Name:  cycli.png
Views: 233
Size:  14.5 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Would be tons of fun to make maps without HP potions to force some party balance. Right now a big part of the issue is the ability of the DPS to spam healing potions.
    That would be awful. Pots are wonderful. If they get changed, the game will suffer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    As long pots are available, my opinion, lifegiver in pve is totaly useless (endgame). Reason :
    1. Lost 1 slot skill, u can swap it with offensive one
    2. Elite mobs hit hard, no chance u will be able to survive from using lifegiver only (2-3 hit u dead)

Same goes to rogue with medic pack in elite maps.
    Have to agree, my Rogue has never used medic pack, and my Mage has never used heal.
    My mage is set up with 4 attack spells (with the stun options) since I normally play solo.
    Just makes more sense to dish out damage and use potions for healing, has worked fine for me so far.

I've also been lucky enough to 'not' have ended up in parties with mana beggars, 8^).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Very nice, I remember 2 year ago I was farmin elite jarl without potions but that time has been passed.. If you try to run nowadays without pots, you just spend more time on maps and you waste your gaming time. If you rely on pots, I suggest to change your gameplay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    do you think everyone uses it?

to fill mana bar fully ,you need to use 3Pots,Mostly Rogues can use 6-8Skills with full bar

then you know how much pots rogues use and you say LifeGiver useless? Don't make me rude

Agree with me or not..its the lifecycle
    The time they spend typing could be used dealing more damage. The skill slot you waste on heal only allows for 2dmg dealing skills which in most parties would make u useless when it comes to killing.
    Party will end up using more hp/mana pots killing the mobs that you're hardly contributing to.

What I'm getting from this is "only use for randoms"
    Last edited by CheifR; 05-26-2015 at 02:21 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Go as A Rogue,I bet you are not a Rogue
    Unless it's pvp or ur a mage just coming up in a game lifegiver is stupid to have. If you can't afford pots don't run higher elites where you're really expected to take damage and drain mana. BTW I play as both mage and rogue in end game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

So,I noticed everyone Fighting over Buffing other's HP/Mana In Fights,Read this if you use LifeGiver, Here is the Life Cycle,

Mage and a Warrior

Mage Gives Mana = Warrior Uses HoR = Mage can Survive without Pots

Mage does not gives Mana = Warrior Can not use HoR = Mage MAY die

Mage and Rogue

Mage Gives mana = Rogue spawns HP packs = Mage can also Pick it (OR) Rogue can Kill Boss Faster

Mage Does not Give mana = Rogue does not spawn HP Packs = Rogue Dies (OR) Killing Boss takes More Time!(Seriously,you ask a rogue to burn 100Mana Pots who is Helping you in a Party?)

Rogue and Warrior
    WE NEED MAGE! <----- Absolutely True

Remember ! Life Giver Plays a Major Role in PvE and PvP,if you use Life Giver and when someone asks for Mana just Give them Mana as it gives Extra Mana for you too!
    I do agree with you, 100%.

Only great mages uses lifegiver. And the rest that don't. Are mostly just average to below average mages.

Just remember one thing...Dead players means they deal ZERO DAMAGE. I repeat ZERO DAMAGE.

Even if your lucky to pot, there are most time you can't pot in time and guess what? LIFEGIVER just safe your life by giving u that xtra 1-2 sec that you need to pot. Even if you use ankh to revived, it's still wasted time that you could have been attacking more if a mage uses LIFEGIVER.

And the majority of most people who does use pot, guess what again? That means they are attacking less if they pot (while running away from boss and try to pot and hopefully they pot in time, while they not attacking). Most players can't multitasked well.

And for the people who can MULTI-TASK, most likely they probably play on a computer, that's why they have all those hotkeys set. (Don't get me wrong, i do pot, but with a mage who uses LIFEGIVER it's a bonus.

Like i said, it's a bonus in an ELITE RUN if a Mage uses LIFEGIVER, doesn't matter if it's PVE or PVP. ALL Those things are the results of TEAMWORK.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ipoopsy For This Useful Post:

-no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

lifegiver draws aggro more efficiently then every warrior taunt. i would rather have the mage in my party using another attack with stun chance instead to buy us more time then watch him commit suicide by using lifegiver in hard elites.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post

Only great mages uses lifegiver. And the rest that don't. Are mostly just average to below average mages.

Just remember one thing...Dead players means they deal ZERO DAMAGE. I repeat ZERO DAMAGE.

Even if your lucky to pot, there are most time you can't pot in time and guess what? LIFEGIVER just safe your life by giving u that xtra 1-2 sec that you need to pot. Even if you use ankh to revived, it's still wasted time that you could have been attacking more if a mage uses LIFEGIVER.

And the majority of most people who does use pot, guess what again? That means they are attacking less if they pot (while running away from boss and try to pot and hopefully they pot in time, while they not attacking). Most players can't multitasked well.

And for the people who can MULTI-TASK, most likely they probably play on a computer, that's why they have all those hotkeys set. (Don't get me wrong, i do pot, but with a mage who uses LIFEGIVER it's a bonus.

Like i said, it's a bonus in an ELITE RUN if a Mage uses LIFEGIVER, doesn't matter if it's PVE or PVP. ALL Those things are the results of TEAMWORK.
    Can't tell if you're being serious.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

^^Lol ^^
    Skills do require a cool down, this allows for us pot users to spam away without missing an attack ....
    Avy
    12-2012

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    ^^Lol ^^
    Skills do require a cool down, this allows for us pot users to spam away without missing an attack ....
    If your dead, you can't pot. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default The Lifecycle..

If your dead, you can't pot. :P
    you left out the part where you explain how a mini heal combined with mage suicide is better for the party then a good additional stun/crowdcontrol chance.
    rogues can fight from distance. tanks can exactly that: tank mobs. mages shouldn t draw aggro, but better invest in crowdcontrolling skills to keep the mobs from the rogues.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 05-26-2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: typo

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

1. Lifegiver aggros. This means warrior has to HoR to save the healing mage who's drawing aggro just as lifegiver is on cooldown, not when HoR is truly crucial to save the whole party.
    2. Lifegiver cools down like any other skill and in pve there is absolutely no way anyone in party can wait for mana replenishment. They spam pots anyway.
    3. Some pets help give mana, some gear help support mana. While these aren't the greatest for elite, they do well enough for pot saving on easy farming.
    4. What skill should a mage sacrifice if they want to slot in lifegiver? Fireball with its stun? Frost bolt with its great immobilizer for the highly dangerous mobs (Shuyal/Planar wolves, Tindirin shaman and komodos, etc)? Timeshift that roots whole batches of mobs? Lightning? Shield? It takes my mage three crowd control skills and shield to manage the mobs on harder elite maps. If at all possible I would love to have all skill slots mapped with crowd control and damage skills. Not lifegiver.
    5. Warrior aggros mobs, mage stuns them, clocks them, rogue snipes and poisons them as a group, mage freezes highest risk enemies, warrior HoR to keep aggro and heal allies, mage keeps clocking and fireballing to give warrior time to pot while tanking and make the mobs melt faster with DoT <--- this is teamwork. Not reciprocal nursing
    Last edited by ilhanna; 05-26-2015 at 08:36 PM.

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

If you can't pot efficiently and need a Mage to heal you it's better for any party if you stick to normal maps and never go to elites. That is a fact.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I remember my first time I ran with heal in elites the conversation went something like thiselite tindrin wilds)
    Build was fire, clock, Shield, heal

Player A: go
    Player B: freeze the shamen mage
    Me: sec let me switch build
    change build to Ice, clock, shield, heal
    i use heal cause im at low health
    Player A: omg this NOOOB spec heal
    Player B: IKR so NOOBY
    Player C: Please dont use heal
    Me:Then how am i supposed to live
    Player A: POT YOU NOOOB
    Player B: Im out (leaves map)
    Player C: same (leaves map)
    Player A: (leaves map)
    Me: /g anyone know a good pve build

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Im sure lifegiver is slower to use because you have to charge it (to give mana)

what hotkey ? lol
    just use "wsad" to move and use your mouse to attack, the potions are "q" and "e", which is extremely easy get to and you can pot while attacking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

This thread shows a clear delineation between newer players and experienced players. Newer players feel constrained by lack of resources and therefore more dependent on the the abilities of other players for assistance. Experienced players have more resources, but are constrained by time; they are less tolerant of inefficient playing styles. Newer players would rather spend the time and experienced players would rather spend the gold.

What's important is to understand that everyone has different limits and pressures they are managing the best way they can. Nobody should expect everyone to have the same needs. Nobody should disrespect a mage who doesn't want to use lifegiver and nobody should disrespect a rogue or warrior who doesn't want to use pots.

Know thyself!
    Last edited by Niixed; 05-26-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    you left out the part where you explain how a mini heal combined with mage suicide is better for the party then a good additional stun/crowdcontrol chance.
    rogues can fight from distance. tanks can exactly that: tank mobs. mages shouldn t draw aggro, but better invest in crowdcontrolling skills to keep the mobs from the rogues.
    Again like I said, with a good mage he know how to crowd control that. That's y I said most mags
    are average or below average players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I usually have to scold guildmates who are running elite and have heal skill for mage.

Usually the teams I am running with, they constantly pot. Its a very bad idea to keep your hp below 100% because you raise the risk of getting 1 shot. When you're dead, you'll use plat or an ankh which I consider a bit more expensive than a few pots.

Dying slows down the run. Using a skill slot for lifegiver instead of another attack skill slows down the run. Slowing down the run raises the risk of more pot / ankh usage. People tend to get sleepy after x amount of runs or can only play for a certain amount of time. Best to spec without life giver and cram in 14 elite runs instead of 10.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Again like I said, with a good mage he know how to crowd control that. That's y I said most mags
    are average or below average players.
    just no
    If there are 2 pt's both equally geared, skilled, and on the same map(planar tombs/arena/elite nordr,shuyal,tindrin) I will GUARANTEE the pt without heal will finish about 1-2 minutes faster than the pt with heal and spend about 20 more pots...
    Last edited by Caabatric; 05-26-2015 at 10:33 PM. Reason: add the map

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.