Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some feedback on a few of the latest changes.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Some feedback on a few of the latest changes.

After playing a few runs in the Shadow Caves (more dungeon time than I've probably spent in the last three months total), I wanted to comment on a few things.

1. The revive for plat button -- not cool the way it is right now. I feel like I'm being tricked into spending plat. When I get a revive from a teammate, I have to waste some precious time staring at the revive screen to make sure I choose the right revive, and don't end up spending plat or respawning at the entrance. Even when I died as the only mage, I had to be so careful not to spend that plat when I wanted to walk back.
    This is not a good way to get money from your players. If we feel tricked into spending plat, we'll lose trust in STS.
    One solution I've come up with is: when a Mage offers a revive, that is the only button that you can see/choose. After all, who would purposely choose any of the other option when offered a free revive? Letthe other two option disappear at least when a revive is offered, to avoid mistakes (and less time wasting).

2. Has the GCD been slowed down since the last announced change? It felt slower to me, and I spent most of the time watching my skills instead of my teammates. I was finding it really hard to enjoy playing like this. It felt faster at some point, and I really hope you guys didn't sneak some time back onto it?
    Either way, it feels clunky and unnatural. I miss being able to watch the battle and only look at the skills from the former of my eye.

3. Out of three completed vyx runs, 2 dropped one elite helm, and the third dropped two vyx helms. Very odd drop rates indeed.
    I still think it would be more fun like the old vyx -- several vyxes spawning on top of you at once, with very low drop rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

1. i would like to deaktivate this type of choice by an option
    2. gcd feels way better now since the fist day, and since yesterday it got another little speed up. i can almost play like i always did. its just to practice a bit
    3. this remembers me the biggest bug ever on PL...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Have you noticed how the "accept revive" button is squished between the other two options? I mean COME ON!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    1. The revive for plat button -- not cool the way it is right now. I feel like I'm being tricked into spending plat. When I get a revive from a teammate, I have to waste some precious time staring at the revive screen to make sure I choose the right revive, and don't end up spending plat or respawning at the entrance. Even when I died as the only mage, I had to be so careful not to spend that plat when I wanted to walk back.
    This is not a good way to get money from your players. If we feel tricked into spending plat, we'll lose trust in STS.
    One solution I've come up with is: when a Mage offers a revive, that is the only button that you can see/choose. After all, who would purposely choose any of the other option when offered a free revive? Letthe other two option disappear at least when a revive is offered, to avoid mistakes (and less time wasting).
    Yes revive for plat is poorly placed on the screen. I completely agree on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think it will benifit the devs too, because that's less emails with people asking for a refund because they mistakingly chose that. Is there a confirm after choosing that option? (I haven't attempted to click it yet)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    I think it will benifit the devs too, because that's less emails with people asking for a refund because they mistakingly chose that. Is there a confirm after choosing that option? (I haven't attempted to click it yet)
    Yeah there is, I tried it once just to know.

I died by a grate, used plat to rev, and it killed me again anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Don't rev for plat over grates. The code automatically kills you again as a ploy to extract more money from the players!!! LOL New pocket Legend in the making!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Don't rev for plat over grates. The code automatically kills you again as a ploy to extract more money from the players!!! LOL New pocket Legend in the making!
    I seriously believe this, the grates seem to some how hit me from a longer distance now at times and I know for sure it never use to happen before. Maybe I am just paranoid lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post

Ouch!!! Maybe they should give us 2 seconds of invulnerability with it heh

I used like 7 plat last night on the caves on this ><
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Ouch!!! Maybe they should give us 2 seconds of invulnerability with it heh

I used like 7 plat last night on the caves on this ><
    Ouch. I was the only Mage in a PUG before, and they all waited patiently for me to walk back.
    I'm thinking not all groups will be that nice, but I guess they had no choice if they didn't want to spend the plat themselves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Ouch. I was the only Mage in a PUG before, and they all waited patiently for me to walk back.
    I'm thinking not all groups will be that nice, but I guess they had no choice if they didn't want to spend the plat themselves
    I was already booted twice for not revving for plat and slowing the group down. It has begun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was on my bird but we where in the middle of the fight on Vyx and I didn't want for the rest of the team to start the fight again. Glad I did because 3 others died afterwards and I kept kiting till they got back up if not we could have needed to restart the fight all over again.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    Yeah, no idea because the only way I'd press that button is by accident.
    And even that would waste precious time.
    While you're trying to come back to life without wasting plat, your teammates are getting beaten to death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

1. Agree on Rev, I think having a accept rev only button when offered would be great. Furthermore, I'd support a "auto rev" option where you are allowed to automatically accept a rev if offered. Would speed up gameplay.

2. GCD still feels chunky. I appreciate Dev's attempts to fix it, but it's still very distracting and I can't get used to the right side of my screen continually blinking. Also, it feels like a race to press my skills, especially the buffs. I'd propose the following (since they aren't going to remove GCD):
    - Make buffs last at least twice as long
    - Somehow disable the GCD visual effect, it's very distracting (and annoying)
    - Reduce GCD a bit more, it still feels a bit too long.

3. Vyx drop rates are peculiar, I'm guessing an adjustment will be in the works very shortly.

Kraz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    1. Agree on Rev, I think having a accept rev only button when offered would be great. Furthermore, I'd support a "auto rev" option where you are allowed to automatically accept a rev if offered. Would speed up gameplay.

2. GCD still feels chunky. I appreciate Dev's attempts to fix it, but it's still very distracting and I can't get used to the right side of my screen continually blinking. Also, it feels like a race to press my skills, especially the buffs. I'd propose the following (since they aren't going to remove GCD):
    - Make buffs last at least twice as long
    - Somehow disable the GCD visual effect, it's very distracting (and annoying)
    - Reduce GCD a bit more, it still feels a bit too long.

3. Vyx drop rates are peculiar, I'm guessing an adjustment will be in the works very shortly.

Kraz
    YES!! Even better! Auto revive! I never understood why we need to accept a revive in the first place -- it's not like you need to accept healing or buffs. Who's going to refuse a revive when offered??? At least make it an option in settings for those who wouldn't want auto-revive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

YES!! Even better! Auto revive! I never understood why we need to accept a revive in the first place -- it's not like you need to accept healing or buffs. Who's going to refuse a revive when offered??? At least make it an option in settings for those who wouldn't want auto-revive.
    yes!!! perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

this is really a great idea !!!! auto revive good thinking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Auto Revive would be great except when you die on a fire trap. If you auto revive you could get killed as fast as you spawn. Even watching the crates you can get killed and with auto revive it could be more common. Its still a good idea. There is a confirmation in case you pressed it by mistake in case some didn't knew. I found this yesterday.

Another idea on this could be that the revive for plat option could be removed if you get a revive from a player.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Auto Revive would be great except when you die on a fire trap. If you auto revive you could get killed as fast as you spawn. Even watching the crates you can get killed and with auto revive it could be more common. Its still a good idea. There is a confirmation in case you pressed it by mistake in case some didn't knew. I found this yesterday.

Another idea on this could be that the revive for plat option could be removed if you get a revive from a player.
    Yeah I mentioned the other buttons being removed in my first post

As for auto-rev, we're talking about revs from mages, not plat-revs. If you get a rev from a Mage, most people accept it right away -- they don't try and time it, bc it doesn't matter -- you need to be alive to help your teammates. Why lie there when a Mage just revved you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Auto rev is the way to go! (but not auto rev for plat!!! Before someone gets the idea.)