Thread: Contiguous world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Contiguous world

Devs,

I was wondering if you had ever planned to make the pocket legends world more contiguous and less menu driven? First off, I really like the mobile-MMO aspects of the game: how I can log in, join or create a dungeon and play for 10 minutes if that's all I want. I don't want that to go away.

I know there are plans to add more towns but are you ever considering zones "between" all of the maps and towns you're planning. Maybe have random spawns and allow 25-30 players in them? World zones are fun and I think they mesh well with mobile MMO in terms of quick playability. If I wanted to solo this would probably be good place, give world zone unique loot and even make some of them pvp zones?

Still having fun playing PL, thanks Spacetime!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I've always enjoyed a "world" to run around in, in an mmorpg. I think that this is a great idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I would love this too. I hope its possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd MUCH rather have a world map per expansion than an extra town per expansion. There is only so much you can do in a town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I read somewhere that the developers initially wanted a single world for players, but using separate world rooms was necessary to ensure that the game ran smoothly. That said it would be nice if whe they made the new towns, if there was a way to walk to the edge of the town which had a entrance/exit that would put you into the create a game window for that towns dungeons.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I read somewhere that the developers initially wanted a single world for players, but using separate world rooms was necessary to ensure that the game ran smoothly. That said it would be nice if whe they made the new towns, if there was a way to walk to the edge of the town which had a entrance/exit that would put you into the create a game window for that towns dungeons.
    I can def see where this could be limited by its hardware, but I like your workaround.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    FAIL! (oh man I always wanted to say that...)
    RosieODonell, Lvl 50 WarMage / Ogediah, Lvl 35 Warrior / DrPhill, Lvl 45 Archer
    (+ three others I play around with when bored)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Mmm, in the Dev Pathway post it mentions plans to include some free roaming zone / townes.

The menu system is very effective at finding the type of game you want so that is good as it stands.

But, some sort of mini-map worldview would feel quite immersive linking the various zones, dungeons and townes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

A total free roaming world would be pretty awesome, if only it could be made without problems..
    Wetphart Level 41 Dex Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The game can't even be run now without lagging. Adding ridiculous loading times for these huge maps just wouldn't work. If you guys really want traditional MMORPG features...play a traditional MMORPG and not one on an iphone/ipod/ipad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Please!!!

I have mentioned this a number of times and think its key for the growth of this game. Please build out the friendly portion of the world where we can live, have homes, consort with friendly creatures (tame them), and move into dungeons when we want. This is essential for players to actually spend time in the game instead of just popping on playing a dungeon and then leaving. I really thing the greater success of this game hinges on this concept.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofthebear View Post
    The game can't even be run now without lagging. Adding ridiculous loading times for these huge maps just wouldn't work. If you guys really want traditional MMORPG features...play a traditional MMORPG and not one on an iphone/ipod/ipad.
    What you're saying is valid but I don't think you're responding to what I'm specifically asking for. I'm asking for normal sized zones, that are still instanced for 25 max people (just like townes), that are populated with monsters that respawn for people to kill. These would be good questing zones, good community play zones, good place to randomly group with people who are trying to accomplish what you are (farming spawns/completing quests/passing time while waiting on the bus). I still think you should be able to instantly get where you want to go through the menu system, but in terms of interactivity, world zones would seem like a good addition to me, even in a casual-mobile-mmo.