Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rogue's glintstone set......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

"We believe the set bonus is worth the tradeoff"
    I'd really like to hear an explanation from the devs how sacrificing ~1k hp, ~800 mana and ~100 dmg is worth trading to this unreliable skill perk that does not stun consistently as intended and does not even apply to ALL those caught in the trap. Yes, just a few if not only 1 is stunned for a mere second.
    Last edited by Eneysiel; 10-24-2015 at 05:54 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eneysiel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'd really like to know how this can be "worth the tradeoff"..?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iisolah View Post
    I'd really like to know how this can be "worth the tradeoff"..?
    If, if you pop 10000+ massive Ren'gol locked and get the elusive SnS egg, open it, play on pc and use a script to stack pools the trade off is totally worth it. Otherwise the skill perk is fun for sure, but that is it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    If, if you pop 10000+ massive Ren'gol locked and get the elusive SnS egg, open it, play on pc and use a script to stack pools the trade off is totally worth it. Otherwise the skill perk is fun for sure, but that is it
    Lol, great tip! I'm not a plat user though. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

As an owner of the new mythic set, I have to agree with Avaree.

Sorry, but the new mythic set is just NOT worth the cost or effort of obtaining it. I would rather use the new helm and new armor coupled with arcane ring and planar pendant. In order for the set to be worth it, the ring and amulet need a serious boost in stats.

Also, developers are forgetting not only are we sacrificing the raw stats for this skill perk, but we are also sacrificing the OP planar pendant proc (which IMO, is much better than the skill perk of this new set).

Please, it is in developers best interest to make this set worth people's while. Not only will it help boost the jewel system, but it will also encourage farming, reduce scamming, and encourage balanced parties in PvE/PvP!

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention:

4 rogues = 80% chance for one of the traps to pull & they get many procs from their planar pendant (which stuns far better than the new skill perk of traps, not to mention increases damage /crit).

Of course, the same goes for both the warrior and sorcerer mythic set.
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-26-2015 at 11:03 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

They will buff the Glintstone set when they will buff the warriors.

(never)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

yeah new myth set deserve a slight buff, at least comparable to legendaries in raw attributes, because attributes (str/dex/int) are gained mostly through level up, 6 points are freely allocated, not automatically 3 points to dex, 2 to str and 1 to int, anyway i despise the way you give different ratio for non primary attribute in gears for each class

and the lack of health and mana is saddening... even though we say that it is rogue and mage player fault to spec a full damage build, but the fact is non full dex rogue and non full int mage can't deal better damage than a full str warrior while full str warrior will always have better survivability

anyway, zeus, cute statement over there, but the chance of having any one of the four traps to pull enemies is actually around 39.84%, else five rogues will always pull enemies
    Last edited by extrapayah; 10-27-2015 at 01:16 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    yeah new myth set deserve a slight buff, at least comparable to legendaries in raw attributes, because attributes (str/dex/int) are gained mostly through level up, 6 points are freely allocated, not automatically 3 points to dex, 2 to str and 1 to int, anyway i despise the way you give different ratio for non primary attribute in gears for each class

and the lack of health and mana is saddening... even though we say that it is rogue and mage player fault to spec a full damage build, but the fact is non full dex rogue and non full int mage can't deal better damage than a full str warrior while full str warrior will always have better survivability

anyway, zeus, cute statement over there, but the chance of having any one of the four traps to pull enemies is actually around 39.84%, else five rogues will always pull enemies
    What is even cuter is Zeus' comment about the planar pendant proc. Something that is super rare even when I solo maps like t2 (once or twice per run in solo) and not really that useful if u have a mage or warrior in the party, as it spreads the mobs.The crystals are great though. I am guessing it is from a purely PvP perspective.
    The only really good thing is that the pendant proc triggers certain glitches, which have been reported and not being fixed, so now u might consider it a feature
    All this doesn't change the fact that the stats of the set are very low.

Could please a warrior and a mage post similar comparisons here?

The only mage I have seen with the set is dbspell and if I am not mistaken he has 5k health with 12 eyes in set, which seems really low considering that my alt mage has 5600 with my rogue's belt, arcane ring and planar pendant (only 1 eye in those 3) and lvl 46 legendary brutality gear without a singal gem/jewel
    Last edited by Jazzi; 10-27-2015 at 03:16 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

What is even cuter is Zeus' comment about the planar pendant proc. Something that is super rare even when I solo maps like t2 (once or twice per run in solo) and not really that useful if u have a mage or warrior in the party, as it spreads the mobs.The crystals are great though. I am guessing it is from a purely PvP perspective.
    The only really good thing is that the pendant proc triggers certain glitches, which have been reported and not being fixed, so now u might consider it a feature
    All this doesn't change the fact that the stats of the set are very low.

Could please a warrior and a mage post similar comparisons here?

The only mage I have seen with the set is dbspell and if I am not mistaken he has 5k health with 12 eyes in set, which seems really low considering that my alt mage has 5600 with my rogue's belt, arcane ring and planar pendant (only 1 eye in those 3) and lvl 46 legendary brutality gear without a singal gem/jewel
    In a timed run, those crystals proc a lot. Additionally, if you are skilled enough, there are ways to further the chance to proc. It's actually a practice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Rogue's glintstone set......

all sets need some stat boost. i love the axe throw and honestly warriors got the best out of all classes here, but it should be worthwile for all and not feel like a downgrade. my guess is the stats are deliberately low to prevent para stacking/ help balance classes, but at least make the proc worthwhile!

edit: i have to add: yes, my health, armor and mana went down as well.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 10-27-2015 at 05:23 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    In a timed run, those crystals proc a lot. Additionally, if you are skilled enough, there are ways to further the chance to proc. It's actually a practice.
    Why would the pendant proc more in a timed run then in a solo run in elite with max possible pulls? Makes no sense to me. The proc is based on hits taken. One would always take the most hits in a solo run. Yes there are ways to make it proc more like sitting a poison pool. Anyway the proc is still very counter-productive in PvE. The crystals are great, the stun is great, but the way it spreads the mobs is not at all. Most importantly though the planar pendant proc is not something u can rely on. The skill perk of the lvl 46 set is much more reliable, but the health and especially mana pools u get with it are unacceptable. If you play with 4 attack skills (aimed, nox, piercer and sss) u need 1.5 mana potions per combo?!? Seems really not well thought through on StS' side.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    all sets need some stat boost. i love the axe throw and honestly warriors got the best out of all classes here, but it should be worthwile for all and not feel like a downgrade. my guess is the stats are deliberately low to prevent para stacking/ help balance classes, but at least make the proc worthwhile!

edit: i have to add: yes, my health, armor and mana went down as well.
    The armor too? Well that makes absolutely no sense for a warrior imo. The "best"set giving less armor than the old gear.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    ... but it should be worthwile for all and not feel like a downgrade....
    Was a huge down grade in mana and hp..the upgrade in entangling trap is fun, but it dont add any party buffs, and if it stuns, its (majority of the time) a 2 sec stun, very rarely when i have tested, witnessed a 4 sec stun.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Why would the pendant proc more in a timed run then in a solo run in elite with max possible pulls? Makes no sense to me. The proc is based on hits taken. One would always take the most hits in a solo run. Yes there are ways to make it proc more like sitting a poison pool. Anyway the proc is still very counter-productive in PvE. The crystals are great, the stun is great, but the way it spreads the mobs is not at all. Most importantly though the planar pendant proc is not something u can rely on. The skill perk of the lvl 46 set is much more reliable, but the health and especially mana pools u get with it are unacceptable. If you play with 4 attack skills (aimed, nox, piercer and sss) u need 1.5 mana potions per combo?!? Seems really not well thought through on StS' side.

You keep running a timed run until everything aligns just right.

Anyways, between the new set and old set I've found the procs to be far more useful. The set just gives up far too much damage to be of any use when a timed runner can simply run map continuously until traps pull just right and procs happen at the right time.
    Last edited by Zeus; 10-28-2015 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

You keep running a timed run until everything aligns just right.

Anyways, between the new set and old set I've found the procs to be far more useful. The set just gives up far too much damage to be of any use when a timed runner can simply run map continuously until traps pull just right and procs happen at the right time.

I still don't get the quote in bold. Other than that I am familiar with the concept of running the map until thing align in your favour.

Anyway this is all off topic. I hope StS would reply here. After all this thread is in the right forum section .

Honestly the damage loss is not that huge and might be offset by the skill perk, but the rest is a bit too much imho, especially the crazy low mana.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

I still don't get the quote in bold. Other than that I am familiar with the concept of running the map until thing align in your favour.

Anyway this is all off topic. I hope StS would reply here. After all this thread is in the right forum section .

Honestly the damage loss is not that huge and might be offset by the skill perk, but the rest is a bit too much imho, especially the crazy low mana.

thanks Jazzi

*Out*of*thanks*
    Avy
    12-2012

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Yes yes and yes. Agree with most everything said here. I have nothing to add except make the rogue glow different all together or tone down the light, it really hurts my eyes and I get a headache after seeing it for more than a couple minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Ohh and one more thing..Please grant us our glintstoned Ap and title!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

After the update yesterday, I was hoping to see the traps fixed and working according to previously stated--> ( http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...hic-Gear-Stats ) Traps are inconsistent with the length of stun ( I have seen more 1-2 second stuns than 4 sec stuns), and usually i see only one baddy is stunned.
    I do like the set bonus with the entangling trap 100% pull (providing the trap opens) & love the idea of the chance of a 4 sec stun, but the bonus (especially as it is now), isn't an equal trade off of for what rogues loose in HP & mana. Keep in mind, currently, only 4 (maybe 5 ) rogues have the complete set of Glintstone, this is why there is little feed back. (I think only three warriors currently have the full set, mages i have only seen one with the full set)

***Also I do see where the devs are going with this idea of the glintstone, and its a brilliant idea, but just don't short change us (all classes) in areas that help us survive.***

Will there be any "buff" in mana and Hp with this set? Can we get a devs response ?
    Last edited by Avaree; 10-30-2015 at 08:42 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I guess, to make jewel combo to adjust all class mystic set. Finesse+water; mind+nature; fury+diamond; chaos+lighting.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ucupduyeh For This Useful Post: