Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP is difficult to balance because of HYBRIDS !!

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Away View Post
    The devs already said that hybrids bring more option and freedom in the game.
    This game is only in it's early stages, so don't expect PvP to be perfect.
    Expect some nerfs though.
    Shoo shoo !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just wait till the Enchantresses get there hands on thoth plate, shield, helm and weapon gear. they all have 7 int, 2 crit, 5 ms, and top end armor.
    thats gonna be the highest armor, plus 23-24 ms! and around 30+ crit at least.

/face palm

i don't even know what to say anymore...

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

*Whistles innocently*

Who has full thoth? I mean... I don't have it on my pally. I don't have 21 m/s! Don't look at me like that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    *Whistles innocently*

Who has full thoth? I mean... I don't have it on my pally. I don't have 21 m/s! Don't look at me like that!
    Lawl.. course my 13 hs / 11 ms warrior seems to be owning everything... sigh

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Paladins with 21 M/S are invincible with mana shield! FTW
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Honestly, I will probably quit this game for good if PvP stays the way it is. I CAN NOT STAND IT!!!!!! I know what to do and every tactic I use is impounded by over-powdered hybrids. This MUST be dealt with. I made a thread about this (in my signature) and no dev has responded to this subject that I've seen. I love the devs, they work hard, but this issue has to be fixed before PvP comes out. It just has to. It is by far unbalanced and now it makes me want to quit because I don't want to start over on a bow bear. I play for PvP, and I thought the dex class was the archer, but no, its really the tank class. By the way, the tank class is the dex and the tank class. Does that make any sense? No. We need something more then we have, and archers need to be given something unique. Enchantress can heal, tanks can tank and do very high DPS, but an archer is just there. We're useless. We get kills, but only if the other player is weakened or messes up, most of the time. It is extremely unbalanced and in most games over half of the people play for PvP. Not everyone will agree with me on this subject, and thats fine, but PvP is by far unbalanced. It must be fixed. The DPS class which should be one of the most powerful classes in most games, is the most under-rated class. I really want to see a dev respond and give some kind of hope to the hundreds of people who have been arguing this topic.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PvP View Post
    Honestly, I will probably quit this game for good if PvP stays the way it is. I CAN NOT STAND IT!!!!!! I know what to do and every tactic I use is impounded by over-powdered hybrids. This MUST be dealt with. I made a thread about this (in my signature) and no dev has responded to this subject that I've seen. I love the devs, they work hard, but this issue has to be fixed before PvP comes out. It just has to. It is by far unbalanced and now it makes me want to quit because I don't want to start over on a bow bear. I play for PvP, and I thought the dex class was the archer, but no, its really the tank class. By the way, the tank class is the dex and the tank class. Does that make any sense? No. We need something more then we have, and archers need to be given something unique. Enchantress can heal, tanks can tank and do very high DPS, but an archer is just there. We're useless. We get kills, but only if the other player is weakened or messes up, most of the time. It is extremely unbalanced and in most games over half of the people play for PvP. Not everyone will agree with me on this subject, and thats fine, but PvP is by far unbalanced. It must be fixed. The DPS class which should be one of the most powerful classes in most games, is the most under-rated class. I really want to see a dev respond and give some kind of hope to the hundreds of people who have been arguing this topic.
    I'm pretty positive it's not hundreds dude. >_>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    I'm pretty positive it's not hundreds dude. >_>
    Trust me, you'd be surprised.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PvP View Post
    Trust me, you'd be surprised.
    Dude, no. I just can't believe that.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

pally with full thoth FTW. but on topic hybrids IMO bring the majority of players to this game. Players usually start out as a pure. When they reach the max level, they realize there are tons of hybrids. They respec (in the meaning of having to pay money(, and spacetime studios gets that money, and is "encouraged" (i guess) to make the game better. But really though, i just think hybrids are []D_[]_[]\/[]_[]D_[]_[]\[]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    pally with full thoth FTW. but on topic hybrids IMO bring the majority of players to this game. Players usually start out as a pure. When they reach the max level, they realize there are tons of hybrids. They respec (in the meaning of having to pay money(, and spacetime studios gets that money, and is "encouraged" (i guess) to make the game better. But really though, i just think hybrids are []D_[]_[]\/[]_[]D_[]_[]\[]
    Agreed. Hybrids are a great fill-in for the lack of classes. No one wants to play the same three professions forever. Without hybrids, there would be a great lack in build variety, and that is where the fun comes from. Of course, by now, the majority of players have already accepted hybrids, and they should be on par, or even weaker then pures after the skill-conversion update.
    Last edited by Banned; 07-10-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Lawl.. course my 13 hs / 11 ms warrior seems to be owning everything... sigh
    Just wanted to note you should never need more then one thoth item on a warrior. I spam rage/evade/iron/sms/slam/beckon/hellscream nonstop and my mana doesn't even come close to dropping below 1/5th. I'd recommend isis plate and shield (as isis buckler has 4 more armor then thoth shield) , thoth helm and a bad *** one hander.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    Just wanted to note you should never need more then one thoth item on a warrior. I spam rage/evade/iron/sms/slam/beckon/hellscream nonstop and my mana doesn't even come close to dropping below 1/5th. I'd recommend isis plate and shield (as isis buckler has 4 more armor then thoth shield) , thoth helm and a bad *** one hander.
    Correct. I have one Thoth item (the rest being Isis) on my shiv bear, and have no problems with mana.