Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: boring and almost useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default boring and almost useless.

I don't post much but I frequent the forums every few hours. I've come to realize that if the thread isn't started by a GOA or a well know OP(original player) that the thread is more than likely a flame war, useless babble or something that has been discussed 10 times over. Srry for the rant. This thread is probably just as bad as the ones I'm complaining about so I will Stfu. K

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

As much I think this thread is stupid, I do find a good point in it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

It's an interesting opinion...

I'm not sure how true it is as I haven't spent any time looking over the various thread but this could be a good opportunity to discuss how non-guardians and old-timers can be supported to post what they want.

I think a little bit might be to do with the nature of this forum and the fact it is quite a functional forum and almost self policing to prevent rudeness, etc.

What sort of posts would you like to see more off, or in particular what would you like to post?
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Not all are like that. Though i have like a mental list of like 5 posters where, as soon as i see a thread of theirs, i expect utter uselessness from it.
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

well... first there is common sense. new players often don't think to use the glorious search bar.
    if a topic isn't found, make one, and I'm sure people would enjoy to discuss it.
    don't necro dead threads, don't ask questions already asked, and don't post just for the count of it.

if you have something good to say, people will listen.

constructive criticism, praise, discussion, and just hilarity all have a place.
    I suppose what the veterans are so wary of are the threads that only serve to deconstruct the community.
    this thread I see to lead to some valuable criticism, so kudos to you.

all in all, its the players that make the game.
    Guardians are here to help, not to set an elite name.

Bottom line: Keep on rocking the posts.
    With your pocket legend out.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Well, I hate to admit to a certain extent that what you have said is true. I'd really like to see a lot more posts of purpose and integrity as well. It may be just coincidental that the trolling / flaming threads are non-GoAs.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge:319137
    It's an interesting opinion...

I'm not sure how true it is as I haven't spent any time looking over the various thread but this could be a good opportunity to discuss how non-guardians and old-timers can be supported to post what they want.

I think a little bit might be to do with the nature of this forum and the fact it is quite a functional forum and almost self policing to prevent rudeness, etc.

What sort of posts would you like to see more off, or in particular what would you like to post?
    I am most interested in the post that have to do with getting groups for farming or xp runs, maybe if someone finds some new farming or pvp tactic or any of the GOA's guides. Something other than "Am I in the wrong?" Or the 5th separate thread about how to get the new vanity from the droid. There are a lot of good threads here. Its just the majority of the new ones are started by lazy uninformed people who just want to post for the sake of seeming their post count rise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WJJ View Post
    I am most interested in the post that have to do with getting groups for farming or xp runs, maybe if someone finds some new farming or pvp tactic or any of the GOA's guides. Something other than "Am I in the wrong?" Or the 5th separate thread about how to get the new vanity from the droid. There are a lot of good threads here. Its just the majority of the new ones are started by lazy uninformed people who just want to post for the sake of seeming their post count rise.
    +1

LOL SEE WHAT I DID THERE

no but really, you're right.
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I'm pretty sure no one here posts just for a good post count more like they have something to shareZ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    I'm pretty sure no one here posts just for a good post count more like they have something to shareZ
    actually, I'm sad to admit before I left, I saw MANY players doing this, even some current guardians. but people change.
    Ahhhhhh

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WJJ View Post
    Amen to that.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally I think the forums are great as people here are some of the most helpful and friendly I've seen in a lot of forums. Even though they could have kept it to themselves, a lot of ppl here selflessly posts guides, spend a lot of time collating pictures, or answering noob questions. Perhaps the reason why most of the interesting posts are from the well known players because they have been here the longest, and are further in the game than most of us. I know that I am still working through the cyber quests and haven't even explored through all of Balefort Sewers, and most things are fresh to me. You probably won't see any groundbreaking or super insightful posts from me so far, and same with most ppl as they are not that advanced yet. But the forums are great for one thing, and that is to demystify game mechanics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I personally just skim through the new posts and look for titles that interest me. I almost never will enter anything in the trader's market but it really depends on what I'm looking for, DEFINITELY not who is posting it.
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I caution the harshness towards some new posters as it deters some individuals from joining this community. The forums should not just be the home for seasoned veterans but also for beginners and causal players. We were all new at sometime and lacked some expertise and tact in how we conducted ourselves. I suggest that some members of the forum could criticize and inform with more kindness and patience. I know most of you do that anyway just my two cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flyingscv:319194
    Personally I think the forums are great as people here are some of the most helpful and friendly I've seen in a lot of forums. Even though they could have kept it to themselves, a lot of ppl here selflessly posts guides, spend a lot of time collating pictures, or answering noob questions. Perhaps the reason why most of the interesting posts are from the well known players because they have been here the longest, and are further in the game than most of us. I know that I am still working through the cyber quests and haven't even explored through all of Balefort Sewers, and most things are fresh to me. You probably won't see any groundbreaking or super insightful posts from me so far, and same with most ppl as they are not that advanced yet. But the forums are great for one thing, and that is to demystify game mechanics.
    I completely agree. Im just pointing out the decline of useful and informative threads. They are few and for between lately. And any noob questions that I ever have was answered in the best sticky ever. Thank you to all the GOAs. Your guys are the reason I never had to make a noob question thread. And I think the world of you guys for the unselfishness you have shown. You all deserve your titles and much more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigBah View Post
    I caution the harshness towards some new posters as it deters some individuals from joining this community. The forums should not just be the home for seasoned veterans but also for beginners and causal players. We were all new at sometime and lacked some expertise and tact in how we conducted ourselves. I suggest that some members of the forum could criticize and inform with more kindness and patience. I know most of you do that anyway just my two cents.
    I'm a firm believer in the two eyes one keyboard philosophy so I read on here much more than I post. All one has to do is scroll through the threads a little and you'll notice the huge amount of junk threads and posts. Be it a flame war or I was scammed without being scammed thread or just threads for no other real reason other than the op seeing thier post count going up. It's unfortunate but it's kind of the way forums and life works. Got to weed through the junk to find things worthwhile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

There have just been more posts than usual about personal tiffs that should be kept personal. And other useless junk. It's easy to spot most of them -- the annoying ones are those with titles that say NOTHING about the thread inside.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

What the thread title "omg omg omg" doesn't scream a discussion on string theory to you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

BANANAMAN

+1

Really... I haven't seen a single flame war since I've been on the forums... any examples?
    Last edited by Aculeas; 06-08-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It's more of the maturity of the original poster that influences the type of discussion that is held.

Like Kraze just said, a thread name of that sort is asking for all kinds of off-topic talk. I myself never judge off of popularity, but the actions of the poster.