Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Market Crash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Default Market Crash

I was just thinking lately about how easy market can crash. How a worthless item can cost 30x more tomorrow or how can easy price will decrease in just few minutes. We all been affected by these sudden changes .

* Singe's egg crafting ingredient for Nekro's egg . Singe costed almost 3x more after the announcement.

* Pirate loop rings. I don't know if many of you played back then it hit the ruby of shuyal market harder than Naxbot's Vendore Store. Many sold their mythic ring for nothing and bought and overpriced epic ring. It's no joke. A lot of people lost gold.

* Rumour about Arcane Weapons getting upgraded to a higher level.

STS should think about a way to avoid market crashes by naming all their changes which can affect the market at every 3 months.

For example many people are saying eyes gems are going to cost more after halloween, i have my personal doubts .

IF StS will release a a craftable mythic weapon and the crafting ingredient is dragonite bar. Guess how much bar will cost in the next hour. ( just an example )

IF STS plans to maket an pet which can make Nekro's shield look like a JOKE. Nekro's price would decrease. ( just an example )

I know many of you don't like it but the only thing which it worths hoarding is YOUR GOLD. Nothing else. But i can give you only one advice to be protected by these kind of changes. If tomorrow plans to release mythic weapons and you are getting one from a crate/chest sell it right away. Don't keep it. Many will loot those weapons . I never been hardly affected by the any of the market crash and I don't have the gold to influence any item on market.

This thread is strictly about the market crashes. Arcane Shard's price made me write this down, a friend wanted to buy shard for 1.5m 2 days ago and i told him "don't". He listened and thank me today. The supply of arcane shards is higher with Naxbot around and those 10000 arcane shards kept in stashes.

I would have only 2 questions for STS doe . Is there any new jewel with stats near eye and paracelsus gem? How about mythic weapons level 46, are they coming with the Halloween event ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    I was just thinking lately about how easy market can crash. How a worthless item can cost 30x more tomorrow or how can easy price will decrease in just few minutes. We all been affected by these sudden changes .

* Singe's egg crafting ingredient for Nekro's egg . Singe costed almost 3x more after the announcement.

* Pirate loop rings. I don't know if many of you played back then it hit the ruby of shuyal market harder than Naxbot's Vendore Store. Many sold their mythic ring for nothing and bought and overpriced epic ring. It's no joke. A lot of people lost gold.

* Rumour about Arcane Weapons getting upgraded to a higher level.

STS should think about a way to avoid market crashes by naming all their changes which can affect the market at every 3 months.

For example many people are saying eyes gems are going to cost more after halloween, i have my personal doubts .

IF StS will release a a craftable mythic weapon and the crafting ingredient is dragonite bar. Guess how much bar will cost in the next hour. ( just an example )

IF STS plans to maket an pet which can make Nekro's shield look like a JOKE. Nekro's price would decrease. ( just an example )

I know many of you don't like it but the only thing which it worths hoarding is YOUR GOLD. Nothing else. But i can give you only one advice to be protected by these kind of changes. If tomorrow plans to release mythic weapons and you are getting one from a crate/chest sell it right away. Don't keep it. Many will loot those weapons . I never been hardly affected by the any of the market crash and I don't have the gold to influence any item on market.

This thread is strictly about the market crashes. Arcane Shard's price made me write this down, a friend wanted to buy shard for 1.5m 2 days ago and i told him "don't". He listened and thank me today. The supply of arcane shards is higher with Naxbot around and those 10000 arcane shards kept in stashes.

I would have only 2 questions for STS doe . Is there any new jewel with stats near eye and paracelsus gem? How about mythic weapons level 46, are they coming with the Halloween event ?
    They should never release teaser like I said before about stats for certain items/ eggs. Name of those are fine.

Here's a real live example: analogy below

STOCK MARKET

Think about that...

If you don't know what I'm talking about, just ignore this...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ipoopsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    They should never release teaser like I said before about stats for certain items/ eggs. Name of those are fine.

STOCK MARKET

Think about that...

This.

MMOs can be good economic simulators in many cases. The arrival of a new mythic set in the game can be compared to the release of Samsung's new phone. No one knows how significantly it will impact the economy, but there's always speculation.

A market crash is the economy's way of adapting to changes in supply and demand. If people suddenly need Drag bars to craft, then the supply in auction would be depleted until it reaches a higher price (equilibrium). As more and more people complete their Orcslayer sets, the demand for insignias will decline but the supply will still increase. As a result, the price falls (equilibrium).

People see an opportunity and they seize it. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it stings. Even if STG released info ahead of time, it would still cause what you call a market crash (as soon as they release it).
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Did shards go from 300k to 1.5m to 500k again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They should stop doing teasers....

Makes the event boring! We would rather be surprised on the day of the event and figure out what's new and what's not....

Sts always tells us what's needed before crafting or how to do this whatever... Needs to stop we need the events to be

They always announce the stuff going into the event and I always think to myself we don't even get to play the event and we know 100% of it

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itzzybizzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

teasers are okay, until certain level of detail
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

arcane shards raises and drops like a tennis ball lol(^v^)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Lol I remember the pirate rings. Those rings were the worst glitch ever in this game. That epic ring made the blood ruby look like crap when it was the best by far. I remember some people lost millions that weekend.

Picture an epic ring that has a lot more damage than the arcane one now and dropping from stages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post

STOCK MARKET

Think about that...

Well first time i agree with you,lol.
    I think they already stopped making teasers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Friday teasers didn't affect the market. This problem is since I'm playing arcane legends.

We crashed the market. we ask for buff nerf buff nerf nerf buff buff nerf all the freaking time. We can't accept our outdated items will not be the best after 2 seasons.

STS should make a public announcement in the beginning of each season with the mythic/arcane items ( pet/ring/amulet/helm/vest ) which will be released . Also during events we should be able to make gold to purchase new items but what we did ? " we don't that gem, i don't have time to farm " , " that pet was a mistake it shouldn't come back but if sts plans to give me one free i won't say no" . Our greedyness makes the market crash and our need to don't let our beloved items rest in peace.
    Last edited by Titanium; 09-12-2015 at 08:10 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Lol I remember the pirate rings. Those rings were the worst glitch ever in this game. That epic ring made the blood ruby look like crap when it was the best by far. I remember some people lost millions that weekend.

Picture an epic ring that has a lot more damage than the arcane one now and dropping from stages.
    Was one of the best glitch, made some profit with the cheap archon rings. It was too oblivious that those rings are glitched. Glitch farming ftw, game is else boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Lol why are these people blaming the market crash to teasers? I find it so helpful since teasers will help you know stuffs ahead of time! This doesnt make the market crash! It might just cause sky rocketing on items for a quite of time (e.g. shards) however it continues to drop once again! supply and demand, folks. Not the teaser.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by e'dria♡ View Post
    Lol why are these people blaming the market crash to teasers? I find it so helpful since teasers will help you know stuffs ahead of time! This doesnt make the market crash! It might just cause sky rocketing on items for a quite of time (e.g. shards) however it continues to drop once again! supply and demand, folks. Not the teaser.
    Well,in a way it does...
    The teasers sts gives us are sometimes lacking important information.
    For example,let's say that sts introduces some craftable weapons,but in the teaser, they only show the images of them.
    Of course,there must be that guy who says "they will be craftable with arcane shards!!! Buy them all while they are cheap!!!".And then,bye,bye,economy...
    But the economy rises and falls everytime.When i finished my first dragonite bar about a month and a half ago,i asked my guildies if i should sell it or should i keep it,and they said that i should sell it, cause bar price will never go up.So i sold it to a guildie for 2m,and after ursoth event (useless event btw),bars were 3.5m,and now they are close to 2m.

And now, the shards got high in price because it was announced that Stampy will need one.And they will fall in a few days,after event comes out they will rise again,and so on.

Personally,i don't say that sts should stop making teasers,i say that they should give us more detailed information.
    For example:sts introduces the craftable weapons i mentioned earlier,and everyone will get dissapointed when they learn that they have bought shards for nothing,and that the weapons need a new ingredient.

And they should make a teaser for the lore of the event.I really want to know what is going on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The title of this thread is misleading. "Questions to STS" would be better. Also, ironically, by having them answer this you'd create another "market crash" (eg. if they hinted at an eye jewel or new mythic weaponry).

Finally, it wasn't Naxbolt that filled the market with arcanes, those were the new arcane odds in the rengol crates. It didn't take rocket science to figure the supply of shards was many times over any possible demand either (unless recipe was for the next best pet and each egg needed 10 of them) when people had each hoarded dozens in their stash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    The title of this thread is misleading. "Questions to STS" would be better. Also, ironically, by having them answer this you'd create another "market crash" (eg. if they hinted at an eye jewel or new mythic weaponry).

Finally, it wasn't Naxbolt that filled the market with arcanes, those were the new arcane odds in the rengol crates. It didn't take rocket science to figure the supply of shards was many times over any possible demand either (unless recipe was for the next best pet and each egg needed 10 of them) when people had each hoarded dozens in their stash.
    First week was the big explosion of arcanes from rengol crates. I doubt are the same odds like before. It's no rocket science but many felt for it.

You can't decrease the price of eye gem with a simple " it will be a new jewel " ( since we don't have no idea what this jewel does ) . I'm pretty sure paragem's price didn't decrease or increase when eye gem was released since both are so different. Either if it will be a mythic weapon , the price is going to drop slowly everyday until halloween .

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I guess 70% on this game don't have Forum account. so please stop making teaser Friday and just release right away and
    look what happened to shard's price many new players wondered why the price just suddenly went up with a blink of and eye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

All players have access to forum.... (and it is advertised on load up screen)
    In the arcane ring example forum members were just as misinformed as regular players before the release. Only 2-3 players managed to buy the shards from the market.... The rest just realized why the market went up.

Also when game is just released sts receives no feedback. (ursoth event anyone??)

The teasers provide valuable feedback to sts.... Rememebr gambling on the forums is a risky business. (singe egg required for Nekro egg craft anyone??)

Also forum players are more exposed to buff nerf trends, and are usually the players that lose out on or gain on these items.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

24.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

One thing I've noticed is that some people undercut other merchants very aggressively on the consignment shop.

Here's an example:

The lowest priced Arcane Shard is listed at 685k.
    The next lowest is priced at 720k.

That's a 35K difference. Instead of dropping the price by 35k at a time maybe try listing your shard at 719,999 so the price only drops 1 gold at a time. That aggressive undercutting of prices drives the market down very quickly.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G-M For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that some people undercut other merchants very aggressively on the consignment shop.

Here's an example:

The lowest priced Arcane Shard is listed at 685k.
    The next lowest is priced at 720k.

That's a 35K difference. Instead of dropping the price by 35k at a time maybe try listing your shard at 719,999 so the price only drops 1 gold at a time. That aggressive undercutting of prices drives the market down very quickly.
    This post should be shown to all Auto-Leveler's.
    - Allows

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Allows. For This Useful Post:

The awoken king ate me...so I guess in his stomach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allows. View Post
    This post should be shown to all Auto-Leveler's.
    Yup
    My tyranica was undercut by 100k 3hrs ago still there -_-