Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tanks = Nurse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    I commend STS for going against popular trends and trying something new. Just because in D&D classes were set a certain way doesn't mean that every MMO, every fantasy RPG, should remain the same until Kingdom come.
    I agree to a certain point. I do like the originality of the class..

The only point I'm trying to make which keeps getting lost, is we are not equipped to do the job.

With top gear and maxed jewles still a subpar class on average.

There are exceptions to everything I'm comparing average geared to average geared in all classes...

I do thank you for your opion and keeping it civil, for in all honesty thats the way it should be...

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I commend STS for going against popular trends and trying something new. Just because in D&D classes were set a certain way doesn't mean that every MMO, every fantasy RPG, should remain the same until Kingdom come.
    Does the role of the goal keeper change no matter what game u play? If u don't give the goal keeper gloves u think he will be as effective? The role of a tank in every MMO has always been the same be it WoW, D&D or AL. Take damage and maintain aggro. It's the same model AL follows with the added responsibility of having to heal rogues and little blue trolls. Like the OP said the problem isn't the role,'it's the broken tools tanks have to try to do their role properly. The problem is the death of tanks from the pve aspect of the game which never happened in other MMOs like WoW which have been running for decades. This is why every pro endgame tank on this forums has been asking for a review of the tank class and this isn't recent. Check forums and you will see the same threads with the same input and no moderator response going back 2 years. Jugg issue isn't something new and neither is the fact that no one takes a tank to elite if they have a rogue/Mage alternative. In randoms you don't have a choice but I have never seen anyone say need tank for elite/lb run in gc and I've been playing for over 2 years.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i don't mind playing my tank as nurse, in fact, i also want sts to tone down the aggro gained by heal over time in pve, to play as nurse mage :P

BUT, the scaling system in pve makes all classes need to do some damage (in recent case, big damage) or else, runs will always become slower
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konafez View Post
    If Roges and mages found out tomorrow sets was going to make them into a "support class" they would collectively quit the game...but wars are expected to just shut up and be the support class
    Is that not what u signed up for when u made a warrior?
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    i don't mind playing my tank as nurse, in fact, i also want sts to tone down the aggro gained by heal over time in pve, to play as nurse mage :P

BUT, the scaling system in pve makes all classes need to do some damage (in recent case, big damage) or else, runs will always become slower
    When creating a party, each person added to the party receives an XP bonus to encourage leveling together instead of solo. If STG applied the same concept to warriors and giving the entire team a heavy damage boost (think greater than initial Paracelsus damage boost) then I doubt anyone would be complaining about bringing a warrior to run.

The alternative route would be to implement class combos which require all 3 classes and cause massive damage as they did in PL.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    When creating a party, each person added to the party receives an XP bonus to encourage leveling together instead of solo. If STG applied the same concept to warriors and giving the entire team a heavy damage boost (think greater than initial Paracelsus damage boost) then I doubt anyone would be complaining about bringing a warrior to run.

The alternative route would be to implement class combos which require all 3 classes and cause massive damage as they did in PL.
    This is the best solution so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Thanks for the support bro...
    I think this is an excellent idea ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Big Muscle Nurses hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

devs confirmed that for every members added, enemy level is increased, hence the increased xp. i think by adding a damage boost to party won't be enough to help, because enemies will also hit harder, not only have increased health/armor,

in my opinion, this is the root of the problem that discouraging full party farming, adding unnecessary complexity, and in the end motivating players to find loophole to scale down.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I been saying in almost all threads... add a class combo for having 3 classes in a party

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    I been saying in almost all threads... add a class combo for having 3 classes in a party
    I've been saying it since before your account creation date, lol.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Is that not what u signed up for when u made a warrior?
    Nope, when I started , max level was 16 and tanks were the best class in the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    I've been saying it since before your account creation date, lol.
    Thank you both for giving a really good solution to the tank pve problem. Any further constructive feedback/suggestions for improving the role of a tank in pve would be most welcome from all classes. So would any moderator response about the tank concerns mentioned in this thread. I'm sure the developers can inform us best regarding changes they can make to game mechanics without causing issue like the juggernaut-induced crashes. Any information about what the future holds for the tank class would be greatly appreciated and I hope they can acknowledge the concerns of the big brutes with the graceful feet.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    Does the role of the goal keeper change no matter what game u play? If u don't give the goal keeper gloves u think he will be as effective? The role of a tank in every MMO has always been the same be it WoW, D&D or AL. Take damage and maintain aggro. It's the same model AL follows with the added responsibility of having to heal rogues and little blue trolls. Like the OP said the problem isn't the role,'it's the broken tools tanks have to try to do their role properly. The problem is the death of tanks from the pve aspect of the game which never happened in other MMOs like WoW which have been running for decades. This is why every pro endgame tank on this forums has been asking for a review of the tank class and this isn't recent. Check forums and you will see the same threads with the same input and no moderator response going back 2 years. Jugg issue isn't something new and neither is the fact that no one takes a tank to elite if they have a rogue/Mage alternative. In randoms you don't have a choice but I have never seen anyone say need tank for elite/lb run in gc and I've been playing for over 2 years.
    Apples and oranges.

You're comparing within a single game (at least I think you are). This analogy would work if, for example, I wanted to play D&D with my friends and make my warrior a spellcaster. MMORGs are a genre. A proper analogy would be to compare, say, tennis & soccer/football.

Staying on topic though, I think there definitely should be some changes to tanks, and I do not think making them another damage class is the solution. One of the easiest solutions would be, I feel, to make Vengeful Blood a team buff while increasing the difficulty of mobs, so that a warrior would be very useful indeed.

P.S: insulting players isn't going to help. Little blue troll, seriously? Mages have been running around with +50 HP/s regen on Lifegiver for 3 years...

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I also think a buff to vb would be good. I also think having vb draw real aggro would help.
    Tbh my statement in regards to tanks being a dps, was not my point.
    My point is the, way tanks are speced, and geared atm isn't sufficient to play the roll, that we are meant to play. I don't want to necessarily be a damge dps hulk.
    I do however want to be able to perform as a tank, not be left out on any maps eg. arena because we are to week.
    I also don't want to get one or two shot in pvp. After obtaining new mythic set stats droped no mana axe throw is nice but do it a couple of times heal once out of mana. No mana = dead tank...

Last edited by geeman75; 12-13-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Best solution so far is class combo.
    Buffing warrs will make mages and rogues complain.
    So endless complaints.
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Apples and oranges.

You're comparing within a single game (at least I think you are). This analogy would work if, for example, I wanted to play D&D with my friends and make my warrior a spellcaster. MMORGs are a genre. A proper analogy would be to compare, say, tennis & soccer/football.

Staying on topic though, I think there definitely should be some changes to tanks, and I do not think making them another damage class is the solution. One of the easiest solutions would be, I feel, to make Vengeful Blood a team buff while increasing the difficulty of mobs, so that a warrior would be very useful indeed.

P.S: insulting players isn't going to help. Little blue troll, seriously? Mages have been running around with +50 HP/s regen on Lifegiver for 3 years...
    How many mages use life giver in pve?

From what I've seen all the smurfs refused to be mana healers and concentrated on damage so they became viable in elites. The threads were all about getting shield buffed and you all got that done with the support of the other classes. Now Mages can tank as well as a tank can if they are evenly mildly skilled. Mages were supposed to be crowd control and support but yall ditched that to focus on damage. Yet when tanks call for any sort of buff you all show up on tanking threads crying about the olden days of tank farming. If life giver is broken make a thread like warriors have been doing. I call people who troll threads with hidden agendas/fears trolls and if they are little and blue they get called little, blue trolls.

The analogy fits to any game u play. The goalkeepers purpose is to stop the other team from scoring no matter if it's hockey, football or NHL. The role of a tank has always been the same in every MMO throughout the genre.

Look up what a tank means and it says soaking damage and maintaining aggro. The tanks in AL don't have the tools to do either and even if they do its not necessary. That why no one takes tanks to elites. You acknowledge the warrior class is broken and needs review but don't want to give them damage while dealing damage is all that this game requires.

No tank really wants to become a damage dealer or we would have made rogues or smurfs. We are frustrated with the situation and offering solutions cause we doubt mages will be making threads to buff warriors anytime soon.
    Last edited by Hustle; 12-13-2015 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Spacing-more important than content

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    How many mages use life giver in pve?

From what I've seen all the smurfs refused to be mana healers and concentrated on damage so they became viable in elites. The threads were all about getting shield buffed and you all got that done with the support of the other classes. Now Mages can tank as well as a tank can if they are evenly mildly skilled. Mages were supposed to be crowd control and support but yall ditched that to focus on damage. Yet when tanks call for any sort of buff you all show up on tanking threads crying about the olden days of tank farming. If life giver is broken make a thread like warriors have been doing. I call people who troll threads with hidden agendas/fears trolls and if they are little and blue they get called little, blue trolls.

The analogy fits to any game u play. The goalkeepers purpose is to stop the other team from scoring no matter if it's hockey, football or NHL. The role of a tank has always been the same in every MMO throughout the genre.

Look up what a tank means and it says soaking damage and maintaining aggro. The tanks in AL don't have the tools to do either and even if they do its not necessary. That why no one takes tanks to elites. You acknowledge the warrior class is broken and needs review but don't want to give them damage while dealing damage is all that this game requires.

No tank really wants to become a damage dealer or we would have made rogues or smurfs. We are frustrated with the situation and offering solutions cause we doubt mages will be making threads to buff warriors anytime soon.
    I believe you have illustrated the point of what this game has evolved into very well...

We were supposed to be tank secondary healer, and mages were suposed to be crowd control and main healers.
    Somehow that has been done away with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geeman75 View Post
    I believe you have illustrated the point of what this game has evolved into very well...

We were supposed to be tank secondary healer, and mages were suposed to be crowd control and main healers.
    Somehow that has been done away with.

Personally I feel that giving the tank a heal is genius. We don't have to depend on anyone and can protect ourselves and the team better. I also think mages played it really smart by shedding their support class status and asking for buffs which made them much more balanced overall. What I don't understand is why they all seem so threatened by a warrior buff even when all that is being asked for is a pve buff not pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

A prime example of what I'm trying to say, I was in arena lobby waiting patently for a party when I get "War out".
    I was the first one there lol.
    I have 3k armor over 9k hp, and Nekro, depending on weapon I use I have over 900 damage.
    I also want to add the mage who was demanding for me to leave had less damage than I did.
    People wonder why I started this thread well this is one example of why I started it...

Last edited by geeman75; 12-13-2015 at 08:12 PM.