Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warrior - Mythic weapon armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Default Warrior - Mythic weapon armor

STS,

Please explain why the new mythic weapons for rogue and mage gains so much damage, while tanks get a mythic shield that gains either negative armor compared to the old or almost no armor at all? The old bulwark gave 359 armor, the new gives either 327 (lol) or 374. Do you really think once the new mythic weapons disperse further and tanks continue to get flattened that any tanks will even care to play? No one is that masochistic, even me.

Sincerely,
    -Jexy
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

As a follow up...

I'm going to assume the new mythic weapons were increased in damage in order to work around the level 41 para gemmed mythic weapons. This would have been fine given an increase in armor for warriors - let's be honest, you need to throw warrior's a bone here. It's getting ridiculous.

#SAVETHETANKS
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I hope the price decreases significantly. Old bulwarks stats are better than the lvl 46 ones. This weapon needs more armor and health.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Coming from someone who loves playing warrior. It has gotten pretty depressing playing a warrior nowadays. I barely log onto my warrior. I miss him alot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback related to this. I'm going to jump in related to the Warrior Mythic weapon in case there is a misunderstanding on how it works.

Each enemy hit applies a stack of an armor buff. Each stack adds 25 Armor, up to 250 at 10 stacks. Each enemy hit means a single strike may hit up to 3, and grant up to 3 stacks all at once. When you reach 10 you tip over and the armor explodes dealing AoE damage to all around and taunting them all to the tank, and the cycle begins again.

The cycle of this proc rate can be very quick, and the AoE damage output does add up, as does the implicit taunting of surrounding mobs.

Is this in line with what you are experiencing playing with this weapon? From a design perspective this is certainly a tanking weapon, and not intended to be used for massive damage. If there are suggestions on changes you'd like to see after playing with it and this knowledge, we're always open to constructive feedback.

Thanks guys!
    According to Carapace's quote, each enemy hit should be granting 25 armor. Thus, that means when the tank gets hit the tank should gain 25 armor per hit (up to 10x) before the shield explodes. However, after further testing in game...apparently it seems that the tank has to hit the opponent to gain the 25 armor stacks.

Really, with mages and rogues being what they are...what tank will even get the chance to do more than 20-30 hits per duel? This, is just not right. It should be the other way around. That way, if rogues or sorcerers are using DoTs, we are actually boosting the tank's armor very very high.

Secondly, please increase the damage of the bomb for tank (when the shield explode). The damage is negligible and the warrior does not explode often enough to compensate for the lower damage. Currently, the explosion does about 400 damage. Ralistically, it should do about double that (800 damage).

Lastly, the armor needs to be increased from 25 armor per stack to at least 30 armor per stack as well as increasing the base stat armor granted in the stats to be at least slightly better than the old bulwark.

Do any warriors disagree?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    According to Carapace's quote, each enemy hit should be granting 25 armor. Thus, that means when the tank gets hit the tank should gain 25 armor per hit (up to 10x) before the shield explodes. However, after further testing in game...apparently it seems that the tank has to hit the opponent to gain the 25 armor stacks.

Really, with mages and rogues being what they are...what tank will even get the chance to do more than 20-30 hits per duel? This, is just not right. It should be the other way around. That way, if rogues or sorcerers are using DoTs, we are actually boosting the tank's armor very very high.

Secondly, please increase the damage of the bomb for tank (when the shield explode). The damage is negligible and the warrior does not explode often enough to compensate for the lower damage. Currently, the explosion does about 400 damage. Ralistically, it should do about double that (800 damage).

Lastly, the armor needs to be increased from 25 armor per stack to at least 30 armor per stack as well as increasing the base stat armor granted in the stats to be at least slightly better than the old bulwark.

I think these are great ideas to improve the new warrior mythic weapon. However, one issue I have is us warriors now being so dependent on a proc for utility of the weapon. Why are our base stats on the weapon so bad? Not asking for astronomical increase in base stats. Just increase it by a little like 50 plus armor and 75 to 100 plus HP compared to bulwark. STG has always in the past buffed these base stats accordingly with new higher level weapons. Why they decided to stop this I don't know.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    I think these are great ideas to improve the new warrior mythic weapon. However, one issue I have is us warriors now being so dependent on a proc for utility of the weapon. Why are our base stats on the weapon so bad? Not asking for astronomical increase in base stats. Just increase it by a little like 50 plus armor and 75 to 100 plus HP compared to bulwark. STG has always in the past buffed these base stats accordingly with new higher level weapons. Why they decided to stop this I don't know.
    Yep, I agree. I think I mentioned that the new Aegis should be better than the new bulwark even in base stats. The hand that tanks have been currently being dealt since Cap L31 to Cap L46 is now is not cool at all. If you scroll back a year, to L31 mythic weapons...the issue was the same. Rogues got bow, Mages got gun...tanks got stuck with a mediocre pavise.

2 years later, this issue really should be fixed. And, if STG insists on giving tanks a shield weapon...then at least make it worth the tank's while.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

This is literally a joke sts. You give rogues and mages such an op weapon. But when it comes to making tank gear etc, it makes me laugh.

Let's look at rogue bow bombs. I've done tests and a bombs with crit do 4K dmg to me. (I have 3k armor 8.7k health) .

Ok next stats of glintstone aegis shield. Vigor and might have less armor then 41 bulwark. LIKE LOL Waa that a joke? To make tanks look "op" that you give less armor to a new weapon?

Tanks literally have no chance against rogues or mages alike, even with Max gear against an average geared rogue or Mage. Sts do something right with tanks for once. And fix. Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

#savethetank
    This signature has been removed for violation of forums TOS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

really tanks weapons need a buff is a joke that lvl 41 and lvl 46 mythics dont hv a diff at all! is almost the same and if u use a perfect rein blood lvl 41 bulwark u hv better armor! need more health/armor and for sure and a fix at the proc!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Please consider buffing the HP and armor base stats on the warrior weapons. Currently us warriors have the worse mythic weapon which combined with the fact that warriors are the worse class in PVE makes us even more unwanted in runs. It also is affecting our abilities in PVP since there was no significant increase in armor or hp on our weapon to balance out the significant increase in damage of the new mythic weapons for rogues and mages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    As a follow up...

I'm going to assume the new mythic weapons were increased in damage in order to work around the level 41 para gemmed mythic weapons. This would have been fine given an increase in armor for warriors - let's be honest, you need to throw warrior's a bone here. It's getting ridiculous.

#SAVETHETANKS
    This is so true and not only that , Warriors need like 4k armor to be honest all classes need an extra 1k armor , I'm not sure what stay doing, with the para and eye involved , it' all don't make sense , these new warrior weapons are suppose to work but hey they won't work simply because of a gem, sts Hasn't realized that they need to increase stats according to end game damage , they need to match the survival with the para gems, Warriors jug suppose to work but it's broken even after a dam sec sometimes , it's suppose to last 15 sec but it can I absorb 9999999 damage coming straight towards it , crit crit after crit , so this warrior class is basically not even worth playing if all the game depends on is these gems that hardly any player can survive from. It's ridiculous. A bonesaw is alleast needed to counter damage half of what we receive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

According to carapaces quote, he is correct but he is also wrong, he doesn't notice what's happening here, we all believe the weapon should do as well as it sounds but it doesn't. And I disagree Zeus, there is no way any warrior can even survive in pvp with that item no matter how good they are we've all seen what happens how quickly they die before the clashes even begin + we can't even set Recs with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Did u tested the new weapon in elites guys ?
    What i believe is warrior class ask for buff in pve. This weapon is a nice move, aggroing, buffing and damaging at the same time, no "lucky proc" needed coz it works all the time. And btw the shield stacked if we hit and being hit

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debitmandiri For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    Did u tested the new weapon in elites guys ?
    What i believe is warrior class ask for buff in pve. This weapon is a nice move, aggroing, buffing and damaging at the same time, no "lucky proc" needed coz it works all the time. And btw the shield stacked if we hit and being hit
    The issue is this. Yes I agree with elite mobs the weapon proc is good and it procs pretty often. However, with single targets like bosses in PVE and in PVP the proc is just not useful. It just doesn't proc enough and the fight is usually over by the time it procs in PVP. With how much damage the new mythic rogue and mages weapons have us warriors cannot compete with our base armor this low on a weapon. Their damage has increased way faster than our armor or hp can handle. All I ask is that they somehow make the proc a little more useful in PVP and single boss fights or increase the base armor and hp on the warrior weapon.

Using bonesaw is not even a good option for pvp nowadays because of the lack of armor and hp bonesaw has. We warrior die before we can do much to the opponent.

I have a feeling the developers decided to lower the base stats of the new warrior mythic weapon because they anticipated the warrior weapon proc to be very useful in terms of armor stacking. But because the proc has such narrowed usefulness with just mob fighting it has crippled our ability to be effective with single boss fights and pvp because our base stats (armor and hp) on the weapon was not increased accordingly to the old bulwark. So during situations where the proc is not useful (pvp and single boss fights) we have a really subpar weapon compared to rogues and mages.

So the problem still remains. We can't help out much with boss fights. We are now only more useful with mob fights in elite. All rogue parties still dont need us because the mob densities are low on new elite maps. So warriors are still left out in the cold when it comes to pve. Unfortunately now we are significantly underpowered in pvp now too. So this weapon did not solve any of the warriors issues but made it worse.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 10-24-2015 at 11:20 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Maybe all the devs should play warriors instead of rogues.

I challenge all devs to roll a warrior. Run Rengol and Planar maps in the following parties
    -Solo
    -Warrior, Mage, Rogue, Rogue
    -Warrior, Mage, Mage, Rogue
    -Warrior, Warrior, Mage, Rogue
    -Warrior, Warrior, Warrior, Mage
    -Warrior, Warrior, Warrior, Rogue
    Now do this for a couple of weeks.

Then see if you can come back with a straight face and tell the Warriors they dont need a lil appreciation and boost in game.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sfubi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

actually i feel very useful when fighting planar tomb3 boss as a warrior, especially last season

and if sts ever release another boss that move can't be easily kited like t3 boss and hits hard like him, warrior will be a lot more useful than a mage which has most (or sometime, all) of their disabling skills don't work against boss

anyway, with this weapon, warrior gets what they were asking before, a pve only buff, sadly it heavily depends on gears....
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Warrior - Mythic weapon armor

exactly, a single weapon should not define the role of a whole class in this game even if i am really happy with this, especially when combined with the new mythic set. in my opinion all new myth stats are deliberately low so there s no room for para stacking without penalty. this holds true for all classes. there s a lot to be sorted out in pvp now, but new myth mixed pve parties are great fun at least at the moment because of the refreshed skills.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 10-24-2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Honestly I think Warrior mythic weapon should give 3000 armor instead of 300.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I agree with everything except the damage of the bomb. If you had tested this in PvE you would know how potent the explosion actually is. If the bomb damage should be increased the tanks would replace mages (even the maxed ones) and the average rogues completely for all maps except arena. Rogues will still be needed du to the boss fight, but mages will not be needed at all.