have that skill..
    Name:  The_Flash.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  45.0 KB

11 letters message

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jirikjurasek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

I do agree with you, 100%.

Only great mages uses lifegiver. And the rest that don't. Are mostly just average to below average mages.

Just remember one thing...Dead players means they deal ZERO DAMAGE. I repeat ZERO DAMAGE.

Even if your lucky to pot, there are most time you can't pot in time and guess what? LIFEGIVER just safe your life by giving u that xtra 1-2 sec that you need to pot. Even if you use ankh to revived, it's still wasted time that you could have been attacking more if a mage uses LIFEGIVER.

And the majority of most people who does use pot, guess what again? That means they are attacking less if they pot (while running away from boss and try to pot and hopefully they pot in time, while they not attacking). Most players can't multitasked well.

And for the people who can MULTI-TASK, most likely they probably play on a computer, that's why they have all those hotkeys set. (Don't get me wrong, i do pot, but with a mage who uses LIFEGIVER it's a bonus.

Like i said, it's a bonus in an ELITE RUN if a Mage uses LIFEGIVER, doesn't matter if it's PVE or PVP. ALL Those things are the results of TEAMWORK.

There are three things that could be the cause of your "most time you cant pot in time".

1. You have a bad tank.
    2. You dont have a tank.
    3. You are bad at crowd control.

To attack while potting you also have to have a good crowd control i.e. rooting the enemies with clocks/stunning with fireball.
    Ive ran elite tarewa during its hay days and not once have i ever appreciated a mage with heal. Its defintely a bonus tho if you have another mage with you that actually does crowd control.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lifegiver should be renamed to Lifetaker.

Because let's face it, at endgame elite this skill will kill a pty instantly. As everyone has said, heal draws aggro. I have seen a full planar tomb mob leave a warrior using taunt and turn on a mage with full and ruthless attention when they use this skill, and once the mage goes down it's not too long before the warrior and rogue are potting like mad and running for their lives. This goes double if you're using the regen upgrades.

This skill is only for noobs leveling to cap and/or pvp, where healing is a necessary evil.

But If you plan on being a real endgame mage you will lose this skill the moment you step into an elite map, otherwise your asking you and your party to farm deaths and waste revives.

Singlehandedly the worst skill in the game after Shadow Storm Shot.

That is all.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt