Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.2 Content Update (60162)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    There are a few brand new drops.

They are extremely rare.

(They also do not drop in the 'Boss Gauntlet.' They only drop in the new Forest Haven campaign chapters one (1) to five (5)).

- Cinco
    Thanks..may I ask if they're pink drops? Back to farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    so are there no new drops as of right now or are they just extremely rare?
    very rare.
    yes, i can feel your pain

oh thats right
    no i cant.
    im kidding.

no im not.

yes i am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Umm my quest said to rescue Swift from Silknight. I used "go to" to go to the correct map, but cleared it with no sign of Swift. Perhaps the quest log could give more details?
    (Missing the arrow beneath my feet.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Umm my quest said to rescue Swift from Silknight. I used "go to" to go to the correct map, but cleared it with no sign of Swift. Perhaps the quest log could give more details?
    (Missing the arrow beneath my feet.)
    you have to go to the end of the map

then talk to swift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

The quest "My Plate is Empty" is much easier to complete in the 'Cult Crypts' mini-dungeon. The quest currently has its "Go To" button sending you to the final chapter of the new campaign - but I will change it so that it takes you to the mini-dungeon. This fix will probably be available sometime tomorrow.

In general, Burke's quests will be easier to complete in one of the mini-dungeons. There are a LOT of armored "Rogues" in the 'Cult Crypts' mini-dungeon - making it pretty easy to pick up the scraps of plate, chain, leather, etc. required for the crafting quest series.

We wrote the "Crystal Skull" quest to be completed by defeating Silknight (not Skeller). She does not drop the 'Crystal Skull' objective every time, though.

Thanks for all the feedback!!

- Cinco
    Thank you for the fixes! As for the way the new Crystal Skull quest works, I see what you did there. Took me five tries off Skeller back in the day. You guys just changed who to kill, rate of drop remains the same.

Any ETA on the icons on the Host Game screen getting back their pictures? Currently they're all empty of character pictures. Like Crocs have no crocs and Expedition has no Yetis like it used to. Also Shadow cave all say I instead of I through V.
    I *think* I know what you're asking... and the answer is "Yes...?"

- Cinco
    Speaking of torches, the quest that requires you to light torches seems to be a bit buggy still. That is to say the level in which to complete it is. There are four torches and only two of them go out and count for this quest. The other two are in the boss room and are continuously on, making the boss very trivial because of no Shadows spawning. Is this intended?
    There are a few brand new drops.

They are extremely rare.

(They also do not drop in the 'Boss Gauntlet.' They only drop in the new Forest Haven campaign chapters one (1) to five (5)).

- Cinco
    May I ask what the point is of doing Boss Gauntlet is then? The level 20ish and 30ish drops are nice money at that level (Please don't disable these), but other than that, why disable the new pinks dropping in Gauntlet? That makes it barely worth doing IMHO. The fact that mini dungeon bosses can drop the same loot as regular bosses has been a staple. Are you guys aiming to change this and make mini dungeons have less point? May I please ask why this is being done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post

then talk to swift.
    Actually mine completed by just coming close to his cage.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-31-2011 at 06:39 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post

then talk to swift.
    Ugh it's quite annoying when the "go to town" buttons pop up when you still need to look for something/someone. Perhaps a way to hide those if you're not finished with the map yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the boss with the torches, they do shut off and shadows spawn. But it seems to be a random event. Or maybe you have to cross a specific point in the room. I don't know for sure. But it's happened 3 out of the 4 times I did the area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Played through it and I like the new acid puddles and such great job devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sweet gonna go check it out...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's the lowest the pink gear goes level wise?
    Clownasaurus, Xathumm, Archercroww, Funkyclown, Funkysaurus, Winterbearpig, Tvvinkasaurus, Requicide, Twinkasaurus, Merchasaurus, Helpasaurus, Lvlonetvvink, Vanitycloset, Clownbearpig, Clovvnbearpig.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Very cool. On the torches, I finished that quest in the Gauntlet as there were only 2 torches needing lighting in FH5.
    In the gauntlet, when you clear, the screen says Next Level + Back to Town. Either one takes you to town.

Love all the traps, explosions, etc. However, haven't dropped anything interesting yet :P And running out of quests...

Oh yeah, maybe this is already done, but my level 1's can't access Balefort CS (or Stash) anymore. But two of them, I think, had auctions :P
    *duck* so um, these should probably be popped off. Though I suppose 3 months isn't forever...
    Last edited by Fyrce; 06-01-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Star light, star bright...

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Devs, wonderful work. Nice sound effects (evil laugh at the torch stage), tricky traps, new enemies (i like the meathead keeper and the gurgox-like meathead) and wonderful to see maps (aka eyecandies, i am fond of the last level - the mausoleum). Two question: 1) where is the youtube link to see new weapons? I can't find it 2) Are you going to re-vamp other campaigns of the main spine (dark forest, fanthom crypts...)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hopefully they revamp all campaigns, the ones ones are much better and im hoping new players might stay with PL longer now if the new area is much more fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

its nice made, but the amount of trapps is annoing now...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    its nice made, but the amount of trapps is annoing now...
    Agreed...
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    the amount of trapps is annoing now...
    I would have to agree. Any other campaign has maybe two different types of traps usually an exploding barrel and an aoe trap (swamp gas, firetrap). This revamp has 4 different types of traps and this is the only campaign for level 1-10! I would like it much better if the type of traps was cut down to two (exploding barrel and infectious ooze), the Silknight thorn and fire needing water to put out is just a bit over the top. You can barely move in FH5 without running into a trap or another, I think in some areas there are two traps that occupy the same space. Save the thorn trap for the Dark Forest revamp, maybe add the permafire/water trap to a new campaign with a fire theme (Fire Mountain, Underworld).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Very cool. On the torches, I finished that quest in the Gauntlet as there were only 2 torches needing lighting in FH5.
    In the gauntlet, when you clear, the screen says Next Level + Back to Town. Either one takes you to town.

Love all the traps, explosions, etc. However, haven't dropped anything interesting yet :P And running out of quests...

Oh yeah, maybe this is already done, but my level 1's can't access Balefort CS (or Stash) anymore. But two of them, I think, had auctions :P
    *duck* so um, these should probably be popped off. Though I suppose 3 months isn't forever...

I had to do new quest in FH in order access stash, CS, and purchase pots from Ellie with my lvl 1.

Chronicler of Alterra Bobloblaw's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The revamp is nothing less than amazing! So impressed.

Also, I LOVE the "Funke Ursan"! Thanks for the homage.
    Tobiiasfunke: 55 Dex Penguin, Busterrbluth: 33 Dual Bear, Bobloblaaw: Bank Pally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Oh yeah - I remember adding those Level 25 + drops back in the day.
    Happy to nerf those drops, too. Thanks!

- Cinco
    You added those as cross level drops in Skeleton Cult Crypts, The King's Forest, etc., but they weren't ever a part of FH I - X, were they?

I like the new environmentals. I brought my wife in for a look-see yesterday. It was her first run. She had a great time. It was a positive first time experience. So, I think the re-fit is great.

But these cross level drops are a bug. Noobs need to be getting drops they can use. Now she's looking at this level 30 Ezeria's Lighting Wand and she thinks it's great, but you and I know it's liquidation fodder. All her level 6 needs is an orange fireblaster. That's what used to drop on a good day. She advanced 6 levels and did not get one useable drop. *shrug* so it's broken. I'm sure you'll have it fixed before she plays again, if ever. LOL!

And I want to say thanks again for doing another free thing. You guys and your free stuff are so cool.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I would have to agree. Any other campaign has maybe two different types of traps usually an exploding barrel and an aoe trap (swamp gas, firetrap). This revamp has 4 different types of traps and this is the only campaign for level 1-10! I would like it much better if the type of traps was cut down to two (exploding barrel and infectious ooze), the Silknight thorn and fire needing water to put out is just a bit over the top. You can barely move in FH5 without running into a trap or another, I think in some areas there are two traps that occupy the same space. Save the thorn trap for the Dark Forest revamp, maybe add the permafire/water trap to a new campaign with a fire theme (Fire Mountain, Underworld).
    I concur.

Also after you finish all of the quests and have 193/212 the hint you're given in your quest log is incorrect.
    PL Anibird- Level 66 Bird Anicat- Level 65 Mage Anibear- Level 66 Bear
    SL Ani- Level 35 Operative Animeva- Level 30 Commando Anibird- Level 27 Engineer