Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | November 4, 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Of course they are.

My question is:

What do you mean coalesce jewel? Does this mean form jewels in our inventory!? Does this mean new type of jewels?

The addition of this jewel elixir really doesnt help the jewel system much except by reducing the value of the jewels people have currently invested in if it is only going to increase jewel drop rates.

We want a look at the jewel system so that at endgame the jewels are at par with eyes and paras. Adding higher tier for the current jewels solves this, either this or combined jewels which almost everyone is posting about.
    i believe this is how it works, u kill this monster, chaos jewel drop, then u activate the lix and for the next 15 mins, u will have higher chance of looting chaos jewel in any map with chaos jewels

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

8 plats for an elix? here's a computation luck elix is 12k or for 4 plats so times 2 coz its 8 plats so total this jewel elix will cost more or less 24k at auction and its for only 15mins?!!! in 1hr need 4 eqauls to 96k?!! so why buy this elix when u can buy cracked jewels for less than wat u can buy those jewel elix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Tupas View Post
    8 plats for an elix? here's a computation luck elix is 12k or for 4 plats so times 2 coz its 8 plats so total this jewel elix will cost more or less 24k at auction and its for only 15mins?!!! in 1hr need 4 eqauls to 96k?!! so why buy this elix when u can buy cracked jewels for less than wat u can buy those jewel elix.
    The new jewel elixir is not treadable so u wouldnt be able to purchase it unless u have platinum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Once again the priority is given only to real cash spenders who buy plats. Make the elixirs purchasable by gold adjascent to platinums.
    Example : Luck elixir can be bought for 4 plats so, make it purchasble even using gold by calculating the amount of gold that we can buy for 4 platinums or fix a standard price.
    Guess elixirs wont be needed to farm cracked Nature, Water & Diamond jewels as their drop rate is more than expected all over arlor.
    Please make forged energy kits stashable, just stashable not tradeable.
    Last edited by Ceuidear; 11-04-2015 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i want free Platinum for all ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    It's raining--jewels!

Greetings Legends, and welcome to your weekly community update!

Announcements

Drink up, drop jewels.

Okay, so they aren't RAINING, but we do have a special new surprise for you legends out there who have been hard at work farming jewels. Introducing, Jewel Elixirs. This new elixir will arrive in game tomorrow and can be consumed to temporarily grant you the chance to magically coalesce a jewel type of your choice from damage dealt to a PvE enemy.

Jewel Elixirs will cost 8 platinum and grant you this special power 15 minutes. It even has a rare chance to drop a damaged jewel! But, remember, even the most powerful elixir can't make jewels drop where they do not. So, if you're after a particular jewel, you'll want to make sure you're farming in the appropriate zones.

Not sure where your favorite jewel drops? Check out Ravager's awesome guide to drop locations, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ewel-Drop-info

Game News and Updates

The Kraken Mines are Now Open--to Everyone!

The Kraken Mines have long been a farming destination for Arlorians everywhere. Starting tomorrow, we remove the level requirement so that players of any level can now join their friends in the Kraken Mines zones.

Game Updates & Bug Fixes

+ Reduced the brightness of the Mythic Set visual effects.

Coming Soon

Did someone say BIRTHDAY? Arcane Legends' 3rd birthday is coming up fast. Tell us--what do YOU want for your birthday, Arlor?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Next?

What do you want to see next, folks? Let us know in the comments what you would like to see us put our attention on next and share your most brilliant ideas. I'll see you in next week's update!
    wow. . no congratulations from sts to the lb winners. .
    sorry lb winners. . double blow for you'll. . chaos jewels price will drop because of this event

sts you'll could have made It a 2x jewel drop event. . . but you'll decided to milk Us!!
    8 plat is daylight robbery
    jewel elixir =25% value when compared to luck elixir

@caraprace
    gm had a hot streak of five min. . . 8-9 jewels
    8-9? ??. . . was he not paying attention to what he was Doin? (could explain why new client is so bugged )

@ remiem
    you talk about transparency. . could you'll explain why there were statutes at the para boss distracting our Pets!!
    ppl asked why but none received an answer. . maybe you could care to enlighten us
    Last edited by aneshsinghblu; 11-05-2015 at 12:30 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aneshsinghblu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Old heraldics as vanities!

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eski For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Did someone say BIRTHDAY? Arcane Legends' 3rd birthday is coming up fast. Tell us--what do YOU want for your birthday, Arlor?
    What I would want for Arlor's Birthday - a new cake baking Mini event!

A Boss (a character who is famous throughout Arlor as the most skilled chef, owner of secret ancestral recipes and ingredients) will be in his or her kitchen (boss map) baking a wonderful birthday cake, the recipe (loot drop) of which is a well-guarded secret. Arlorian heroes must find their way to this Boss and sedate him/her to steal the recipe and some ingredients (loot drops). The cake is the most delicious cake ever and magical.

When the players loot the recipe and ingredients and bake their own cakes (these freshly baked cakes can be up for sale in auction but recipe will have to be non-stashable/non transferable), consuming the cake grants them one of 3 things - 1. a rare non-transferable Vanity "Aura" (for example the pink glowing effects on Boogie's mobs that we saw in Boogie's Mansion) or 2. a Birthday hat (more common loot) or 3. some gold.

'Vanity Aura' will need a new slot though. :P
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 11-05-2015 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    It's a delicate balance between introducing enough jewels to be appropriate without breaking jewel farming for the rest of the game. Once these jewels are added to the world there is no removing them outside of upgrading which will likely have an effect on secondary economy for sought after jewels like Chaos and Fury. It's a legitimate concern on both ends of the spectrum, and we feel this is a great starting point for playing with such things that sits somewhere in the middle.

This is also a weekend event and not a permanent addition to the elixir inventory.
    i definitely agree by having permanent aspect, jewels price will only go down by time, but in actual, the number needed to farm a noble jewel (2187 cracked jewel) is inhuman, and if you're planning to add 9th tier jewel (if you're not, then nvm me), we will need another 4374 cracked jewel to upgrade each noble we have (if any), it will become endless grinding for most of the players here

anyway, i think you need to reconsider your way of calculate when releasing number of materials needed to craft items/gears in the future. jewels, slain king weapons, and new mythic set crafting materials is way too huge, even with serious farming, players will mostly only able to purely farm those materials after season is ending, with exception of jewels, since those are impossible to pure farm.

and i don't think it is bad for jewel price to go down, it is meant to phase and overpower gems at some time anyway
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

We want plat sale 50% !!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Overall I'm not sure if I like this jewel elixir idea. The end result is that I think jewel prices will drop. While that may sound good to many of you who are trying to build noble jewels, just remember that jewels is one of the best things to farm this season. In fact, I'd say that most of the gold I've earned this season has been from jewels. If they drop way down in price, jewel farming will become a waste of time, and in a season where there is not much else to farm, that could create issues.

The only good thing is that the cost of the jewel elixir is somewhat high. Hopefully that puts a cap on how low the price of jewels will go before it no longer pays to buy the elixirs. However, just keep one thing in mind.... unlike eggs that get opened and used up, and gems that get put on gear and cannot be reused, jewels can be reused over and over. So once a decent portion of the AL population maxes out their jewels, then the price plummets and then there is no going back and fixing it. It is not an item that the player base will need an endless supply of. So monitor this very carefully please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Please STS make them trade able for non plat users We expect the fun too!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shobhit Chaturvedi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think we want elix n ankhs including jewel elix kits , thx a lot for new elix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

+ Combined jewel recipes: Another solid suggestion. Thank you! For now, we have a pretty good idea of where we would like the jewel system to go and are allowing it to play out a bit before making any major changes. We hope you'll enjoy the Jewel Elixirs as a new way to get the jewels that you want.

Been months since jewel system was introduced, thing is I seen so many complaints from everyone about it. People didn't talk about something more "broken" like this not even when SNS was released. We got a Stampy in return but it came out after 14 months after. Don't make us wait too long because right now the difference from all the players are the eye/para gems. How we are supposed to compete with other players since eye sells for 4.5m and paragem - 10m.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey Kinzmet,

While it sounds expensive, we feel the price point justifies the accelerated rate at which you can farm jewels with these elixirs, we're looking forward to seeing how you guys like them!

To provide more details on how the Jewel Elixirs work:

- You can purchase an elixir for a specific jewel type. You can also purchase multiple jewel elixir types to farm different jewels at the same time, provided the zone drops the jewels you are trying to farm. You cannot purchase multitudes of a specific elixir, the current one must fall off first.

- Jewel Elixirs count down in ALL PvE zones, but not in Town or PvP. This means if you buy a Water Jewel Elixir and a Chaos Jewel Elixir, then proceed to farm in a zone where Water Jewels do not drop you will lose the benefit of the Water Jewel Elixir so choose wisely.

- Jewel Elixirs are not tradeable at this time, they apply directly to you once purchased from the vendor

Coalesce?
    This is a fancy word for "form" basically. What this means is that it will generate and place in your inventory the a jewel of the Elixir type that is active when the proc goes off! GM has played with this and in one hot streak of about 5 minutes he acquired about 8 or 9 cracked jewels of the elixir he was testing.

It's important to note Jewel Elixirs proc off of damage dealt, and not on death of an NPC! Be sure to layer on your DoT abilities and watch the jewels come flying in!
    Thanks for explaining.
    I understand you guys wanted to intoduce jewels to the market but limiting it so it will not affect the current jewel economy. But making it untradeable means its a weekend event only for plat spenders? While the non-plats would only benefit from it in the market with cheaper jewels (If i'm right it would cause a slight price drop).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    Been months since jewel system was introduced, thing is I seen so many complaints from everyone about it. People didn't talk about something more "broken" like this not even when SNS was released. We got a Stampy in return but it came out after 14 months after. Don't make us wait too long because right now the difference from all the players are the eye/para gems. How we are supposed to compete with other players since eye sells for 4.5m and paragem - 10m.
    Players who work hard farming and earn the money to buy those pricey gems deserve to have an advantage over other players who don't have them. There should always be something that is pricey and expensive that only a few can afford. Last season it was the arcane ring, this season it is gems. Making it so that nothing gives an advantage will make most of the hardcore gamers playing AL bored and will cause them to quit (myself included).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    ... Making it so that nothing gives an advantage will make most of the hardcore gamers playing AL bored and will cause them to quit (myself included).
    So will the impossibility of getting that advantage tbh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Players who work hard farming and earn the money to buy those pricey gems deserve to have an advantage over other players who don't have them. There should always be something that is pricey and expensive that only a few can afford. Last season it was the arcane ring, this season it is gems. Making it so that nothing gives an advantage will make most of the hardcore gamers playing AL bored and will cause them to quit (myself included).
    Well, I wasn't reffering for something equivalent with eye/para. But something near so it could fill the gap. I have eyes and para aswell in my set. STS should focus on the elite content so hardcore players could stay active.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

How to go kraken mine? lvl 13 can get quest to enter?
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

those jewel elixers sounds like a fun an nice idea. maybe add them to klaas and shazbot surprise boxes ?.
    Line ID: Amborion