Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Feedback] Fixing the Broken Jewel System!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Assuming then that each next tier of jewels will keep the same stat progession as they do from cracked to noble, the values for jewels that open up at levels 35 / 40 / 45 would be:

mind, finesse, fury: 9 / 10 / 11 primary stat

lightning: .92 / 1.00 / 1.08 crit

chaos: 1.86 / 2.04 / 2.22 damage

diamond: 29 / 32 / 35 armor*

nature, water: 108 / 120 / 132 health or mana

*(this is hypothetical, and maybe, for example, diamond jewels would increase by more at each tier. We see they alternate between 2 and 3 armor until excellent, superb, noble, between which they progress by 3 armor each time.)

At a glance then, if this is the case, these jewel stats appear to make more sense in relation to each other, as a system, for alternatives in builds. Thoughts?
    Last edited by kananaskis; 08-16-2015 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kananaskis View Post
    Assuming then that each next tier of jewels will keep the same stat progession as they do from cracked to noble, the values for jewels that open up at levels 35 / 40 / 45 would be:

*(this is hypothetical, and maybe, for example, diamond jewels would increase by more at each tier. We see they alternate between 2 and 3 armor until excellent, superb, noble, between which they progress by 3 armor each time.)

At a glance then, if this is the case, these jewel stats appear to make more sense in relation to each other, as a system, for alternatives in builds. Thoughts?
    Interesting. The chaos jewel will eclipse the damage of a second gemmed para (doesn't come close the ridiculousness of that first para, though).

I really do think it will encourage other builds, or at the very least, more experimentation. With gems, you had to make a choice and stick with it. Jewels, on the other hand, are removeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kananaskis View Post

This is not a fix, you forgot that gems also scaled up from lvl41 to lvl46.

eg Fire gem 3 dex normal/6 dex grand on lvl41, Fire gem 4 dex normal/7 dex grand onl lvl46. So did the other gems too, elondrian shard, etc, all scaled up except tarlok. Tarlok has a different scale, so those gems didnt got extra stats this time, but im sure they will in next cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Any sts staff can reply? Do you plan to change stats? Or is it good the way it is?

Any noble jewel rewards in the future?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

The thing which annoys me the most about jewel system is that everyone tells me " just have patience " ! Lol yea .. patience? I could get para gem in 3 hours during halloween event. I want to be rewarded for the effort im doing everytime i farm something which doesn't drop from chests/boss.

Make a special event with all gems getting back for one weekend. Even para and eye. Just make it harder for the event gems. Or at least let us farm fire/glacial/blood essences during one weekend.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Our intent with the Jewel system is definitely a long term change. This means that it will take some time before it stabilizes into where we expect it to sit. There was an anticipated 'awkwardness' of sorts as all of the gems that currently exist but no longer drop in the world phase out before Jewels are the ONLY option available for certain stats. We're currently in the transition stage wherein Gems still exist, and Jewels are not as powerful in some regards until their higher levels are crafted. We certainly hear and understand what you are saying, it's nice to have nice things with a lot of power immediately, but for the health of the game there are no planned changes at this time. The fact that gems scale every level is a major component to why they are no longer dropping and are being phased out by Jewels. Gems created a major hindrance to future socket-able upgrade design.

Overall when we were implementing and designing the new Jewel system we felt it would be unfair to just strip everyone of their hard earned Gems, instead of allowing them to naturally become rare and eventually obsolete while players are also farming and crafting higher end jewels. In regards to comments about more powerful jewels, we have built the system with the ability to add future tiers of jewels when appropriate to increase their power as time goes on, so be sure that any higher end jewels you create will not only be great now but also have the potential to be even more.

We're always listening to feedback on game mechanics and the effect it has on the game, and at this time we are comfortable with where Jewels are at in regards to their power.

Thanks guys!
    - Carapace
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Our intent with the Jewel system is definitely a long term change. This means that it will take some time before it stabilizes into where we expect it to sit. There was an anticipated 'awkwardness' of sorts as all of the gems that currently exist but no longer drop in the world phase out before Jewels are the ONLY option available for certain stats. We're currently in the transition stage wherein Gems still exist, and Jewels are not as powerful in some regards until their higher levels are crafted. We certainly hear and understand what you are saying, it's nice to have nice things with a lot of power immediately, but for the health of the game there are no planned changes at this time. The fact that gems scale every level is a major component to why they are no longer dropping and are being phased out by Jewels. Gems created a major hindrance to future socket-able upgrade design.

Overall when we were implementing and designing the new Jewel system we felt it would be unfair to just strip everyone of their hard earned Gems, instead of allowing them to naturally become rare and eventually obsolete while players are also farming and crafting higher end jewels. In regards to comments about more powerful jewels, we have built the system with the ability to add future tiers of jewels when appropriate to increase their power as time goes on, so be sure that any higher end jewels you create will not only be great now but also have the potential to be even more.

We're always listening to feedback on game mechanics and the effect it has on the game, and at this time we are comfortable with where Jewels are at in regards to their power.

Thanks guys!
    - Carapace
    At least make the level 1 jewels stackable,please. 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    This is not a fix, you forgot that gems also scaled up from lvl41 to lvl46.

eg Fire gem 3 dex normal/6 dex grand on lvl41, Fire gem 4 dex normal/7 dex grand onl lvl46. So did the other gems too, elondrian shard, etc, all scaled up except tarlok. Tarlok has a different scale, so those gems didnt got extra stats this time, but im sure they will in next cap.
    +11 will happen for main stat gems within this cap. That exceeds the plus 7 you get from grand gems at level 46 by 4.

The jewels will actually be more powerful than the gems, except for the paras, eyes, and reins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

Thanks guys!
    - Carapace
    Thanks for the explanation, it helped confirming the dev point of view. BUT, while it's understandable to let the already sloted hard earned gems intact, by not removing the leftoverz and just waiting until the supply dries you're basically widening the gear gap all over. So it's not about who has arcanes or not now, it's about who has more syrillax gems or the ridiculous gold it takes to buy enough for a set now?

I urge you to consider a solution in order to really level the playing field. My suggestion would be to make an announcement (both in-game and on forums) giving a month to everyone to socket their leftover gems before they are removed from the game completely. The important part here is that this must be done BEFORE mythic or any new gear is released in order for everyone to have a chance at the same stats. That would be real balance.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

There is a large difference between making something a long-term goal vs a next-to-impossible goal. We agree that long-term goals are good and necessary, but by this the players meant AP's like "kill 1000 elite bosses" kind of thing.

The jewel drops are currently set so that it would literally take someone years of daily grinding to jewel their set with quality jewels of their own primary stat. By then Jewels will be obsolete, either replaced by something else or the game will be replaced with a new one. This discourages people from even bothering to log in. The same goes for needing to grind the same maps for a month+ to earn gear set we can't even use (without drastically reducing our stats), just so we can begin to farm for mythic. This is off-putting to say the least.

1) The jewel drops need to be re-evaluated, and the more desirable ones spread through a larger variety of maps.

2) If they were also added to elite maps of other areas, it would be helpful, but the drop rates of primary stat jewels are still far too low to be realistic.

3) The same goes for the nomerite gear ingredients (in respect to spreading them amongst more maps)

4) People are already tired of the same maps, and currently don't even get 1 cracked primary stat jewel per run, so we're talking about running the same 2 or 3 maps hundreds of thousands of times. There is no fun in that.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, it helped confirming the dev point of view. BUT, while it's understandable to let the already sloted hard earned gems intact, by not removing the leftoverz and just waiting until the supply dries you're basically widening the gear gap all over. So it's not about who has arcanes or not now, it's about who has more syrillax gems or the ridiculous gold it takes to buy enough for a set now?

I urge you to consider a solution in order to really level the playing field. My suggestion would be to make an announcement (both in-game and on forums) giving a month to everyone to socket their leftover gems before they are removed from the game completely. The important part here is that this must be done BEFORE mythic or any new gear is released in order for everyone to have a chance at the same stats. That would be real balance.
    That ship has sailed. They should have made gems unsocketable after the new expansion. They didn't, so we have to roll with the paras and eyes still in circulation. My recommendation is that they make the level 51 gear jewel only. That way, nobody can hoard for the next cap. It's a ways away, but it is what it is, and it's ample warning for para and eye hoarders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Admittedly, I hated the gem system and really liked the concept of the jewel system on paper. It really didn't take me long to realize once the jewel system was finally out that I needed to be either insanely rich or have no life outside of AL in order to earn a noble dex/strength/int jewel if I wanted to farm it outright.

Simple napkin math :
    2,187 cracked jewels are required for 1 noble jewel.
    Typically I receive 1 dex/str/int jewel after 2-3 runs in the new Rengol maps.
    So call it an average of 2.5 runs for 1 jewel.
    A run where I clear the mobs in Rengol takes me about 3 minutes.
    So 3 minutes x 2.5 runs would be 7.5 minutes for 1 cracked dex/str/int jewel.
    2,187 cracked jewels x 7.5 minutes = 16,402.5 minutes / 60 minutes = 273 hours 22 minutes and 30 seconds or about
    11.5 days of farming without sleep.

11.5 days x 18 actual slots would be 204 days of farming to max out your gear.

I think I was being pretty generous with 2.5 runs a jewel as well - given the plethora of certain types of jewels it's unlikely you would even get the drop you want. Given there are Fury, Finesse, Mind, Lightning, Chaos, Diamond, Nature, and Water jewels (8 types) that all might drop at the same rate (so you can't even focus on a jewel type you like you), you might as well multiply my number of hours by a factor of 8. If that's the case.. you're looking at 92 days of farming for a single noble and 1,642 days ie - 4.5 yearsssssss for a full set.

I realize that by working all together we can buy and sell etc and get to the goal quicker, but if everyone has the same goal, then it might as well be the same.

Does the above make any sense? We had talked about transparency before between the makers of the game and the gamers, but the above statement appears that the transparency is... my math above is the reality?

I can extrapolate this type of thinking to assume it's because if you extend the length it takes to achieve a goal, the slower and less the game has to be worked on by developers.
    Last edited by Jexetta; 08-18-2015 at 06:05 PM.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Please group jewels. Crack Diamond Jewel x56. It's annoying to delete them one by one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    I think I was being pretty generous with 2.5 runs a jewel as well - given the plethora of certain types of jewels it's unlikely you would even get the drop you want. Given there are Fury, Finesse, Mind, Lightning, Chaos, Diamond, Nature, and Water jewels (8 types) that all might drop at the same rate (so you can't even focus on a jewel type you like you), you might as well multiply my number of hours by a factor of 8. If that's the case.. you're looking at 92 days of farming for a single noble and 1,642 days ie - 4.5 yearsssssss for a full set.
    If you take into account that the human body requires sleep, food etc., and most people have either school or work - at least part time. We cut the number of playable hours per day to 12.

That means a real live person of the most hardcore type of player (12 hours grinding every day of the year), that is 9 years to complete a set.

For the average/serious player who plays 3 hours a day, that is 36 years.

This system seems designed to encourage botting, since that is the only way anyone could realistically complete a set of noble jewels in their lifetime. And since those bots don't need gemmed gear, it is their owners who will reap the rewards of this system.
    Last edited by Serancha; 08-19-2015 at 10:27 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

The problem with the main stat jewels (being the only ones that are actually worth trying to get to 'noble') is that there is no map that is a viable farming source. I am actually fine with ~700 cracked jewels for a superb fury/finesse/mind, compared to, say, 200-300 essences for a grand gem (assuming one needs 20-30 gems on average to get a grand); jewels are, after all, reusable. Consequently, I'm somewhat ok with ~2100 cracked jewels for a jewel, that's better than a grand gem.

Problem is, like I said, you can't really farm these things. The usual farming maps don't drop fury/finesse/mind. Other popular maps like Wilds still drop the utterly useless nature and water (not that they are the only useless ones, as others have already said), even elites drop these, which is mind boggling. So, we are mostly left with Rengol maps, where at least nature and water were removed. Problem, however, with Rengol maps is, that it is absurd to farm the most basic stuff (+1 stat jewels qualify imho) in maps like these - long maps, not many mobs, low density, short leash ranges, not to mention the one-hit deaths. It is beyond me why devs cannot understand such a simple fact - we need a place where we can actually farm main stat jewels, and Rengol maps just don't qualify. I suggested a new crypt some time ago. Or refreshing one of the existing crypts. I don't know, something like that.

I realize that obtaining noble jewels is a long term goal etc. etc. I get the reasoning behind this. However, what I also get, and what devs obviously fail to understand, is this:

If you really wanted jewels to replace gems and if you wanted noble (and possibly higher tier) jewels to be a long term goal, why did you keep gems in the game? And not just keep, but scale to lvl 46, which is beyond ridiculous.

You say gems will eventually phase out. This to me means that you are out of touch with the reality in the game, at least as far as gems are concerned. You are creating yet another situation where discontinued op stuff (assuming paras and eyes never return) will give some players huge edge for pretty much another whole season, if not longer. And this isn't even limited to just paras and eyes. Reinforced gems are much better than the laughable diamond jewels. These are not going to phase out any time soon. However, they will be practically unobtainable even by people like me, who could afford them before the jewel system was introduced. If this is your new and supposedly better system, well, I don't know what to think.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

my suggestions are:

1. stop gems scaling, don't make it scale more than l46
    2. make limited time exchange program, like exchanging para to nobles, eyes to superb, normal gems to damaged, reinforced to standard, etc
    3. make certain jewels only droppable at certain maps in a map sets, e.g. in brackenridge, first maps mobs can drop jewel a and b, 2nd maps for jewel c and d, 3rd maps for jewel e and f, and etc. with tombs maps able to drop any type, and what makes old maps different with newer scaled maps is the strength of the jewels (e.g brackenridge for crackeds, rengol for damaged) this way, even people who enjoy playing at lower levels can still farm those jewels, and to prevent a certain maps filled with too many tanks, never separate the drop of primary type jewels
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The jewel system is not broken. It is hard to achieve but is reusable and will get better in the long run. Plus it is properly scaled by level. If you ask me, para gems and etc gems from event are the worst. It is not scaled properly and too op for a simple event. Eventhough I earned a lot of gold from this gems, I suggest sts not to repeat the same mistake because it is exploitable and cause imbalance ingame. Plus, many ask for something to grind. This is it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
    The jewel system is not broken. It is hard to achieve but is reusable and will get better in the long run. Plus it is properly scaled by level. If you ask me, para gems and etc gems from event are the worst. It is not scaled properly and too op for a simple event. Eventhough I earned a lot of gold from this gems, I suggest sts not to repeat the same mistake because it is exploitable and cause imbalance ingame. Plus, many ask for something to grind. This is it.
    Agree, holding back eye gems for another year is a long term goal. These gems will give 4,4,4 stat next cap, plus with the first bonus 2%+ crit. I hope i can sell my para gems for 100m,who doesn't want an extra +30 damage.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Zzz.

I thought the basic idea of jewels were to phase out the gems? Epic fail then, people are still using paras and eyes... Simply buff jewels and their drop rates.

WHY does noble chaos gem give less damage than paracelsus soul stone, an outdated YEAR OLD item?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    If you take into account that the human body requires sleep, food etc., and most people have either school or work - at least part time. We cut the number of playable hours per day to 12.

That means a real live person of the most hardcore type of player (12 hours grinding every day of the year), that is 9 years to complete a set.

For the average/serious player who plays 3 hours a day, that is 36 years.

This system seems designed to encourage botting, since that is the only way anyone could realistically complete a set of noble jewels in their lifetime. And since those bots don't need gemmed gear, it is their owners who will reap the rewards of this system.
    36 years. Lol. Yeah, long term goal indeed! If we're lucky and AL is still around, we can be telling our grandchildren how our jewels were all EARNED.