Quote Originally Posted by TerryDarc View Post
I'm curious. What stat SHOULD I be looking at if not DPS?

Birds do 100,000x the damage? Get out of here!
If you read my previous post you can get an unbiased idea.

The fox hate is quite common in pve, but it's mainly due to most foxes going savage in pve, which is not a good asset.

I'll resummarize to give you a clear idea:

Your damage is based on raw BASE DAMAGE. The DPS is the damage per second dealt by the weapon with autoattack. Since you will use skills 90% of the time you are fighting, the dps doesn't matter. Skills are based off the base damage, the higher the better. However, this is not the only main stat you look at when you are looking at a pve damage char. You must put into account HIT RATING and Crit. Hit rating is actually one of the most important stats for pve output damage, because in this game 100% hit is VERY LOW. You can see this by yourself by hosting any bsm map and look at mobs avoiding almost half your attacks as a savage fox.

In conclusion if you go savage in slayer, your attacks will miss a lot, (your crits too, that are already low in % as savage), your hits will hit for low damage due to the lower base damage, and unfortunately you won't be helping in multiclass combos.

HOWEVER: it is true that lacking roots and other skills necessary for interclass combos you aren't adding much to other classes damage output, however i can assure you that if you learn how to play a full dex fox you can get on par and even outdamage some birds on a single target like red dragon. Fox has 2 solo combos with very fast cooldown; i myself have both bird and fox at 77 and i am a pve fanatic, so i know what i am talking about. However to actually play it correctly you will also need to learn how to keep dragon against wall since in dex asset you WILL have aggro on dragon and if you don't play it right it will either go into lava or will make you go back to corner periodically(which is most pve noob foxes do).

If you want to see how it's done add me ingame

Inviato dal mio ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TL utilizzando Tapatalk