Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Shield of Gratitude Granted to Everyone Who Purchased 30 Plat or More

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Nice reference

For me personally, I espouse that it's better to move with an 80% solution at the 100% right time, than miss the timing and wait for a 100% solution. But then, that's just me.
    I don't disagree. But the game has undergone lots of changes lately. Perhaps leave a bit of time for the players to start complaining about no changes again? lol I admit to seeing the catch 22 that lies therein.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    My main point is that on one hand, they're making one item MORE exclusive (and one that gives an unfair advantage, mind you), while they're making the other one LESS exclusive.
    Even though the Gratitude shield does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING stat-wise, and has no benefit whatsoever other than looking unique, they now took even that away. But the helm, which gives an obvious advantage, is kept to just a select few -- keeping the people with that advantage even smaller. I just have trouble getting my head around all this. I'm a logical person, and when choices/decisions are made that make NO sense, it really bugs me.
    I am fairly analytical as well, Les (have a biology and chem degree) but I reach a point where I just say "Hey I have limited remaining functional brain cells" and in the grand scheme of PL life, I decide to cut my losses and just stop trying to figure it out. You seem to be more invested in how "exclusive" it is, and I could give a rat's sweet patoootie...it was fah-REE!!!! Hey to each their own, of course

I kid, I kid.

No one is right or wrong, everyone has valid opinions...now, if you will 'scuse me, I am gonna get back to pretending to work.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-25-2011 at 02:51 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i actually feel kind of jipped
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I just think someone needs to point out these inconsistencies, bc they're becoming more and more common. It's not just about the vanity shield. I'm talking in general about decisions being made about this game in the recent past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    I could give a rat's sweet patoootie...it was fah-REE!!!!
    Not really, we paid a decent sum of money to recieve the platimum to buy the main spine. Though $20 isnt much in the long term, those who made a $5 investment to buy balefort castle get a $20 sheild plus the refund. This doesnt seem fair to me, we should all get a refund if this is the case. I respect you and your opinion, but dont you think we should at least get something a little more special?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

any reward for the 500p+ buyers?
    like i dont know,,, infinite specs

im serious
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So let me get this straight.

You promise a helmet to the people who joined in the first 2-3 mos. Then you change it to 6 mos. To include more people. Then to two months to make it more exclusive. Then you put crazy stats on this super-exclusive helm (that has never been done before).

Yet...You give a gift to people who bought all the maps that you then offered for free. It has no stats, it just offers a bit of uniqueness. Now you give it to pretty much everyone. So it's not unique at all. It was supposed to be a special edition item. Now it's not.

I really don't understand any of the decisions you guys are making lately. It feels to me like two people trying to undercut each other, and all we see is the crazy aftermath.
    i have to agree to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Gotta catch em all.
    check out this thread for a list of scams! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...f-common-scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dballah View Post
    Not really, we paid a decent sum of money to recieve the platimum to buy the main spine. Though $20 isnt much in the long term, those who made a $5 investment to buy balefort castle get a $20 sheild plus the refund. This doesnt seem fair to me, we should all get a refund if this is the case. I respect you and your opinion, but dont you think we should at least get something a little more special?
    Sorry, not to be mean or disrespectful, but wrong. You paid that money for the levels for the gameplay....the shield was an added bonus they decided to give us that we didn't even know existed until recently. It's not like the vast majority of us only bought the levels just to get the shield...we all bought them to play them not knowing any such plan was in the works for the shield. Yes, if we had spent $20 hypothetically just to get the shield, then I would totally agree with you. But that is not the case for the vast majority of us. They owed us nothing...tried to do something sorta nice, and all anyone does is take a deuce in their coffee cup. I am not pro-dev other than I have an idea of what running a game studio is like having seen two friends work for one, but at the rate this is going, I wouldn't be surprised if they quit trying to do things like this because of all of the uproar they cause.

Would it be nice if it was more special? I dunno. I think it looks pretty cool. Some others think it should be more exclusive, and I can't find a reason to really disagree with them either, so fair's fair. All I know is that I got something I wasn't expecting indirectly free and I ain't gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-25-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    any reward for the 500p+ buyers?
    like i dont know,,, infinite specs

im serious
    +1 to that... If ever there was an incentive/reward for Platinum spend then shouldnt it be a little higher? Why not a series of them. IE a Plat supporter (30plat), Plat player (100plat), Plat expert (500plat) and plat god (1000)... The more you spent the more vanities you qualify for..

Obviously the figures can be changed but there are lots of possibilities now with a Shield vanity slot and only a few available... Plenty of ideas for that slot....
    Last edited by Redbridge; 04-25-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So people who didnt buy all the maps for the gameplay get an item reserved for those who did?

But anyways, I have the sheild already so why should I care? Theres a bit of heat building up here. So I'm sorry for putting you on the defensive, I'll try to word my replies more carefully next time. I hope your not angry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Maybe instead of changing it to everyone who bought 30 plat, you can make it everyone who bought 50 or 75or something higher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Actually, Mooger, go back to the reason why. They wanted to make level requirements for maps. But you know that someone is going to complain about not being able to play in some places anymore even though they paid, so they made those areas free. (As Les pointed out, for a limited time.) But you know someone is going to complain about other people getting something for free that they had to pay for, so they made the SoG.

IMO, I will pay any price to have level requirements. I don't care about this SoG vanity shield. I am just glad to be done with leechers and power leveling. Thank you for hearing me, Cinco!!! Amen!

But... how about a June joiner helm, maybe not as good as the April-May joiner helm. And how about pretty shields for the 350 plat and 800 plat buyers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dballah View Post
    So people who didnt buy all the maps for the gameplay get an item reserved for those who did?

But anyways, I have the sheild already so why should I care? Theres a bit of heat building up here. So I'm sorry for putting you on the defensive, I'll try to word my replies more carefully next time. I hope your not angry.
    No, it's ok! I am usually down for a good debate...just trying to get back to work and failing miserably, lol. Sorry, didn't mean to come off as rude or harsh, my bad.

I would give you +10 tasty adult beverages, but I don't know if you are of legal drinkign age

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Moog, for someone who doesn't want to spend any more brain cells on this, you sure are discussing it an awful lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Actually, Mooger, go back to the reason why. They wanted to make level requirements for maps. But you know that someone is going to complain about not being able to play in some places anymore even though they paid, so they made those areas free. (As Les pointed out, for a limited time.) But you know someone is going to complain about other people getting something for free that they had to pay for, so they made the SoG.

IMO, I will pay any price to have level requirements. I don't care about this SoG vanity shield. I am just glad to be done with leechers and power leveling. Thank you for hearing me, Cinco!!! Amen!

But... how about a June joiner helm, maybe not as good as the April-May joiner helm. And how about pretty shields for the 350 plat and 800 plat buyers?
    But wait...what if I only collectively bought 345 plat???? And joined July 2???? NOTZ FAIRZ!!!!!

Anyway, solid suggestions. I care more about the level requirements thing, so as to prevent leeching and powerleveling like you, just a personal view. SoG was an added "oh hai there" moment for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

How about a "Shield of a Different Color" that changes color the more plat you buy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Moog, for someone who doesn't want to spend any more brain cells on this, you sure are discussing it an awful lot
    Well, the three remaining brain cells are kinda stubborn....damn them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Well, the three remaining brain cells are kinda stubborn....damn them.
    I don't think your boss will be too happy is you waste those last three on this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We need to face the fact that no matter what the devs do, not everybody will be happy. The best they can do now is leave the matter, and stop trying to satisfy everyone. It simply cant be done, all they can do is say "next time this wont happen".

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Nice reference

For me personally, I espouse that it's better to move with an 80% solution at the 100% right time, than miss the timing and wait for a 100% solution. But then, that's just me.
    I personally prefer a seven percent solution, but only when the timing is right.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?