Thread: My opinions on Auto Level 41

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

When I started, I only had to grind from level 1-21 which I believe came to a grand total of around 25k XP before I capped. I ran most of that XP in Brackenridge and Dead City... basically, the normal versions of the maps which were currently being farmed at elite at the time.

When I arrived at the cap, I was familiar with both the most frequently farmed content in the game, and with enough of the game mechanics to be able to fully function at cap level. Of course I then went on to learn more and have been learning ever since XD

*shrug*

I really don't see how this is different. Forcing players to always grind from 1->cap doesn't automatically equip them with the knowledge that other capped players have gained from months/years of experience playing the game at end game.

In fact the only part of levelling that will be massively relevant will be the time spent in the normal mode of the new maps (after level 41) where they become familiar with the current and most relevant mob/boss styles. (Old mob styles don't need as much countering... once elite level, they can just go and 1 hit elite Rutger in Arcanum grounds.. new players have absolutely no need to know that we used to have to stand on the crystal and not move so as not to spawn any skeletons. Cos that is now irrelevant... its just nostalgia.)

This is a mobile mmo ... it is all about keeping the current content accessible / desirable for the mobile audience, not pushing it further and further out of reach as time goes on.
    Last edited by Dalmony; 06-16-2015 at 06:57 PM.