Thread: Tyrannica vs Fantasma happiness bonus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default Tyrannica vs Fantasma happiness bonus

Fantasma is a LEGENDARY pet and provides (calculated)

35 primary stat, 10 each other stat, 12% damage, 10% speed and 5 blah blah regen

Tyrannica is a MYTHIC pet and provides

20 primary stat, 0 each other stats, 12.5% damage, 160 mana and 8 blah blah regen

This are my stats with each equipped. There is something wrong with this picture. I have almost 200 hp and 13 damage more with the legendary pet than with the mythic. AND I get speed bonus. Please make mythic worth its classification.

If I had spent a pile to run for the gold version of this, I'd be very disappointed. As it is, I paid for the normal version and am very disappointed. This has got to be some sort of oversight (hopefully).

Name:  2015-08-22 00.29.51.png
Views: 766
Size:  731.5 KB

Name:  2015-08-22 00.30.05.png
Views: 632
Size:  728.6 KB
    Last edited by Serancha; 08-22-2015 at 02:36 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

There's no mixup on stats, just that STS cracked under the "y u no give dova back or equal/better pet" pressure and buffed Fant. I agree it seems off since it's usually the mythic pets that have speed bonus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

assuming there is a pet class called 'gold tier event legendaries' then nothing wrong with fanta's stat,

and, if there is no problem with other mythic pets' happiness bonus, then tyranica is in the right track... same class (mythic) with pretty much equal happiness bonus

honestly ALL mythic should have equal happiness bonus with event legendaries, and ALL arcane pets should have equal happiness bonus with singe/toor
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

This is normal when comparing gold tier legendary pets to mythic ones. Been using dova/blinky/yowie over all my mythic pets since last year.

Mythic just means it's rarer. Mythic pet stats have been lacking for a long time. They are mainly for show now. Those gold tier pets are always in a class of their own and makes people run the events for them.

Actually dova gives my Mage higher damage than maridos does lol. Although Mari gives much better stats over all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Where did this "event legendary" classification come from? You're saying an event legendary surpasses any mythic pet. But doesn't that mean (if you use the same logic) an "event mythic" pet should be almost arcane in quality? There is no way by any logic that a mythic pet should be so much weaker than its legendary counterpart.

Yes, rarity means how common it is in game - in theory. But in actuality it means the power of the pet. After all, arcane pets are now more common than any mythic, but they are the strongest pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Where did this "event legendary" classification come from? You're saying an event legendary surpasses any mythic pet. But doesn't that mean (if you use the same logic) an "event mythic" pet should be almost arcane in quality? There is no way by any logic that a mythic pet should be so much weaker than its legendary counterpart.

Yes, rarity means how common it is in game - in theory. But in actuality it means the power of the pet. After all, arcane pets are now more common than any mythic, but they are the strongest pets.
    I hear where you are coming from but if you compare gyrm/dova/yowie/blinky/nikbog to any mythic pets the mythic ones are worse by far stat wise. This is why gold tier eggs fetch such high prices after event is over and no one uses mythic pets anymore. Arcane pets have great stats and great AAs which is why they are still preferred. The gold tier ones have one or the other normally. Dova, yowie and Fanta have great stats but bad AAs. Nilbog, blinky and gyrm have great AA but ok stats.

Since events have started this has been the case with gold tier event pets. The gold tier pets are just beasts and mythic pets haven't been good since before scorch was released. People complained a lot about it last year when dova crapped on every mythic pet but shady and surge got more attention. Fantasma is just dova with a different skin and crappy aa. Stat wise they are almost the same.

Anyone using arcane pets last year didn't notice but anyone who was using their mythic ones dropped them for the gold tier ones. It's not surprise it happened again this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    I hear where you are coming from but if you compare gyrm/dova/yowie/blinky/nikbog to any mythic pets the mythic ones are worse by far stat wise. This is why gold tier eggs fetch such high prices after event is over and no one uses mythic pets anymore. Arcane pets have great stats and great AAs which is why they are still preferred. The gold tier ones have one or the other normally. Dova, yowie and Fanta have great stats but bad AAs. Nilbog, blinky and gyrm have great AA but ok stats.

Since events have started this has been the case with gold tier event pets. The gold tier pets are just beasts and mythic pets haven't been good since before scorch was released. People complained a lot about it last year when dova crapped on every mythic pet but shady and surge got more attention. Fantasma is just dova with a different skin and crappy aa. Stat wise they are almost the same.

Anyone using arcane pets last year didn't notice but anyone who was using their mythic ones dropped them for the gold tier ones. It's not surprise it happened again this year.
    But that is only logical with comparing to the mythic pets that are 2+ years old. Events started last year, meaning the event pets are expected to be better than what we had in season 3. The fact is, this is a new mythic pet, ergo it should be better than the new legendaries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    But that is only logical with comparing to the mythic pets that are 2+ years old. Events started last year, meaning the event pets are expected to be better than what we had in season 3. The fact is, this is a new mythic pet, ergo it should be better than the new legendaries.
    It should I agree but mythic pets have only been for show since the gold tier pets came out. I don't bother with them since none seem to be good anymore. Lemon and lime came out after the gold tier pets and it was worse also. All my mythic pets have been taken out of the rotation for all the gold tier ones. It's just the way mythic pets are now, Showy but not useful compared to event gold tiers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    It should I agree but mythic pets have only been for show since the gold tier pets came out. I don't bother with them since none seem to be good anymore. Lemon and lime came out after the gold tier pets and it was worse also. All my mythic pets have been taken out of the rotation for all the gold tier ones. It's just the way mythic pets are now, Showy but not useful compared to event gold tiers.
    That's the point I'm trying to make. Mythic is supposed to be the step between legendary and arcane. STS has never given a response on the reasoning behind making the new mythic pets poor quality. It would be nice if there were some transparency on this topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

The cloud aa are very pretty. I enjoy the display in maps and also the pet animation.

It's better than scorch the abysmal mythic dud.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The graphics are lovely, yes. The mythic unicorn is gorgeous. It is just the quality that is lacking. Mythic pets used to be so great. Everything since Grimm has been worse than some epic pets as far as stats go.