Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New damage tank trend in km3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Default New damage tank trend in various maps

If any of you have ever run a km3 pug with tanks, you will know exactly what I'm saying. I mean, there's been tanks in km3 using horn once before the timer starts, and then never using it for the rest of the run. In some pugs I've seen people die left and right because the "tank" was too busy using a pvp build for a pve map. Worst of all is many of them were well geared, as in at least a mythic weapon, at most maxed out. Yes I do know that many came from auto leveling, but still what's up with this? It's very irritating seeing a tank run into a group of 10 skeletons or so and spam axe and charged normal attacks while the dps gets swarmed by 50 skeletons 2 feet ahead and dies. Any thoughts on this new trend? NOTE: these observations were from some pug groups,not guild/friend made parties.
    Last edited by Oursizes; 08-05-2015 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Changed km3 to various maps as many posted this issue going on in other maps as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Not only in km3,ya know...

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

mesalin

Grrr yes its not only in km 3 like dimi said...
    Wt4 or maps like tindrin also

I'm so fresh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Yeah btw with the new legendary axe many tanks recieved a pretty decent amount of damage...i really hope that warriors will get a damage buff to make them needed in dungeons that need dps and in dungeons that need both tanks and dps...
    But still,this shouldn't stop warriors from using horn...
    IMO using horn is one of the unwritten rules of AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Yes my bad, ive seen it mostly in km3 however. Also a few in new maps. Thing is tanks are supposed to take damage, not deal it.. In km3 mainly ive seen warriors using a build of ss cs vb and axe like whut.. How is that going to help them keep their party alive? It will just slow down the runs if party members die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Yes my bad, ive seen it mostly in km3 however. Also a few in new maps. Thing is tanks are supposed to take damage, not deal it.. In km3 mainly ive seen warriors using a build of ss cs vb and axe like whut.. How is that going to help them keep their party alive? It will just slow down the runs if party members die.
    What i'm trying to say is that warriors should give both dps AND party protection...
    This IMO would make them more useful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

As wars become less and less useful in PvE, you are going to encounter fewer and fewer good wars. That's just the way it is. There are a lot of casual players who will choose war for survivability. I have a war friend who didn't want to get an arcane ring because it doesn't have mana regen like his haunted ring, lol. Not everyone is hardcore about the game. There many different types of players, and Km3 isn't exactly an elite map.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

If you are pugging as a tank, you probably do want to be able to deal damage. There are many times when you are the only competent player or in group of all tanks. Someone has to do the killing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I play mage and I never care what the other people do in km3. That dungeon is so easy, everyone should be able to stand on his own there. If u want to prevent getting aggro u should get used to switch ur target constantly to not pull the aggression. If a group of monsters jump on u, u should also be skilled enough to see it coming early enough and use ur defensive skills appropriately.

I do not want to make u feel bad or something, but I guarantree u, in the majority of cases in which u die, u could have prevented it with ur own actions. Never rely on random people, rather analyse ur play to clear more efficiently and stay safer in the future.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lastmind For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lastmind View Post
    I play mage and I never care what the other people do in km3. That dungeon is so easy, everyone should be able to stand on his own there. If u want to prevent getting aggro u should get used to switch ur target constantly to not pull the aggression. If a group of monsters jump on u, u should also be skilled enough to see it coming early enough and use ur defensive skills appropriately.

I do not want to make u feel bad or something, but I guarantree u, in the majority of cases in which u die, u could have prevented it with ur own actions. Never rely on random people, rather analyse ur play to clear more efficiently and stay safer in the future.
    I'm not ashamed to say it. I die in Km3. Not from the mobs, but from the bosses. The bosses randomly one-hit me. Why they hit so hard sometimes is beyond me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    I'm not ashamed to say it. I die in Km3. Not from the mobs, but from the bosses. The bosses randomly one-hit me. Why they hit so hard sometimes is beyond me.
    Harley has a red zone in melee range which onehits, keep distance to him. Francisca had high dps and crits ofte, but does not onehit. Just spam pots, shield and run away to make someone else take aggro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

The thing is.... I should not have to use shield in km3 cause i am the only one pulling the mobs and the rest of my party is stuck killing that one mage that keeps spawning mobs at the beginning of map...

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    The thing is.... I should not have to use shield in km3 cause i am the only one pulling the mobs and the rest of my party is stuck killing that one mage that keeps spawning mobs at the beginning of map...
    U gotta deal with what u get. If u want more efficient/safe runs u have to create ur own party.

I do not get the problem. Just play the game, focuse on urself and ignore what others do.
    On maps where teamwork is necessary u can just create a guild party anyways. Other than that just tank the **** out of those skeletons with ur shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    bro, killing mages in km3 is a must... they only spawn unnecessary mobs which aren't counted to spawn bosses... mega pull only lead to slower runs when you can't kill mages in one pass...

edit: and also, killing more enemies at the start, make it possible to have more mobs at the last fight point -> more chance to proc eggshell, faster runs doesn't always give you more lockeds
    Last edited by extrapayah; 08-05-2015 at 01:35 PM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Harley has a red zone in melee range which onehits, keep distance to him. Francisca had high dps and crits ofte, but does not onehit. Just spam pots, shield and run away to make someone else take aggro.
    The red zones overlap when the bosses are clustered together, and rogues need to shadow-pierce for max damage. Deaths happen for rogues when you pug Km3.

I'm not disagreeing with you, though. It's an easy map. I just think it's hilarious that Harley sometimes seems to hit harder than Taurus in T3.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 08-05-2015 at 01:42 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

IF you die in km3, its your own fault. I would rather run with a damage tank than a tank that heals in km3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Just remember......Who's fault is it to do PUG in the first place?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    bro, killing mages in km3 is a must... they only spawn unnecessary mobs which aren't counted to spawn bosses... mega pull only lead to slower runs when you can't kill mages in one pass...

edit: and also, killing more enemies at the start, make it possible to have more mobs at the last fight point -> more chance to proc eggshell, faster runs doesn't always give you more lockeds
    okay so..... i understand i should stop on all the mages and kill them... then move on ....
    I am sorry I rather just do the pull use time fire gale ice and they are all dead.... it is considerably faster.. the problem is when I cant follow fire with gale fast enough so I dont get the armor buff and the mobs overpower me(yes my fault D: ).... If I use shield then with a random group that is actually fast I am wasting time....

Either way I have resorted to solo or will only run in guild / friend pt's now...

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Let's not get off topic here. The reason I brought this up is because as we all know, elites will be launching after ursoth. Can you guys imagine these same warriors in the new elite maps..??

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

If you die on km3 either you are way undergeared or got no gold for pots. Waiting on horn instead of using cnc and stunlock mobs nooNE will die. What I see these days not only some tanks fail. I see many many sorcerer who don't understand what's the purpose of their role. Hint >>>Cnc<<<. They suck at stunlock mobs.