Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Juggernaut Change Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

If this adjustment is about PvP and/or twink warriors being OP, then feel free to disregard this post.

However, I honestly don't believe that changing Jugg is a viable way to "fix" the warrior situation in PvE, which is the main concern players have with class balance at the moment.

The entire problem with warriors in PvE is that they slow down runs immensely, they find it increasingly difficult to hold aggro, and skills that should be blocking boss windups are no longer doing that. I don't see warriors in PvE having any issues with lack of armour or health, making this adjustment irrelevant for that aspect of the game.

The way the Juggernaut taunt is set up just doesn't work in a situation where you are supposed to be holding aggro against high damage, fast-hitting companions (rogues & mages). The length of the cooldown also makes this skill impractical at best in PvE.

I think it would be better to give chest splitter a proper reach and allow it to block windups again, and possibly give windmill back some of its original oomph and have it strike 5 mobs not 3, or else throw taunt on Vengeful Blood.

Another option would be to make it so that if a warrior is present, the party has 50% immunity to the debilitating effect of the map - (this would be stuns in Ren'Gol or poison pools in Shuyal, etc.)
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-11-2015 at 11:56 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    Juggernaut's lengthy cooldown means it is essentially a single-use skill in any given pvp battle. It's great to see the health boost portion skill finally be made scalable. My concern with attaching the scale to the armor value (other than the ridiculous permanent aimed shot debuff mentioned by Madnex) is that it would end up being confusing. Players would be stuck having to make a complex calculation to determine the actual benefit to them personally. It may be less interesting, but I support the level scalar where the health benefit is based on level. Straightforward is better when you're spec-ing in game, both for new players and veterans.

Another thought is that it seems disruptive, unfair and upsetting to take away almost all of the expected benefit that shark (lower level pvp) warriors have had for years. If this change had been made during the level 26 cap you'd hear justified accusations that STS was nerfing warriors. Imagine the outcry retroactively... yikes! I think pinning the 300/500 health benefit to a 'fair' level like level 21 may be a possible solution.

Tap (+10/lvl) Charge (tap*1.66)
    1 100 167
    6 150 250
    11 200 333
    16 250 417
    21 300 500
    26 350 583
    31 400 667
    36 450 750
    41 500 833
    46 550 917

I hope sometime in the very near future developers seriously address Aimed Shot. This one skill is responsible for nearly all claims of class imbalance and all the drama has come with them. It gives rogues insanely overpowered damage output that will only get worse with each level cap. I've heard comments like: "...rename the game to Rogue Legends." AS is a game-breaker that's never been seriously addressed. Juggernaut isn't nearly enough to balance out AS, but it should be.
    The Mage buffs came due to aimed shot's capabilities. Nerf that and everything else has to go backwards as well. Don't forget that lightning hits pretty dang hard these days too - enough to one combo me.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Welp,at least they found out warriors exist.
    Now they have to make them not slowing runs in pve.

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The Mage buffs came due to aimed shot's capabilities. Nerf that and everything else has to go backwards as well. Don't forget that lightning hits pretty dang hard these days too - enough to one combo me.
    Only difference with aim and lightening is armor reduce on aim and %25 hit chance reduce on lightening all else is pretty much the same %250 dmg increase on critical is same as aim and lightening but lightning can hit multiple targets too lol... I see lightening kill rogues behind me really living up to its real time reputation lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I agree with you Zeus completely.
    I'm glad they are finally going to show some love to tanks but this won't help much at all...

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Just let jug be like hitting a brick wall we still have tons of weaknesses to exploit deflect DMG on jugg is also another idea... Dont nerf us please I was just about to strip my tank and invest in mage..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

God, I twink as a tank at 33 with the best gears but quit because the jug could be broken so easily by rogues who can one shot crit through 25% The only thing this is going to do at that level will be to heal 200 less hp and still the jug breaks. Either make the cool down a bit shorter or make the % that it heals a bit higher or make the jug last longer. You're not really helping warriors other than nerfing the low level twinks. In fact at 46, you're roughly the same as now which is no improvement at all.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    If this adjustment is about PvP and/or twink warriors being OP, then feel free to disregard this post.

However, I honestly don't believe that changing Jugg is a viable way to "fix" the warrior situation in PvE, which is the main concern players have with class balance at the moment.

The entire problem with warriors in PvE is that they slow down runs immensely, they find it increasingly difficult to hold aggro, and skills that should be blocking boss windups are no longer doing that. I don't see warriors in PvE having any issues with lack of armour or health, making this adjustment irrelevant for that aspect of the game.

The way the Juggernaut taunt is set up just doesn't work in a situation where you are supposed to be holding aggro against high damage, fast-hitting companions (rogues & mages). The length of the cooldown also makes this skill impractical at best in PvE.

I think it would be better to give chest splitter a proper reach and allow it to block windups again, and possibly give windmill back some of its original oomph and have it strike 5 mobs not 3, or else throw taunt on Vengeful Blood.

Another option would be to make it so that if a warrior is present, the party has 50% immunity to the debilitating effect of the map - (this would be stuns in Ren'Gol or poison pools in Shuyal, etc.)
    Good point too pve aspect need consideration and yes I dont need excess armor in pve but I feel useless in party And yes Chest Spliter Is a Tank aim shot but it have no aim... you'll miss target would be better if you still auto hit without letting go of joystick this handicap allow target to gain unreachable distance expect to miss %50 of the time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    God, I twink as a tank at 33 with the best gears but quit because the jug could be broken so easily by rogues who can one shot crit through 25% The only thing this is going to do at that level will be to heal 200 less hp and still the jug breaks. Either make the cool down a bit shorter or make the % that it heals a bit higher or make the jug last longer. You're not really helping warriors other than nerfing the low level twinks. In fact at 46, you're roughly the same as now which is no improvement at all.
    Yes seems to be the case here..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

As long as a tank heal HP should be fully restored like rogue and mage I let my HP drop %2 on day heal and after heal cycle complete with overtime heal I'm still short by %10 I have to wait until CD and heal again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    These are good discussion points. If the primary concern is also the PvP effect of armor debuffs from Rogues and some PvE content, I have another idea that may help.

A charged Juggernaut provides immunity to armor debuff effects and removes any current armor debuffs from themselves would help, as an added component to one of the upgrade skills. This, in theory would alleviate the major down point to this change similar to what Zeus is describing. The casting warrior would receive the immunity for the duration of the buff, and nearby allies could receive a one off cleansing of armor reducing debuffs. It could be reapplied of course by a follow up aimshot, but could prove circumstantially relevant.

A secondary consideration with the scale increase per level is possible, however some numbers would have to be crunched to see what that would look like at an exaggerated level cap.

Good thoughts, keep the feedback coming.
    This is great, however as mentioned before...the values you are currently proposing still need to be buffed up by 5-10% IMO. Otherwise, it just makes lower level tanks too weak and only fixes end game.

So, tanks would essentially gain a 400ish armor boost, depending on their level of armor while jugg being close to the static numbers it used to have (at end game). I think, this, will be an appropriate buff for tanks. It is not as if this makes tanks unkillable, it just makes them almost unstoppable while on this skill which is the intention of a skill named juggernaut.

Anyone looking to kill a tank now will have to adjust their skill timings to know when to do damage and when not to.

On PVE side, I think this would be welcome as well.

+1 for me.

Thanks for taking my advice into account!
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-12-2015 at 01:21 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I don't find this any useful! We were asking for buff not a debuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i'm with thundrys with how juggernaut's health scale by giving an initial value and then scale based on character level (in his example he gave 100 health as initial value, probably a bigger value is prefered, but hey, i don't pvp much), and agree to some degree about AS, AS make rogue a spellcaster, but probably it is what make AL's rogue unique

also, a bit out of topic though, any skill that has a fixed value (not percentage) should scale by character's level, because devs made the skills' mana consumption grow by level, imagine how bad it is a character that don't spec a full primary attribute with this system (mana consumption increase per character level, but effectiveness is not, depends purely on stat)

and yes with only change in how jugg scale its hp buffs, it won't help solving warrior's problem in pve, but the consideration in the original was all about pvp, so pve players can't say much about it, because how different balance in pvp compared to pve
    Last edited by extrapayah; 11-12-2015 at 02:00 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

How about scale with hp ?
    15% hp tap, 20% hp charged.
    Armor value is too low.
    And plus that armor reduction debuff immunity. Come on, warrior should be a real tank, a front wall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Jugg should be unbreakable and the CD time is really really high make it 30 sec at least warriors needs major skills buff i cant vs a rogue or mage these days lol cuz jugg is breaking so fast even in clash and pve my opinions are
    1- jugg be unbreakable lasts for 15 sec and CD time 30sec
    2- vb do more dmg in pve and applies to near by allies so warrriors can be back to be pve again , and in pvp vb is needed in clashes for mana or when warrior vs warrior vb should give +1k hp if charged and %5 higher dmg than it gives now or %2.5
    3- skyward smash this skill is being useless atm u cant use it in pvp cuz ull die fast without feeble
    4- windmill is a pve skill it should do more dmg and less CD time
    5- chest spilter is a good skill but it misses targets alot so it should be like skyward never misses a target
    6- rallying cry was a usefull skill before cuz of the speed the gives in clash but not anymore cuz of nekro basicly its a dead skill Let rallying cry give u an armor buff that applies to ur allies + higher speed than nekro for both pvp/pve

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mariohekmat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I was thinking on what if Jugg hp bonus demand on the armor value...
    Example: 2500 armor gives the exact 2500hp as well.
    Normal skill tap gives 50% and charged gives 100% hp bonus...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

There are many great suggestions listed here but its hard to say which will be optimal. What matters to me is that after these changes are applied, please don't abandon this thread in case we need to adjust/revise things.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I can't comment at all on the low levels as I don't do pvp at twink levels. For endgame the proposed change seems like a nerf to the tanks. Especially the ones with low to mid gear. The latter have more like 2200-2500 armour and as a result will get less health than they are currently getting. Further they are the ones who actually have problems in PvP, not those maxed and skilled warriors. The maxed and skilled ones can hold for a long time!

Some people here point out the perma debuff of aimed shot. However all pets used in PvP nowadays have 15% or 20% armour reduction on their passive. In those not organised PvP games in TDM most people just resort to using a nekro, or a mari, or a singe. In many games I have encountered 4 or 5 nekros on each team. I am 100% sure that the 20% armour reduction of nekro's passive attack is active 100% of the time. So changing how aimed shot works won't help at all. In this regard giving charged jugg an immunity to armour debuffs is a great idea! Imho considering how long the cooldown is maybe the skill should get a short stun and slow immunities too.

Moving on those changes won't help the warrior class in PvE, which is the part of the game where the whole class is lacking the most. The only way for a warrior to be really useful and not to slow the pt is to use the new lvl 46 mythic. However the efficiency of the weapon is increased by using more attacking skills, thus making using jugg contra-productive, as it would reduce the number of procs (let alone the super long cooldown). In this regards I think that additional changes to the warrior class are needed.

P.S. I have done extensive testing in planar tombs and elite Ren'gol (only grotto and mines) and contrary to what some players claim in this thread a skilled warrior with the new weapon is about as fast as a mage with maxed gear (40%+ crit maxed mages are still faster though).

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

isnt bad idea at all if dont count the armor debuffs! and i think a cd at 30 sec would be perfect! atm all the chars hv small cd and 45 secs of jugger is a bit pain! ty for trying to fix again our tanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

First. I'm not sure cara is getting a proper thanking for at least trying.

Second, here is my summary of additions.

1. What Zues said, would be best as charge = no debuffs

2. Party damage buff based off of how low tank's health is (lower = more damage) not going more than a 30% buff

3. More aggressive scaling

4. Shorter cd!!
    Ign - Coolguymage