Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    When I compete in whatever it is, I like maintaining consistency because I believe when you perfect something that's feels second nature, then you can really master whatever it is you're doing.

Debuffs are such a big "iffy" component now. I have tried maxing out one debuff (Weakness, typically, like you do against bears). Here are some of the problems I encounter with it:

-Debuffs have an unusually lower hit chance than any of the damage spells. I'm not kidding - you can test this yourself over and over again.
    -That extra second you spend casting a debuff at close range is one extra second the str class has to stun you and pull you. I like having icestorm as the ONLY 6m skill, as you want to get out of that 6m zone as fast as possible to maximize your success CONSISTENTLY. Debuffs (Weakness in this case) is that "iffy"... you never know if it's going to hit, and personally for me, it only creates poor habits that get me killed!

Damage output is relatively stable. So simply enough, I like to maximize my damage even if it's only 15 or 20 damage, because that is what will ultimately add up to kill the opponent more times than not.

As an INT mage I observe these things really closely. Call me a nerd, but I like being a perfectionist at this stuff. Again, it is all preference and I definitely value other builds (because I completely agree, if you hit weakness you're in a good position)
    Don't ruin ur jock image Will, soon we'll all think u're secretly a nerd.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post: