Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sad kids on pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default Sad kids on pvp

What the heck is wrong with pvp? It's full of trash talking idiots. I literally join and once I kill someone they cry and name call. I then get kicked and spam messaged.

Last game I kept killing a guy (35 pvp). I get kicked and spammed saying I can't afford voodoo and calling me a variety of names.

Funny thing was I am wearing full voodoo.

So where are the manners in this game? Do I really have to go around ignoring all the ignorant kids?
    Last edited by mike1298; 06-21-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

"So where are the manners in this game? Do I really have to go around ignoring all the ignorant kids?"

Unfortunately, if they are that bothersome, then yes.

If they are behaving extremely bad though, don't hesitate to report them. Even if no direct cursing was used, if they were "bullying", STS doesn't approve of that either. Or if they were behaving in a manner that ruins another player's experience, be it yours alone or numerous others (take for example he boots a lot of players for rude reasons and spams them like he did to you).

You can be the bigger person by just ignoring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Welcome to 35 PvP, the worst level for PvP trash talkers IMO. Almost all mages are int with voodoo, str birds with iceberg, and very very few bears. Everyone has a huge ego because they're hiding behind the OP spec, sad thing is, all the twinks are the OP spec, making it very hard to do well unless you are the same spec. I personally hate 30-35, why I quit them. Everyone there talks a big game, and trash talks like crazy. I can keep rambling, and rambling, but you get the idea since you've experienced it. Like Elly said, just gotta ignore em. Arguing with them leads nowhere. I sometimes with you could turn off chat so you don't have to read their trash, since it becomes a pain to ignore everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

IMO, it would give me more drive to get better and better in that level range though.

Every time I see rage/trash talk or get raged/trash talked at, I just remember that WoW's greatest freakout video when he dies...

Not to mention that he might be playing on an iPhone/Android phone, very similar to that remote control...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

2 people on ignore from pvp in 2 games haha. The other tried scamming me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Scamming? Reportable scamming or ripping you off scamming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Rip off scam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Thats different.
    Mentioning names is also somewhat a type of harassment, i would take his name out if i were you-.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Gardestrike harassed me omg i reported him so ... ugh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cuard View Post
    I think Gardestrike is Tempest around the forums; I've never had any bad experiences with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Every time I see one of these threads I remember why I don't pvp.

I pvp'ed with some friends before, and had always loads of fun. And that's what it should be, fun. I simply can see me enjoying a game where everybody is cursing at each other. But then again, I might have a wrong view on pvp since only the bad stories might be posted here.

On topic, as said already, just ignore. I call it the 'zen' button. Press it, and all drama and stress magically disappears

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Welcome to 35 PvP, the worst level for PvP trash talkers IMO. Almost all mages are int with voodoo, str birds with iceberg, and very very few bears. Everyone has a huge ego because they're hiding behind the OP spec, sad thing is, all the twinks are the OP spec, making it very hard to do well unless you are the same spec. I personally hate 30-35, why I quit them. Everyone there talks a big game, and trash talks like crazy. I can keep rambling, and rambling, but you get the idea since you've experienced it. Like Elly said, just gotta ignore em. Arguing with them leads nowhere. I sometimes with you could turn off chat so you don't have to read their trash, since it becomes a pain to ignore everyone.
    LALALALA everyone is "pro" at 35 pvp which is really funny, to me at least. I get called a noob too many times to count. I dont take it personaly; their opinion of me I could care less about. Ask the old timers of 35 pvp who I am and they'll know. all these new kids on the block who think theyre all that can.... well...... keep thinking that. Who cares?
    I stand for one thing so I dont fall for everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Every time I see one of these threads I remember why I don't pvp.

I pvp'ed with some friends before, and had always loads of fun. And that's what it should be, fun. I simply can see me enjoying a game where everybody is cursing at each other. But then again, I might have a wrong view on pvp since only the bad stories might be posted here.

On topic, as said already, just ignore. I call it the 'zen' button. Press it, and all drama and stress magically disappears
    Not all PvPer are bad; samething as PvE... have ya ever had an annoying person try to farm with ya and no host? I dont know if you were arround when Caves came out and lvl 4's would run around with 50's dying all over the place... there is good and bad in every type of play.
    I stand for one thing so I dont fall for everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike1298 View Post
    What the heck is wrong with pvp? It's full of trash talking idiots. I literally join and once I kill someone they cry and name call. I then get kicked and spam messaged.

Last game I kept killing a guy (35 pvp). I get kicked and spammed saying I can't afford voodoo and calling me a variety of names.

Funny thing was I am wearing full voodoo.

So where are the manners in this game? Do I really have to go around ignoring all the ignorant kids?
    I booted you, cus after teling you about 10 times NO RUSHING ITS NOT FFA, u still do it... and u bet me by rushing... cool. and i did not spam u. You joined, then you rush my team after i was trying to say Hi and welcome you. Then i telll u its not ffa, then u call me an idiot kid... I ask you to 1v1 me. U rush me again, then u get booted.

THE END.

Quote Originally Posted by cuard View Post
    Try to not say others names, and ive never heard of you. And i dont "harrass" people for nothing buddy.

Can this thread be closed?
    Jesma - LVL 53 Mage
    Tempestorz - LVL 51 Bird
    Gardestrike - LVL 35 Voodoo Mage
    Mezmizer - LVL 33 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Lol ask for close if someone sais anything against you? I personally dont like people like that thats why i do level 10-16 there are much nicer people(of course there are still people who arent fair) but at all i think you shouldnt do pvp if you take things people call you seriously. I think its somehow a part of pvp to be a bit ego because you wouldnt do it if you think you are the worst. Just have fun thats all and be fair
    Characters:
    Deadfarmers Level 76 Mage Deadsoldiers Level 36 Bear Deadfighters Level 15 Twink Deadmerchant Level 33 Merchant

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Whoa guys, lets not turn this into an argument thread. Sounds like you should just use the Ignore feature for one another and go your separate ways.

Thread locked.