Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: not only they fixed the aegis' bug, but they also nerf it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I think its a nerf cuz of so many warriors abusing this bug,

Time for a glint stone bow nerf too since the bows can spawn bombs even if the rogues shooting behind an obstacle...
    It was not a bug. Before update any hit was counting to activate the proc, you now need to use the normal attack to activate. The attack skills also do not activate the proc. The Aegis does not have much damage, and now with this slow proc was kind of useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I thought aegis proc stayed activated and kept stacking procs when a warrior initiated and switched weapon(switching the weapon was teh bug since the proc still applied while using a different weapon).

Sorry bit lost thought proc worked based on hits you took, so how will attack skills not activate proc?(unless you mean opponent attacking with a skill and the proc nott activating).
    I'm not talking about the bug.

Yes, the warrior needs to attack the enemy.

Watch the video. The Aegis need a number hits to generate explosions. Before the attack skills were worth to activate these explosions. That was the skill Windmill generate two or three explosions. Now I have to be using the normal attack, was too slow proc.

Last edited by soon; 12-04-2015 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    He's probably referring to the bug you so enthusiastically identified in your thread some days earlier...

But this post is not about them have fixed the bug. It's about have increased the difficulty of the proc Aegis.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

This all reminds of the movie called Groundhog Day. Just Bill Murray is STS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Just tested the proc. Yes it is surely nerfed and once again warriors are thrown a carrot just to have it ripped away from them. Come on now,lets get real about this. Everyone knows and admits that the warrior class always needed a buff and also needed that little extra something to be able to feel like a valuable member of a party and not to be treated like outcasts. For once we felt good to be able to have a weapon that worked well and had a good proc. Well, i guess that feeling was once again short lived. I used an arcane maul for a long time and had sold it because i liked the aegis proc and was impressed with the weapon overall. Now i feel like i am sorry that i sold the maul. Once again warriors sold good weapons and scrambled to get the aegis only to be crushed in defeat soon after. It is a crying shame. Why you cannot only fix the problem of not allowing the aegis proc to remain active after unequiped and NOT change the proc when it is equipped is nonsense to me. All the money that was exchanged and saved up by warriors to get this weapon was for nothing and alot of.warriors sold off better weapons to get the aegis. Now the price will plummet and aegis will not be worth much of anything. All the issues we went through with the "bulweak" you would think more attention and compassion would have been thought of in every step of the development in this weapon to make sure there were no "hiccups" after its release...anyway i am disgusted. Some might say it didnt change the weapon and it is still a good weapon but that just isnt the point. I love the game but hate it when things like this happen.Please FIX it..........ign=SCREAMEAGLE

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beezulbulb For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

is my english so bad that people can misunderstand the original intent of my post?

if so, pardon me...
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Attack skills not adding to the proc is a major nerf or bug for this weapon. Hopefully it gets straightened out soon.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Attack skills not adding to the proc is a major nerf or bug for this weapon. Hopefully it gets straightened out soon.
    I am betting sts will need 2-3 weeks to read this thread, 1 to understand what it really means, 1-2 to attempt a fix, 1 more to really ix it, 1 to revert fix with next update and finally 1-3 to claim that fix was not reverted

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

The mage glintstone proc doesn't really help that much and since Aegis is now nerfed...Everything seems to be shifting toward rogues. Now rogues can dominate both pvp and pve. A 4-rogue party in pve is usually always faster and more efficient than with mage(s) or warrior(s) thrown in. Even as a mage, I would want to be in a party with rogues filling up the slots. My mage has around 900dmg and 1k+dmg with elixir in pve, yet I still do not deal close to a rogue with like 700dmg. Since rogues can do just as fine, if not better, in pve. If warriors and mages were just eliminated from the game, it seems that would be more efficient, full rogue parties for everyone!

Amazing signature made by Bellaelda

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arcanedragon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanedragon View Post
    The mage glintstone proc doesn't really help that much and since Aegis is now nerfed...Everything seems to be shifting toward rogues. Now rogues can dominate both pvp and pve. A 4-rogue party in pve is usually always faster and more efficient than with mage(s) or warrior(s) thrown in. Even as a mage, I would want to be in a party with rogues filling up the slots. My mage has around 900dmg and 1k+dmg with elixir in pve, yet I still do not deal close to a rogue with like 700dmg. Since rogues can do just as fine, if not better, in pve. If warriors and mages were just eliminated from the game, it seems that would be more efficient, full rogue parties for everyone!
    this... i've also been asking for a bit buff for mage's proc too... thanks for the comment, and yes, with equal gear, damage output of a rogue is always better than that of a mage, in equal gear, my rogue can hits up to 7k per 2s of aimed shot, while fireball hits max 1.5k, so mage will always needs their fireball hits more than 5 enemies to have an equal or better damage output to rogue's AS, and even worse, mage's fireball takes 2x longer to cooldown, with this simple calculation, it's so clear that mages will only be better than rogue in a map where an AS overkill one enemy

anyway attacks from skills still take counts toward the proc, problem are windmill only do 3x4 hits (only 1 additional proc of aegis), and bulwark and chest splitter miss way too often
    only hits from the proc itself doesn't take count

definitely won't hurt much if they fix their cleaving mechanic

edit: just retested again, skill attacks don't count, ahhahahah
    Last edited by extrapayah; 12-04-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanedragon View Post
    Sir, may i remind u that u posted on another thread 5 mins ago that the Aegis were not nerfed?!?
    Anyway 100% of your comment is off topic. 90% of it is very far from the reality.

1. Mage glintstone proc is like a first para (7 damage) for the whole pt. If that werent useful people wouldn't be paying 10 million for a para u see. Further this in conjunction with damage lix is a huge boost (60 damage to me personally) and 110 damage with mari and singe buff + 30% lix. This is for the whole pt.
    2. I have tested in duo arena with a op mage and 800 damage rogue. The op mage are faster in duo, partially because of the proc.
    3. The recently buffed/"padded out" planar tombs, elite tindirin and elite Ren'gol are so hard for the average rogue, that they are not really feasible for a full rogue pt.
    4. Rogues do not dominate pvp. This is really too ling to explain.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I've been always thinking more mobs attacking the warrior was the way glintstone was supposed to work, wouldn't that have been better? Mobs in the future could stack DoTs making runs nigh impossible without warrs, and a warr tanking these DoTs would mean the weapon procing more? Two birds one stone.

#Reminesce to when asp had to tell me gladiators gain attack buffwhen player dies nott orc
    yes, this is known as taunt. Makes the mobs attacking warrior.

Name:  3aTGKhe.png
Views: 372
Size:  98.7 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I get it now. Well, proc actually shouldn't occur on skill attacks. I'm pretty sure no other weapon procs on skill attacks. That being said, this is really a huge drop in usefulness for the aegis and as a result - for warriors in PvE. I strongly suggest STS rethink this fix or nerf or whatever you call it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    I get it now. Well, proc actually shouldn't occur on skill attacks. I'm pretty sure no other weapon procs on skill attacks. That being said, this is really a huge drop in usefulness for the aegis and as a result - for warriors in PvE. I strongly suggest STS rethink this fix or nerf or whatever you call it.
    Unless I'm seeing the effects of lag, the bow procs on Skills as well. Mabye mine is the 'GOLD' version, ha!
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Oo dealing damage and taunting...

IMO the proc is fine as long it's just taunt, 10 hits and u proc would make warriors OP versus mages(cuz of DoT) and PvE maps where taunting rewards warrior with an increased damage output...
    Not really, we can not stun or freeze enemies. And taunt mean that all of the crowd is attacking you. Spending too much on healing potions. Need mage to reduce the damage. And against a few enemies or boss, takes too long to get an explosion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Warrior useless and got nerf so perfect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    Despite being aa warrior I actually agree with this. An easy fix that will help a lot more is making the proc happen when warr gets hit.

Either way, the weap pretty much sucks now, leaving warr with outdated weapon alternatives for pve. It would be really great if sts could take a look into this faster than their usual SLA (2-3 years...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

B onjovi i agree fully. This thread is about nerf on the aegis and is not a pity party for other classes. Sorry if i seem insensitive but i am tired of the nerf that take place AFTER the items are released. These things should be noticed during the testing phase. Maybe allow some regular players to beta test items before release, i dont know but something should be done. Yes this is just a game but tons of people take this game very serious and are dedicated players.Please fix the nerf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Upperbound View Post
    Rogue legends returns!
    Has it ever been different?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Oo dealing damage and taunting...

IMO the proc is fine as long it's just taunt, 10 hits and u proc would make warriors OP versus mages(cuz of DoT) and PvE maps where taunting rewards warrior with an increased damage output...
    You stand on top of the warrior while fighting?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List