Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My Humble Suggestions On Guilds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default My Humble Suggestions On Guilds

As per requested by Justg
    ** * So I have read that guilds are going to be a big highlight in one of the upcomming updates. There are several important features, that I want to suggest, the first will be a guild bank. This is a feature a good amount of MMOs do not have, And frankly should, becuase with a shared bank, the guild will truly have to trust one another when it comes to loot sharing, and fundraising for guild upgrades(which i will mention latter), among other things you can do with it, such as, guild held prizes and events.

** *Along with the guild bank, it is abosolutely neccesary for a guild bank password. Which the leader can set and change, an give out to trusted members, and to be fair to the other members, there will be a "access" feature available to leaders an maybe sub leaders, where they have the power to allow a member a one time password free access to the bank. The guild leader can take out what the member isn't suppose to take, and leave what he needs, and let him take it, instead of meeting up and trading.

** * *Along with the ability to add gold and items into the guild bank, the guild leader should be able to set a tax rate on the transactions of guild members. This percentage would not exceed 10%, as to not be abused for personal gains. How this would work is, every time a player within the guild( including leader) recieved gold such as selling an item to another player, or npc, a percentage ( set by the leader) of that gold would be deducted from the player, and transfered into the bank. This would eliminate the problem of players who are "cheap" and are only in the guild for personal benefits.

** * *To further synergize with the guild bank system, as well as to add a much needed gold sink to the game, I think a guild Towne should be available as a purchasable upgrade. Setting the price moderaty high such at 500,000 gold for one towne(with a max of say 3?) the game would automaticly host a towne for the said guild, and it would be there permanently.*

** * *This special towne can either be accessed by the public, or be locked with a password, where only non guild members who know the password can get in, or guild members, who can automaticly get in without the request of a password. Locking and unlocking can be performed by all guild members( or only leaders and vice, I'm not sure). Additionally, all guild members have the power to kick non guild members out of the towne, while only vice and leader have the power to kick members.*

** * I believe this would be a huge gold sink for the game, as well as providing a space for private discussions, guild meetings, organizing runs and groups, or simply hanging out. This social aspect is what PL needs right now, since from experience, I forget 99% of the people i meet from pick up groups, not to mention, I don't think anyone have said a word in most games.*

** * Thank you for reading through my wall of text, may your eyes pardon my horrific formatting and abysmal grammar.*

-Adv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Instead of a towne, make guild halls that the guild can place items in. Make them cost 5 million to purchase and only available to have 1.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Elaborate on the placing items part? Do you mean for the hall to act like a guild store that's open for the public to browse in? Or a guild bank?

-Adv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Neither, like when we make our large post this will incorporate crafting, items that will make the place a comfortable place (ie. chairs, beds, tables, etc..) A guild member should be able to access the guild bank in the guild hall.

It should be like a access everything from, do everything in, ALL IN ALL.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not a bad idea, however, would this hall be able to be accessed by non members?
    Plus the prospect of having your own towne, as opposed to just abhall sounds more imposing and powerful, don't cha think?

-Adv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not really, what is special about a town?

The hall would be able to be pw'ed or left open, just like the towns. However, this eventually could turn into a crafting area, broker boards, everything a guild would need to do, they could do in their guild hall. I would suggest 3 levels of guild halls, different sizes and prices.

Level 1 - 5 Million
    Level 2 - 10 Million
    Level 3 - 30 Million
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Interesting, so each upgrade would add another floor.
    You've convinced me, a guild hall would be better, however my other suggestions still stand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, I definitely agree with a guild bank. But, guilds should have levels that guild members can do to earn xp for their guild and that is how guilds level. A guild should have to get to a certain level to get a certain guild hall. Like guild must be level 5 before they can get Guild Hall Level 1 then level 20 before guild hall lvl 2 then guild level 35 before they can have guild hall level 3. That way there is more than one thing to distinguish a guild. Also, guilds should be ranked for doing GvG, which would be if they join from their guild hall, they can be placed on a list and if any other guilds request to gvg, they can join together and that is how you will rank. Guilds need to be huge!!!!

Not just a floor, but more room, bigger ceilings, a lot nice area to enter the guild hall.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Excellent suggestions, this is a very interesting thread. We have not designed guilds yet, so it is great to get an early look into desired features!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

But xanthia, what do you think about the tax system I proposed then?
    I feel as if that's the one everyone would have a different opinion about if released.
    However, for the guild bank to be sucessful, I believe taxing income would be the only way.

Additionally, I think NPC upgrades should be able to be purchased for the guild hall.

Such as a custom potion seller that has a 5% discount over the towne one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Chairs and tables lol.

May I recommend Habbo Hotel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thoese are simply examples.

And what's wrong with habbo? Shyt was dope!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Advance View Post
    abysmal grammar
    Lol. But really, if you can use the phrase 'abysmal grammar,' you really shouldn't have to worry about it.

Also, those are EXCELLENT ideas. Some of the best I've heard. But I do think a guild tower (with extra floors, etc.) sounds cooler than a guild hall.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Advance, what purpose would you need the tax for?
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The only thing that I can think of for having a tax is being able to access the guild features.

Ex. You are able to choose your tax rate:
    Low Rate: Slight access to guild bank
    Medium Rate: Full access to guild bank
    High Rate: Full access to guild bank plus ability to go into special room in guild house that sells discounted potions/elixers.

Each rate would be a higher tax on anything you sell/buy. Other than that, I see no reason for a tax in a guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, I would rather have a set fee per month or year rather than be taxed every time I use something.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Without a tax, who would be willing to donate into the guild bank?
    who is up to the task of single handedly funding the guild with 5 million gold for a guild hall(in b4 thelolarcher)
    I think the abilty for a guild leader to charge even a 1% guild tax to be extremely benefical for the entire guild.
    Or is everyone just THAT cheap?

-Adv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know I guess I am coming from a biased view. I have always been either the GL of the guilds I have been in or Senior Councilor so I am always used to giving everything I have to the guild and have never had to ask the members to fund the guild, all my guilds have been hard core guilds. However, I guess the "Option" of placing a tax on the guild, but not making it mandatory. I guess I am expecting my guild to fund the guild hall
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've said it would be a option from the very start, you must have read me wrong.
    But I know where your comming from, only the loyal members care. But with this system in place, everyone has to chip in, and trust me, small stuff adds up.

-Adv
    Last edited by Advance; 05-30-2010 at 01:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh yes it definitely does. I think the high prices will only let the good guilds shine. Instead the guild of the minute that will be possible to make, I really hope they make, forming a guild extremely difficult. I think 5 Million to start a guild! That way there are not many players starting them, it gets really annoying when you have 100000 guilds.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom