Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pharcydes Magical-Wand-Service --Request a Build--

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Pharcydes Magical-Wand-Service --Request a Build--

Ever see a really powerful Enchantress and wonder how they became so good? Well here you go! Here, at Magical-Wand-Service, you can request a Enchantress Build from expert players, and ask for advice on anything bear related!

You can as anything you want, but I recommend you to use this form to allow expert players to help them provide a proper build.

Q: What Level are you?
    A:
    Q: What is your playstyle? Massive group damage? Support? Single target damage? Tank?
    A:
    Q: What do you prefer to do more? PvP or PvE?
    A:
    Q: Do you prefer damage? Armor? or both?
    A:
    Q: Add any other information you think would be helpful for experts to make you a build.
    A:
    Q: Are you willing to use health/mana pots?
    A:
    Q: Can you afford good gears or you want to save gold?
    A:
    Q: Do you have friends to play with or do you mostly do PUGs?
    A:
    Q: Is this your first character?
    A:
    Q: What notable gears do you currently have?
    A:

Just copy and paste this form, then fill in the A: part.

For the players -- Feel free to help any player who posts here asking for a build. I cannot be on all the time to give them a speedy and full response.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 06-18-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Players Serviced:

Register
    Mkcecil
    superleojay
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 06-19-2011 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

First of all, I wana thank you in advanced!

Q: What is your playstyle? Massive group damage? Support? Single target damage? Tank?
    A:Tank and a little massive group damage
    A:PvE
    A:Armor
    Q: Add any other information you think would be helpful for experts to make you a build.
    A:I LOVE KILLING STUFF OFTO
    A:As many as it takes to run into Gold Fever alone without armor
    A:I can save!!!
    A:Hahahahahaha i have friends...i just dont play with them
    A:Nope
    A:Nothing atm
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    First of all, I wana thank you in advanced!

A:Tank and a little massive group damage
    A:PvE
    A:Armor
    A:I LOVE KILLING STUFF OFTO
    A:As many as it takes to run into Gold Fever alone without armor
    A:I can save!!!
    A:Hahahahahaha i have friends...i just dont play with them
    A:Nope
    A:Nothing atm
    You sound like you would be a Paladin or Dual Build. What Level are you? That way I can recommend a build.

Paladin - Lvl 55
    • Paladin's are basically Bears with Enchantress Spells
    • Paladins use all Bear equipment
    • Paladins have very high armor, dodge, Healthpool, and Healthpoint Regeneration
    • Paladins have very high dungeon survivability
    • BUILD: 173 STR, 105 INT - 139 STR 139 INT recommended!
    In order to be a Paladin, you must have at least enough strength to put on Bear gear. The rest should be put into Int. Some Paladins basically convert themselves to bears and go full Strength, which I highly do not recommend!
    Paladin picture

Dual Build - Lvl 55
    • Dual Build allows you to wear two top level gears without reallocating your characters stats.
    • Dual Build is the most balanced setup in the game.
    • Dual Build is mainly a PvE build.
    • Dual Builds sacrifice additional stat bonus's in both fields in return for the ability to wear two gears
    • Dual Builds use several low level items in order to equip the top level items.
    • BUILD: 139 INT 139 STR or 140 INT 139 DEX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Ever see a really powerful Enchantress and wonder how they became so good? Well here you go! Here, at Magical-Wand-Service, you can request a Enchantress Build from expert players, and ask for advice on anything bear related!

You can as anything you want, but I recommend you to use this form to allow expert players to help them provide a proper build.

A: Little bit of tank some support and a lot of group damage!
    A: PvE
    A: damage and a little bit of armor
    A: try to find a good way to mash all the info I can give you together and and post if you need more info! If I can be any help! Oh and it is a enchantress level 27 right now.
    A:yes but not if it's a huge cost
    A:save gold for now... I'm poor
    A:99.9% pugs .1 % solo
    A:nope
    A:level 5 gear yes level 5 gear!

Just copy and paste this form, then fill in the A: part.

For the players -- Feel free to help any player who posts here asking for a build. I cannot be on all the time to give them a speedy and full response.
    This is my request and I think you are amazing for doing this! And one thing is that I already got a dex Mage so I don't think that would be something I need I would like help between the other 2 options you probably know which would be better...but I am leaning toward pally
    Last edited by Mkcecil; 06-18-2011 at 11:39 PM.
    55 enchantress (Dex Mage)-Keasha
    35 Archer (str bird)-Mkcecil
    36 Warrior (pure str)
    35 enchantress (pvp mage)-Kittenkaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mkcecil View Post
    This is my request and I think you are amazing for doing this! And one thing is that I already got a dex Mage so I don't think that would be something I need I would like help between the other 2 options you probably know which would be better...but I am leaning toward pally
    keep into account that, as a pally, you will deal way less skill dmg (and heal) as compared to a pure int mage. And a pure int with MM Wand/bracer is fairly easy to keep alive too. If you still want a pally, and feel you must go for single spec with minimum str/rest int, I'd recommend a fortified set. Fortified does about 32-35'ish dmg per skill more than fury, but you'll sacrifice dodge

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    keep into account that, as a pally, you will deal way less skill dmg (and heal) as compared to a pure int mage. And a pure int with MM Wand/bracer is fairly easy to keep alive too. If you still want a pally, and feel you must go for single spec with minimum str/rest int, I'd recommend a fortified set. Fortified does about 32-35'ish dmg per skill more than fury, but you'll sacrifice dodge
    121 is min STR for fort at level 56
    123 is min STR for fort at level 55
    125 is min STR for fury at level 55
    (If you're trying to maximise damage. Although currently dex/str pallies are doing more damage due to hit %. A Pally with rooters has enough hit, so it's viable to go int/str with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I'd like to see how this goes. The reason I'm posting this is for PvP advice.

A: 56, pure int mage
    A: Group damage
    A: PvP
    A: Damage is priority
    A: Looking for a build that is good for group fights (5v5), but also good at 1v1 against all classes.
    A: Yes (not applicable for PvP, but yes in PvE)
    A: Yes
    A: Both
    A: No, although it is my main.
    A: Mega mage gemstone wand set, enchanted gemstone staff set, a few enchanted recipes, sewer queen set, and custom recurve set (should I decide to respec). I also still have my level 50 shadow and sentinel sets, although I did sell my Cosmos set (I still have the Keeper's staff though).

Me:
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-F...d%25252056.png
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 06-19-2011 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Added some info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    121 is min STR for fort at level 56
    123 is min STR for fort at level 55
    125 is min STR for fury at level 55
    (If you're trying to maximise damage. Although currently dex/str pallies are doing more damage due to hit %. A Pally with rooters has enough hit, so it's viable to go int/str with them.
    Wait are you saying that some people do a dex/str pally build? And if so that's more a bear build IMO but I want to see what he comes up with as a reply to my request it is kinda odd for me to lean towards pally but want high damage but either way if he said pally is a no go and came up with something different I think that would be awesome! I really wanna see what he comes up with. But I do keep in mind the cons and pros of pally or whatever build it might be.
    36 Warrior (pure str)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Wait are you saying that some people do a dex/str pally build? And if so that's more a bear build IMO but I want to see what he comes up with as a reply to my request it is kinda odd for me to lean towards pally but want high damage but either way if he said pally is a no go and came up with something different I think that would be awesome! I really wanna see what he comes up with. But I do keep in mind the cons and pros of pally or whatever build it might be.
    Since he's referring to hit%, and not dual spec, my guess is he meant put SOME points in dex. You must make sure your hit% >=85% (more doesn't really make a difference as to physiologic's tests on the subject).

Anyway, I had a pally myself and really liked it too, but then I started wondering what would benefit my party the most. That's why I went back to pure INT. As a pally you deal a serious amount less dmg (even with fortified) and your heal becomes pretty useless too. And for what? Only your own Survivability? You can use cheap orange flusher's items (I believe), if you want reasonable survivability. It has fairly high armor and nice h/s, and sufficient m/s too. Best int set in therms of survivability is hands down the (very expensive) enchanted wand/bracer set. With a 5 armor ring and a vanity item, I have 140 armor and like 39h/s regen. You'll occasionally (but rarely) need a mana pot if you're spamming skills or put your magic shield on. You can increase that armor to 144 if you put 67points in dex, and use a dex ring, but at the expensive of some skill dmg. You can even get your armor around 150 if using the dex ring and str crown of persistence (dodge remains low though). Since your heal is much stronger, it's generally much easier to keep your party members alive. And, on top of that you heal yourself much more, further lessening the survivability difference between str or int Mage.

The way I see it, a pally can be useful if you don't know how to play well, and you don't want to die. But it makes you a seriously less effective party member IMO. And for people that say 'yeah, but I can always stay alive to rev everyone', I have to say I disagree on that. If a wipeout occurs where even your bear in the party gets wiped out, you can almost count on it that the pally will be death too. On top of that, it might have been that your party members wouldn't have died if your heal was stronger. Ask any of my farming buddies, I have absolutely no problem surviving just about anything anywhere with my pure int setup, and I consider myself just an average player to be honest
    Last edited by JaytB; 06-19-2011 at 04:18 AM.

U rok, thanks!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Hey Mkcecil! Based on your request, I would suggest two builds for you. A Hybrid Build or a Paladin Build. JaytB already mentioned that Paladins are about low to medium damage and high armor. So I would lean you towards a Hybrid Int Build.

Hybrid - Lvl 27
    • Hybrids are Enchantress's that can equip all Enchantress gears but have stat points put into other skills for the benefits.
    • Hybrids generally sacrifice Int and its benefits in return for Str and its benefits.
    • Hybrids have less damage then pure mages but have higher survivability with the additional armor.
    • BUILD: 93 INT, 56 STR
    Hybrids are good because Pure Int mages are known to be extremely hard to play by the fact that they can get one hit killed. 1V1 a Pure Int mage is likely to win though.
    Hybrid picture

For your stat point layout. You will want to put enough Int to equip top level gears at that level. For you, it would be Fathom Crypts to Lost Expidition gear. Fathom Crypts gear is really expensive, as most the good gear is rare and wanted by collectors. So I recommend to level up to 30 then use Brain-Freeze Gear.

Brain Freeze Set:
    Dreamers Ice Mage Snowcap - Level 29, 90 int. 7 int bonus
    Brain Freeze Ice Wand - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus
    Brain Freeze Yeti Shaman Cloth - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus
    Brain Freeze Magic Yeti Eyeball - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus

I highly recommend you to use the wand and eye for tank-ability. Set your skills like this. It allows you to equip top level 30 gear, while having the defensive boost of strength. Hybrids have almost the full ability of Int mages, with increased survivability.

Ignore the remaining points, you wont have remaining points at your level.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    I'd like to see how this goes. The reason I'm posting this is for PvP advice.

A: 56, pure int mage
    A: Group damage
    A: PvP
    A: Damage is priority
    A: Looking for a build that is good for group fights (5v5), but also good at 1v1 against all classes.
    A: Yes (not applicable for PvP, but yes in PvE)
    A: Yes
    A: No, although it is my main.
    A: Mega mage gemstone wand set, enchanted gemstone staff set, a few enchanted recipes, sewer queen set, and custom recurve set (should I decide to respec). I also still have my level 50 shadow and sentinel sets, although I did sell my Cosmos set (I still have the Keeper's staff though).

Me:
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-F...d%25252056.png
    Well, your layout is perfect for what you want to do. For Mages in PvP, they don't want to be balanced. They either wanna be all out int, all out dex, or Paladin. Since your focusing on max possible damage and group damage, I would recommend what you already have, pure int. Maybe also consider swapping out your staff with a gem blast staff, as it provides higher spell damage. Since it's PvP, you will need your stats set up right. If you are fine sharing them, post a picture of your skills. Or PM it to me. If you don't want to either, thats fine and I can recommend my own custom PvP build Skill Layout.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

A:1
    A: tank
    A: pvp
    A: armour
    A: idk
    A:no
    A:save
    Augs
    A:nothing
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    Q: What Level are you?A:1Q: What is your playstyle? Massive group damage? Support? Single target damage? Tank? A: tankQ: What do you prefer to do more? PvP or PvE?A: pvpQ: Do you prefer damage? Armor? or both? A: armourQ: Add any other information you think would be helpful for experts to make you a build.A: idkQ: Are you willing to use health/mana pots?A:noQ: Can you afford good gears or you want to save gold?A:saveQ: Do you have friends to play with or do you mostly do PUGs?AugsQ: Is this your first character?A:noQ: What notable gears do you currently have?A:nothing
    Lol?

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello! Thank you very much!

A: lvl53
    A: Massive group / Single target damage both
    A: ....
    A: yes always
    A:yes I can but save is better
    A: friends in game
    A: yes
    A: Keeper's Helmet of Shadows / 1.Crystal Staff of Shadows 2.Mastermind's Gemstone Wand / Keeper's Armor of Shadows /Gurgox's Eye of the Cosmos/Fine Crystal Ring of Bravery

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

A:55
    A: massive group damage and i like to be a tank
    A: both
    A: i like decent mana and health regen
    A:i like regen decent health and mana regen for less pots to use
    A:depends on the price and yea i like to save gold
    A:i play with friends
    A:nope
    A:sewer queen mixed with mega mage and flushers

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

A: 53
    A: a mix of distance single target damage and support
    A: a balance betweem the two
    A: i like doing decent damage but being away from the frontline so to keep people alive with cure and rev
    A:absolutely
    A: gotta save
    A: exclusively friends
    A: my first guy over 53, ive got two others but they're rlly low
    A:death helm talon and wing (currently working on getting death armor)

Thanks, greatly appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Hey Mkcecil! Based on your request, I would suggest two builds for you. A Hybrid Build or a Paladin Build. JaytB already mentioned that Paladins are about low to medium damage and high armor. So I would lean you towards a Hybrid Int Build.

Hybrid - Lvl 27
    • Hybrids are Enchantress's that can equip all Enchantress gears but have stat points put into other skills for the benefits.
    • Hybrids generally sacrifice Int and its benefits in return for Str and its benefits.
    • Hybrids have less damage then pure mages but have higher survivability with the additional armor.
    • BUILD: 93 INT, 56 STR
    Hybrids are good because Pure Int mages are known to be extremely hard to play by the fact that they can get one hit killed. 1V1 a Pure Int mage is likely to win though.
    Hybrid picture

For your stat point layout. You will want to put enough Int to equip top level gears at that level. For you, it would be Fathom Crypts to Lost Expidition gear. Fathom Crypts gear is really expensive, as most the good gear is rare and wanted by collectors. So I recommend to level up to 30 then use Brain-Freeze Gear.

Brain Freeze Set:
    Dreamers Ice Mage Snowcap - Level 29, 90 int. 7 int bonus
    Brain Freeze Ice Wand - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus
    Brain Freeze Yeti Shaman Cloth - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus
    Brain Freeze Magic Yeti Eyeball - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus

I highly recommend you to use the wand and eye for tank-ability. Set your skills like this. It allows you to equip top level 30 gear, while having the defensive boost of strength. Hybrids have almost the full ability of Int mages, with increased survivability.

Ignore the remaining points, you wont have remaining points at your level.
    Thank you pharcyde
    36 Warrior (pure str)

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    A:1
    A: tank
    A: pvp
    A: armour
    A: idk
    A:save
    Augs
    A:nothing
    Nice one kossi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

lol i am so lucky i found this thread!! I was playing with a paladin and i always thought they were waaay sucky but when i saw and talked with the pally, i was like....wow. Lol i aksed the pally to run into a boss room and survive for a little bit and the pally did. I was kinda expecting it to die lol. But now i think ill make a pally and now you have helped me Pharcyde!!
    Thank you!!!
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177