Thread: (Suggestions) On King

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Cool (Suggestions) On King

As you know I belong to a PvE farming guild, we are some of the most hard core farmers in this game. The King addition into Arlor is much welcome and we enjoyed the spoils immensely with his first appearance. Our guild, collectively, has a few suggestions on future risings of the King. Please feel free to comment or share from personal or guild experience as well. These are not 'my' ideas but rather ones that have been discussed inside of Enigmatic.

1. Lengthen the time between King rising. The reason is this, allow the farmable resources a time to filter through and rise again in value. If the King is waking up every other day the value on beast ess and chests will not hold for long.

2. Remove the scaling. The King should remain a hard boss so the loot remains stable. It's not a 'secret' that the King can be killed by scaling him and this needs to be fixed so he appears, hard and challenging as intended.

3. Remove the instant pop. The King should not be there when you enter the map. There should be a mob count to further slow down the map. Why do we say this? Again, to keep the value of the loot on this boss it needs a little bit of a longer encounter.

4. Please fix the loot bug. I won't go into detail on this, but it really needs a priority from StS. Yes <Enigmatic> has been able to work out the loot within the guild, but people running in PUGs are not. Make this fair for everyone who is able to slay the King.

Thanks for listening and +1 for this wonderful addition into Arlor.

Warmly,
    Candy

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

5.Make the king have a speech bubble of some sort above his head so everyone can understand what he's saying.

And +1 to this thread.

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Imo the loot bug is the biggest issue here. I believe I have figured out how it occurs, but am not 100% sure. We did a few runs to see if it actually works, and it sort of did, sort of didnt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Yes, the combined efforts from the added loot in effigies and the significantly less orc blood magic needed for the awakening did make it a bit too fast.

From another perspective, instant spawn is actually alright because the mobs have key orcs that are designed to NOT let you pass through without giving you hell (mostly gladiator's 5s axe throw plus other stuns/pushes that are combined with engineer bombs). Clearing the path to the point the road splits is actually much safer and much less difficult.

To combat the loot bug, you can simply not use reroll for now. Crafting materials don't reroll anyway and elite orc chests are derp anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

The loot bug happens regardless of reroll.

I'm going to time the different between running and instant pop. The first pathway I think should be cleared for him to rise, just hold it off a little longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I support all this.

Unfortunately, damage is done already. Much fewer people are farming the second coming of The King. Thrid one (in a couple days I guess) will be even worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    I support all this.

Unfortunately, damage is done already. Much fewer people are farming the second coming of The King. Thrid one (in a couple days I guess) will be even worse.
    There will come a time when it takes weeks to fill the meter. So since implementing a never-ending cycle that depends on the community-wide demand for waking the king, STS will need to pay attention and casually adjust the requirement to allow for those later on who need the APs, etc. to be able to meet that goal in what they feel, in their perspective, is a reasonable time.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

To much drama about that bug.If u lucky u can get anything or u can get none.Easy!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by griokadib View Post
    To much drama about that bug.If u lucky u can get anything or u can get none.Easy!!
    Not that easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    As you know I belong to a PvE farming guild, we are some of the most hard core farmers in this game. The King addition into Arlor is much welcome and we enjoyed the spoils immensely with his first appearance. Our guild, collectively, has a few suggestions on future risings of the King. Please feel free to comment or share from personal or guild experience as well. These are not 'my' ideas but rather ones that have been discussed inside of Enigmatic.

1. Lengthen the time between King rising. The reason is this, allow the farmable resources a time to filter through and rise again in value. If the King is waking up every other day the value on beast ess and chests will not hold for long.

2. Remove the scaling. The King should remain a hard boss so the loot remains stable. It's not a 'secret' that the King can be killed by scaling him and this needs to be fixed so he appears, hard and challenging as intended.

3. Remove the instant pop. The King should not be there when you enter the map. There should be a mob count to further slow down the map. Why do we say this? Again, to keep the value of the loot on this boss it needs a little bit of a longer encounter.

4. Please fix the loot bug. I won't go into detail on this, but it really needs a priority from StS. Yes <Enigmatic> has been able to work out the loot within the guild, but people running in PUGs are not. Make this fair for everyone who is able to slay the King.

Thanks for listening and +1 for this wonderful addition into Arlor.

Warmly,
    Candy
    Best answer is to Kill the 3rd Boss FIRST and King spawn right after. This will pretty much answer to most of the questions you ask.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    Best answer is to Kill the 3rd Boss FIRST and King spawn right after. This will pretty much answer to most of the questions you ask.
    This Sir is the worst suggestion ever due to so many reasons, that it is beyond me how you couldn't think of a single one of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Sts made warriors and mages useful this event. Ive seen many parties asking for at least 1 warrior and mage, if not 2 warriors, so they can run straight to the king. Your idea is basically enforcing all rogue parties again. Then dont come onto forums asking why no one wants warriors in party again...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Sts made warriors and mages useful this event. Ive seen many parties asking for at least 1 warrior and mage, if not 2 warriors, so they can run straight to the king. Your idea is basically enforcing all rogue parties again. Then dont come onto forums asking why no one wants warriors in party again...
    The idea is for loots to retain it's value and also to farm other quest items along the way. Which part do you not understand? Running straight to the boss, will saturate certain King's loots drop and then, you will hear more whiners complaining about how there's nothing to farm.

It's already bad now with, how common the King spawns. Get the picture yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

The idea is for loots to retain it's value and also to farm other quest items along the way. Which part do you not understand? Running straight to the boss, will saturate certain King's loots drop and then, you will hear more whiners complaining about how there's nothing to farm.

It's already bad now with, how common the King spawns. Get the picture yet?
    Yes i do get it.. But now we will be back to 4 rogue parties, which i believe you did not want. Do you not understand?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Yes i do get it.. But now we will be back to 4 rogue parties, which i believe you did not want. Do you not understand?
    I understand clearly, if those rogs like to use alot of ankh, be my guest.

There's already nothing to stop a group of rogs already, what's make it any differences now.